Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2016, 05:28 AM   #1

First Jayco Fifth wheel purchase

Good day,

I have owned 4 fith wheels so far but never a Jayco. Would like feedback from other owners on quality or any potentiel problems. I am looking at a Eagle 360QBOK. Thanks!
quicksell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:07 AM   #2

We purchased a new Jayco Eagle 2 years ago. We had what I consider major problems out the shoot. However, the dealer had everything working in good order in short time. I must say, since then, we have had nothing but smooth sailing. I have owned 3 other Jayco products in the last 20 years and have really had no issues with any of the other rigs. I think this was a fluke and the wife and I simply love this rig. It has 3 slides and knock on wood, we have had no issues with the slides or motors. It is a beautiful looking rig and even though two years old, we still get comments and how beautiful the rig is both inside and out. I don't think you can go wrong with a Jayco as they are the only manufacturer with a two year warranty. So if you have any problems, you have two years to get all the kinks out. Good luck and happy camping!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #3

We have a two year old 351 RSTS. A few minor warranty problems including a slide issue. The slide issue was an operator error (stopping the slide while in motion and not waiting, causing the slide motors to end up out of "sync"). We had an issue with the levelling system but again a good read of the instructions also solved that problem. My biggest beef is the lousy operators manual that is generic and not specific to the unit. Jayco could go a long way in solving many warranty issues by offering with the unit a unit specific manual.

FYI get rid of the stock tires asap.

I would certainly purchase another Jayco.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #4

And a good day to you, quicksell, and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #5

We sure love ours. Bought it off the lot, so we didn't get to order it. Fortunately it was loaded, just as we would have ordered it anyway. The only problem we encountered was the cheap crap Ranier tires it came with. No option to have the dealer upgrade them so we ran the Raniers the first year and a month ago or so we went thru trailertiresandwheels.com and upgraded to the high pressure rims and Sailun S637 G rated 14 ply tires. The coach is beautiful! Well trimmed with great quality stuff. We couldn't be happier with our choice.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #6

We shopped for over a year before we ordered our North Point, going to numerous RV shows and a few of the reputable dealers. We liked the Jayco brand from the start, but thought we'd play it smart and shop around before finalizing our plans. In the end, our initial instincts were what we went with as the product just stood out as a superior camper. I wish I could give you notes from our experience with her, but we take delivery in a couple weeks. Very excited for that day to arrive!

The one thing that stood out was the quality of the product, which just seemed higher than the competition. That they back it up with a 2 year warranty was also important, as our previous camper, a Fleetwood, had an issue in our second season that wasn't covered. In the end, you should go with what feels right to you as you'll literally be living with your choice! Good luck in your search!
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #7

Welcome aboard and congrats on 5er
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #8

Welcome aboard! We just picked ours up a week ago and have had zero issues...yet!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #9

We have a 2016 Eagle 355MBQS with Rainier tires. What problems did you encounter?
hunter1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #10

I've had 2 sizable issues, neither one directly attributable to Jayco. The electric rear stabilizer motor gathered enough moisture inside to rust out the brush springs. Second issue was on one of the brakes. The clips to secure the electrical wires were never connected inside the drum area. The wires rubbed on the drum causing a short. My P3 identified the condition and disabled the brakes. Thankfully this happened during a pre-trip check and the only issue was losing my deposit for the campground which I had to cancel.

There were a couple of other items which I would consider minor enough. A slide switch failed, moulding came loose, improperly secured shelf, all items which were easily repairable without a trip to the dealer.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #11

I am on my first fw after two other RVs. Could you buy better, probably and spend more, definitely.

So why buy or why did I buy? The answer to both is "user interface" or how you react to the layout and design. It shines in both. It is feature rich and will have you thinking the folks at Jayco "Get It"...and they clearly do.

It's well built has touches and features of far more costly units. Perfect, no and there aren't any like that. I would buy again without hesitation.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1393 View Post
We have a 2016 Eagle 355MBQS with Rainier tires. What problems did you encounter?

Well I can tell you the problem I had. I picked up my brand new 323LKTS a week ago and 20 miles in to the trip home one of the Rainier tires blew out. Didn't even realize it happened until someone drove up alongside me and told me.
Upside is I had a new tire and rim drop shipped to my house 3 days later.

I'm going to ride these this season in hopes I just had a defective tire or I did in fact run over something. But if it happens again I'm changing out these tires pronto. I do like the look of the rims though.
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #13

A blowout 20 miles into its maiden voyage home...
I'm sorry, but that says it all concerning Ranier tires.
Maybe it's just me but I don't know how you could trust them the rest of this season.
In any event, I wish you luck!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1393 View Post
See post #12 and #13 in this thread...
Not much else to add to that.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksell View Post
Good day,

I have owned 4 fith wheels so far but never a Jayco. Would like feedback from other owners on quality or any potentiel problems. I am looking at a Eagle 360QBOK. Thanks!
Here's my take. My previous fiver was one of the "best selling" 5th wheels made and I never had problems with it but on their owner's forum there were horrendous problems reported like broken frames and busted holding tanks. I bought my Jayco '12 model in '13 and have had minimal problems and am more than satisfied. The two year warranty is great because, for most of us, it takes that long to find out if there are any problems at all. One year just isn't a long enough warranty period for any RV unless you are going to full-time.
Having said all of that, I would be concerned about buying ANY RV at this time because the industry is cranking them out at a record pace and at those record levels, there are usually problems.
I get a blog from one unfortunately couple who retired and went full-time. After about 9 months of being on the road, they spent the next 9 months in a motel in northern Indiana waiting on their 5er to be fixed, only to find out that it couldn't be repaired so waited for a brand new one to be built (BTW, not a Jayco). Nice folks. Makes the problems on this Jayco site seem somewhat small.
Go for it cuz you only live once and life should be an experience eh?

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widows Son View Post
A blowout 20 miles into its maiden voyage home...
I'm sorry, but that says it all concerning Ranier tires.
Maybe it's just me but I don't know how you could trust them the rest of this season.
In any event, I wish you luck!

I agree but I've just shelled out quite a bit on the unit. Keep in mind someone had to haul it to the dealership as well from the Jayco factory. That's a hell of a trip. Who knows. Maybe the tire was damaged previously, maybe I ran over something or maybe it was just a bad tire. There are thousands of people riding on these tires. I don't tow far or often so I'll keep them for the season and replace them when I get some spare change. These tires don't come cheap. Besides I've got a 5 year road hazard warranty. If they blow they pay for a new one not me.
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote