Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
X2 what Sailor stated. My 2012 F-150 did the same thing. I lubed up both the truck's 7pin and the trailer connecter's side with WD40, attached and reattached a few times and no more fault issues, or flickering lights on the trailer.

2015 F-250SD XLT, 4x4, supercrew 6.75' bed
2012 Dutchmen Coleman M240RB 27' TT
citgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
We have a 2015 Ford Explorer. On our way from Texas to Yellowstone, the trailer locked up its breaks when we were trying to leave a campground in Kansas. We unplugged and plugged back in the trailer wire, which caused the brakes to unlock but the Ford would not recognized the trailer. We took it to a commercial vehicle place which cleaned the plug. The Ford then recognized the trailer but a "Trailer Brake Module Failure" warning appeared and remained.
The module was replaced, although the part had to be ordered. Luckily, for us, the dealership in Kansas was great. They requested that another dealership overnight the module to them, and we were back on the road the next day. Otherwise, it could have taken 2 weeks to order the part.

TXCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #13
This may not apply, but one thing I noticed on our camper when we got it was that the brake wires at the trailer axles were in contact with the springs. I would expect if that is common, it could be pretty likely that the spring could wear through the insulation and cause issues.

May not be the cause, but may be worth checking.

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote