Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #121

That is what I have and what AZ has. His not only bent it tore. It might have the bend to help stiffen but it is way to thin. I bet if u look inside with ur slide open the side trims are touching the wall from the top down to about two feet from the floor. Than u will find a gap. The walls of the Rv are actually just slightly bowing out trying to support the slide weight so that is why the trim is flush until you get about two feet above the floor. I have six rollers and they should of put an outrigger under each one
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #122

Got a good opportunity to crawl around under my unit today to take a better look at all of this. I have three "outriggers" on my 377RLBH, and all three have the 1" bottom return, which seems to be an indication of greater strength (based on everyone else's reports. I did see the staples holding the sheet metal protection to the underside of the wheel well, and I can see how moisture could be entering there. I will seal them with some silicone.

I wasn't able to tell how many rollers I have. How do you see that?

Is there any indication when Jayco stopped using the flat outriggers, and switched to the outriggers with the bottom return? The mfgr date on my weight sticker says 11/15. I know that it got to the dealer the first or second week of November.....

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #123

I looked at all of mine on my 338 rets and they are same but none are bent on any of my slides so that's a good thing .... my kitchen slide I am sure is the heaviest of the three and they are all still straight
Old 06-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #124

Fire Instructor, pull down the rubber flap seal that is touching the bottom of the slide and you can see the rollers behind it.

I think your build date is around the time they switched. Mine was July 15. Another two came to my dealer about a month after mine and they are the same. Then they got 6 more much later and they are like yours.
I even saw a 377 with a mix of old and new, whereas the 377 beside it has all new style.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #125

Also with the slide full open u can see an indentation in the tyvec black covering. Follow those to the seal pull down an there r the rollers. My two aft outrigger bottom bend are at 90 degrees. My forward outrigger the bottom stiffener bend is about 70 degrees. Being a metal smith the weight is flexing that thin outrigger and after tine it will bend. Every roller should have a thicker outrigger under it. On my trip I will be at my camp for seven weeks. When I level all my jacks will be on wood and cement pads. So after I level I will be putting a 2x4 under the kitchen slide with two screw supports under. Everyone says do not do that if u get a flat u will push up on the slide. With all six jacks down which are electric and cannot bleed down u can let the air out of the tires and the FW stays put. Until my outriggers are built up I will be using supports
Rock
Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #126

So what is the solution to "beef then up"?

Simply weld a thicker plate to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:50 AM   #127

It is a simple fix. Just make a flat piece the length of the outrigger about six inches wide and weld the bottom web to it. Than weld that Assy to the frame. Make four all plate steel. Does not need to be bolted to floor like the ones now. Jayco needs to do a recall fix. If I was out of warranty I would go to a weld shop and those guys would cut it and weld it and fix it. Our problem under warranty is if anything happens to frame or slide they will say u modified have a good day. When I get back from my summer trip even if mine are not bent I will be calling Jayco to request that they beef up my brackets before they bend.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
It is a simple fix. Just make a flat piece the length of the outrigger about six inches wide and weld the bottom web to it. Than weld that Assy to the frame. Make four all plate steel.

I'm having a problem picturing that in my head... but I'm sure my local weld shop can/will make sense of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #129

Just look at the outrigger u have. Tell them to make the same out of plate steel but make the top wider say six inches. Than just place it up against the floor and weld it to the frame. Have them put a support under it so it will be pushing on the floor just tightly. So when u extend the slide the floor does not bend down. A good weld shop will fix u right
Rock
Old 06-15-2016, 08:40 AM   #130

Taking our 36FBTS to a local weld shop Friday for an estimate to repair and add supports under the kitchen slide- with Jayco's ok. It took a bit, but I kept after them and with the help of another forum members info I got Jayco to ok this. Now I just have to hope they ok the estimate in a timely manner.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #131

Mine got dropped an my independent shop today. They said first of next week if Jayco lets them make new brackets. Likely longer if Jayco wants to ship them something to install.

They are also going to check the Revolution hitch as it is very loose. In an email Reese told me it should be pretty tight. As in, if I can move it by hand, it should be hard to move. I can move mine with 1 finger, and the gap at the back when hitched is "large".
Old 06-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #132

My dealer called me today and Jayco said I have to bring my unit in to the dealer before they decide what to do. I guess my pics weren't enough to convince them there's a problem. Jayco told my dealer that this happens because of overloading the slide. Maybe you are only supposed to put a 6 pack of beer in the 12 cu/ft fridge and no more than 2 boxes of Cheerios in the pantry? We noticed a floor dip since day 1 in the area right above the outrigger.

I can see this being a bring it in, wait longer for Jayco's response, wait longer for parts, ...
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
My dealer called me today and Jayco said I have to bring my unit in to the dealer before they decide what to do. I guess my pics weren't enough to convince them there's a problem. Jayco told my dealer that this happens because of overloading the slide. Maybe you are only supposed to put a 6 pack of beer in the 12 cu/ft fridge and no more than 2 boxes of Cheerios in the pantry? We noticed a floor dip since day 1 in the area right above the outrigger.

I can see this being a bring it in, wait longer for Jayco's response, wait longer for parts, ...
Wow.. I can't believe someone actually said that to you.
Tell them my dealer has 3 brand new NorthPoints on his lot with bent supports.
Maybe it's because the Jayco head honchos stand in the kitchen with too much money in their pockets before they ship units.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #134

Quote:

Well, mine bent with 1 night of camping. Most the slide has had in it were 3 bottles of water and a few snacks on the trip home from the dealer. It is just a poor design.

We plan to keep our 355MBQS for many years. Hope they didn't cut other corners I haven't found yet.
rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #135

Hello All,
With the help of Jayco customer service and Hilltop Trailer Sales of Minneapolis MN (Chris and James), we are the happy recipients of new and Improved outriggers thanks to Chris!

In my opinion, Chris has to be the premier Jayco mechanic and knows his business inside and out. Jayco was gracious enough to coordinate our repairs through James at Hilltop and at this point we could not be any more pleased.

The pictures below are Chris's designed outriggers (before painting of course). As you can see in the pictures, Chris re-squared the floor (see old cracked (flimsy) outrigger opened up). With slide out, the floor is now SOLID with no slope!!

Despite still needing our slide mechanism replaced, Chris was able to make necessary adjustment to make it work until we can get home and have our home dealer receive the parts and make necessary replacements.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with professionals like Chris and James at Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis MN! And thank you JAYCO for the coordination, Collaboration and professionalism in helping resolve this issue, which we hope is now behind us.

We feel very fortunate and wish everyone equal fortune in finding a solution!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Wow.. I can't believe someone actually said that to you.
Tell them my dealer has 3 brand new NorthPoints on his lot with bent supports.
Maybe it's because the Jayco head honchos stand in the kitchen with too much money in their pockets before they ship units.
My dealer has been great fixing things with my trailer since I picked it up but seems like Jayco is moving slow with this issue. Jayco's first response was there are no TSB or recalls with the outriggers. I sent my dealer pics of the bent outrigger and sloping floor and Jayco said they need more information and this is generally caused by overloading the slide. So back to the dealer to get more information to Jayco so they can finally admit it's a design flaw.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #137

Quote:
My dealer has been great fixing things with my trailer since I picked it up but seems like Jayco is moving slow with this issue. Jayco's first response was there are no TSB or recalls with the outriggers. I sent my dealer pics of the bent outrigger and sloping floor and Jayco said they need more information and this is generally caused by overloading the slide. So back to the dealer to get more information to Jayco so they can finally admit it's a design flaw.
There won't ever be a TSB or recall until a Northpoint owner reports the issue to NTSB. Jayco and the dealers are not going to self report. Interesting that it seems to be only Northpoint and Pinnicale owners with this issue. We have a Sesimic and it is still in the shop with outrigger issues plus a Swinctech issue.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Interesting that it seems to be only Northpoint and Pinnicale owners with this issue.
Mine is an Eagle 355MBQS and it is in right now for this. I know of another 355MBQS and one other Eagle with the bent outriggers.

I think it is happening on all the 5th wheels. Different floor-plans may have a higher incidence of the issue.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #139
Site Team

My rig is a 2011 Eagle and I don't see any evidence of this. I wonder what is the oldest rig on here with this complaint?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #140

2016 Eagle for mine and a Schwintek slide.