Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Hello All,

With the help of Jayco customer service and Hilltop Trailer Sales of Minneapolis MN (Chris and James), we are the happy recipients of new and Improved outriggers thanks to Chris!

In my opinion, Chris has to be the premier Jayco mechanic and knows his business inside and out. Jayco was gracious enough to coordinate our repairs through James at Hilltop and at this point we could not be any more pleased.

The pictures below are Chris's designed outriggers (before painting of course). As you can see in the pictures, Chris re-squared the floor (see old cracked (flimsy) outrigger opened up). With slide out, the floor is now SOLID with no slope!!

Despite still needing our slide mechanism replaced, Chris was able to make necessary adjustment to make it work until we can get home and have our home dealer receive the parts and make necessary replacements.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with professionals like Chris and James at Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis MN! And thank you JAYCO for the coordination, Collaboration and professionalism in helping resolve this issue, which we hope is now behind us.

We feel very fortunate and wish everyone equal fortune in finding a solution!

You're very fortunate to have a great dealer service manager. Looks like that repair will hold up way better than the flimsy stock outriggers. Probably should have come from the factory with beefier supports like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Mine is an Eagle 355MBQS and it is in right now for this. I know of another 355MBQS and one other Eagle with the bent outriggers.

I think it is happening on all the 5th wheels. Different floor-plans may have a higher incidence of the issue.
This is disappointing. I will be looking mine over carefully prior to taking delivery.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #143

We got permission from Jayco ( after a number of emails and phone calls from myself and our dealer) to take ours to a local weld shop for an estimate and repair. Took it over this AM with pictures of AZ_FBTS repairs and was told- "no problem, we'll do it the same way" .Just waiting for their estimate to send to Jayco. I plan on having the work done- no matter how long it takes Jayco to "approve". I'll fight for my money for as long as it takes! AZ's repairs were done at a Jayco Factory Approved facility so I figure if my shop does repair the same way then there shouldn't be any problem getting approval.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #144

Just found the same issue on our 2016 Eagle 321RSTS after return trip from Mesa. The schwintek kitchen slide mechanism started to bind during extention and retracting. The inside slide trim starting contacting the floor when retracted. Our dealer found the floor sloped and center support bent as the cause. They submitted warranty claim to Jayco to get date for repair at plant. Jayco initial response is 5 month wait to November. We are know working with Gm and dealer owner to get this reduced. Will post when we have a resolution. I agree with other posts that this is a design and material issue for the weight of the slide room. Thanks for your post.
Rsoccfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:22 AM   #145

We are now scheduled to get our repair done this Wednesday the 22nd. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive o.k. from Jayco!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Hello All,
With the help of Jayco customer service and Hilltop Trailer Sales of Minneapolis MN (Chris and James), we are the happy recipients of new and Improved outriggers thanks to Chris!

In my opinion, Chris has to be the premier Jayco mechanic and knows his business inside and out. Jayco was gracious enough to coordinate our repairs through James at Hilltop and at this point we could not be any more pleased.

The pictures below are Chris's designed outriggers (before painting of course). As you can see in the pictures, Chris re-squared the floor (see old cracked (flimsy) outrigger opened up). With slide out, the floor is now SOLID with no slope!!

Despite still needing our slide mechanism replaced, Chris was able to make necessary adjustment to make it work until we can get home and have our home dealer receive the parts and make necessary replacements.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with professionals like Chris and James at Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis MN! And thank you JAYCO for the coordination, Collaboration and professionalism in helping resolve this issue, which we hope is now behind us.

We feel very fortunate and wish everyone equal fortune in finding a solution!

Glad to hear Hilltop did a good job for you. They are my local dealer, and have always done an outstanding job for us, and bent over backwards to fit our needs and schedule.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoccfan01 View Post
Just found the same issue on our 2016 Eagle 321RSTS after return trip from Mesa. The schwintek kitchen slide mechanism started to bind during extention and retracting. The inside slide trim starting contacting the floor when retracted. Our dealer found the floor sloped and center support bent as the cause. They submitted warranty claim to Jayco to get date for repair at plant. Jayco initial response is 5 month wait to November. We are know working with Gm and dealer owner to get this reduced. Will post when we have a resolution. I agree with other posts that this is a design and material issue for the weight of the slide room. Thanks for your post.
You could end up like us............going on 2 months now?
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1466271466
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205449810_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #148

Well I'm finally there.. I have 2 bent supports, 1 starting to bow, and the slide on the fridge side has jammed the last two times I have closed it.
Way to go Jayco!
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:17 AM   #149

Mine is at the shop now. Jayco has told the shop that there is a 2 week wait for new redesigned braces. Apparently they are putting them on all the 2017s. My shop is going to ask to make their own brackets if the Jayco ones do not arrive by mid July as I have a 10 day trip at the end of the month. Guess we will see what happens.....
Old 06-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #150

I had a quick look at the supports on the DS of mine and they were fine, haven't looked at the ODS ones but the trailer is 2hrs north of here for a few weeks so I'll check when I bring it back. If needed I'll use this info to weld new supports into mine too as it's not under warranty.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Mine is at the shop now. Jayco has told the shop that there is a 2 week wait for new redesigned braces. Apparently they are putting them on all the 2017s. My shop is going to ask to make their own brackets if the Jayco ones do not arrive by mid July as I have a 10 day trip at the end of the month. Guess we will see what happens.....
I had to limp my slide in an inch or so at a time about 40 button presses last Sunday.
And I'm am on a 10 day trip as well this coming Sunday.
Should be pleasant

Nothing my dealer can do right now. He said call Jayco roadside assistance if I'm stuck.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #152

I dropped mine off at the dealer this week and their warranty guy contacted Jayco who told him to contact Lippert. Lippert is shipping out an outrigger repair kit and my dealer told they needed 2 day shipping and should have it tomorrow. My dealer has never done one of these so they don't know what all the kit contains and how to install it. He said looking at the pictures it looks like it doubles them up.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #153

Rock,

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36KPTS with the large fridge and I think the slide on mine is longer than yours. I've had mine for 4 months and used it a few times. Just got back from 9 days in Disney and upon reading this thread just had to crawl under and take a look. I have 5 of the outriggers with the bottom curled 90 deg. and 9 rollers. I haven't seen a problem yet but now this sure has me looking. Anybody with this unit have any issues? I put slides out first then auto level. My dealer, whom I totally trust, says that is the only way to prevent problems. Since the Schwintek slides came out he has only had this issue 3 times and it was due to auto leveling on very un-level ground then putting slides out causing beams to over twist. He's been a Jayco dealer for over 30 years and actually does the service work himself along with his Son-in-Law and he really knows his stuff. I'm going to look into this with him Tuesday. Prevention is the best precaution.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #154

Dave, just curious which dealer you're referring to. Down that way by chance?
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #155

BigJohn,

I use Steve's RV in Lacombe La. Have bought 3 Jayco's from him and he's honest, fair priced and fast on fixing any issues. I recommend him highly.

Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #156

And that's where I got mine. I love those guys at Steve's. Probably the best dealer I've done business with, and I'm almost impossible to impress.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #157

Dave I think you're right about putting the slides out first and the pressure the leveling puts on the frame.
I can see no other reason for Jayco switching to 12" frames for north point and pinnacle in 2017.
They don't just abandon "proven" engineering and step it up if they weren't wrong to begin with.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #158

Dave & Cheryl
I have been set up at my camp for a month now and so far all is well. Your slide must be longer to have five supports. I will measure mine when I get back to camp. When the slides are out all the weight is right above the frame rail and outrigger. It makes no sense that putting slides out first than leveling would cause the bending of the outriggers To me that would make them bend when the frame flexes during leveling. I sure wish Jayco would give a correct answer from there engineers to level or not. I would thing that your frame would flex on highway bumps and angle turns on inclined on driveway inclines
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #159

Picked my camper up today and they leveled the floor and installed a beefier outrigger which is thicker steel and also doubled up. Lippert told my dealer this will fix the problem without needing any additional installed- we will see. My dealer said to keep an eye on it and any signs of trouble let them know.

estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #160

How did they get to the floor to install the two bolts without removing the slide?
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote