Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #1

First trip out with 36REQS Pinnacle

Well I rolled our new unit into the local campsite and did my fist rig up and de winterized. All went well with the 6 point leveling, did exactly what it was supposed to do first time up to bat, the site was level, so only had a 0.1 deg slope to start with. So please that went well, going to rig down tomorrow, so hope the memory for pin height with come into play. All the de winterizing went well, next year I will cut a jug to catch excess water when installing filter, had to panic with rags for a bit. Will also add Velcro to both access doors. All appliances seem to be working well on 30 amp shore power. Both Ac units are functioning well, something I didn't run on my PDI. The entertainment unit is a bit to get used to, but able to run DVD. Tried getting satilite work, need a little care. Wish they gave us the Jenson TV manual in hard copy, oh well lots of buttons to push. The light are a bit to get used to, can't seem to find the Yellow light under the steps for some reason.

Also wondering about the 1000W inverter for the large fridge, when hooked up to shore power, can I leave it off, the fridge seems to work without it. I'm thinking the only time I will need to rely on inverter is boondocking and travelling down the road.

I found that the table is bolted to the floor to close to the window, can't pull brings down to the bottom of window. Unless I'm missing something.

So I'm also wondering about charging my two six volts batteries while hooked to shore power in a site. Leaving the disconnect on, will that allow the battery's to load up. Thanks in advance. Time for a first sleep in the unit....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:49 AM   #2

On our Pinnacle the stair light comes on with the porch light. You may need to check the bulb. Should not be a problem leaving the batteries hooked up. The unit has a smart charger. However, my converter failed early in life and overcharged the batteries. Dealer replaced the converter and batteries under warranty. Glad everything else went well. Happy camping.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 AM   #3
Site Team

Is your rig wired for 30a or 50a. Never seen a 30a rig with 2 ac's.

When we camp at a 30a site, we can only run one ac at a time. Never both?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #4

Just fyi...that rig is gorgeous!!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #5

Thanks, I should have explain the AC's better, I ran each one separate, not at same time. The rig is 50a but the park didn't have any spots available. So I figured out the step light, it run with main awning and step switch from the control panel. There is a porch light on the remote, but nothing happens, must need to be programmed.
So just wondering if any other Pinnacle found the table too close to the window for the blind to pass. Or is there a trick I'm missing.
Has anyone purchased the Winnegaurd carry out satellite dish, if so it comes with a 12v power connection for self finding, the Rig has a spot for the 12v connection below the steareo but really nowhere to fish that end inside, so I will pick up a AC adapter and plug it in to the outside wall outlet.
Thanks in advance.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

Our table is very close but the shade passes. The 2013 had the older pleated day/night shades so it is not quite the same. Our the table is too close to the island and rubs on the wood. Have put a strip of brown felt padding to remedy that. We use a tailgater since we has dish network at home. It is self powered from the receiver through the coax.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #7

Thanks Craig, I'm thinking I might have to move the table myself, we only ever use two chair at the table, seems to be just a little tight for 4 people and not used enough. This portable dish has a separate power cable.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
So just wondering if any other Pinnacle found the table too close to the window for the blind to pass. Or is there a trick I'm missing.
Thanks in advance.
Ours is tight but clears the table w/o touching anything.

Problem for me is I can only reach far enough across the table to move the day/night shade just below the table top and not all the way down to the floor to cover the entire window...but we love the big window.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #9

68 Camaro - The inverter for the fridge is only for use when not on shore power, when on shore power (inverter off) that is what your fridge runs on.
The inverter converts 12VDC to 120VAC to run the fridge, the idea is to be able to run your fridge while in tow. When you connect your TV it should be charging your TT batteries while the TV is running, which also supplies a good 12VDC power source to the inverter. Glad to hear your TT is doing good for you.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 AM   #10

Ours is supposed to be here on my birthday. Hurry up June 4th.
Yours looks great. How much room is there between the table and chairs to the edge of the couch? It looks tight for a larger type of person like myself.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #11

There is lots of room between couch and the other wall, the table top slides side to side, a foot each way. So lots of room for big projects, it also has a leaf to extend out towards the sink, if having company for a meal. I still like the elbow room with only one chair on each side personally.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 04-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #12

Glad you are enjoying the new rig. The 6 point should put you right back at "hitch height" when you go to leave as long as you follow the directions. Don't ask me how i know that.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #13

Grumpy, the 6 point system did perfectly on the rig out. I followed the direction and the trailer returned to the drop off height, and was able to hook right up. The electric jacks take away the labour intensity that a fellow had did for years on other systems. I found the trailer to be very stable and hardly any shimmy while moving about inside compared to our last 30' foot 5'r. I found the rig up and down time to be very enjoyable. With remote in hand, I had my wife watch the slides inside while I kept an eye outside for the first run. Love this unit....

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 04-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #14

I think I need to explain better. I am a LARGER sized guy and am curious if I will fit comfortably at the table. In my 351 RLTS I have to sit on the "Couch" side of the table so I have enough room. By the looks of the pictures of the 36REQS there is less room on that side.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #15

Mike, it seems to be a standard size area. Just the same size as my last unit, but if both people sit on one side, the table will slide towards the other side a full 12" more if desired. My last unit was fixed except fore a leaf extension. So I'm sure this will work for you.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

Very nice unit!!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #17

Thanks for the input. We're excited to get the new unit. Glad it's working out for you.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS