Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #1

Fresh/City water panel question on a new 361 REQS 5th wheel

First, I’m the proud new owner of a 2013 361 REQS fifth wheel and I absolutely love it. This is my 3rd RV purchase and my 1st Jayco. My question is about the City/Fresh water panel. Jayco has one fill point for both he city and the fresh water with a series of valves that are turned (like a code) for the use intended. Marked below the fill point is City Fixtures, City Fill and Country Fill. I have figured out that turning the valves to “city fixtures” will operate as a normal city hookup. Turning the valves to “country fill” I believe will fill the fresh water tank. That leaves me with the “city fill,” can anyone explain what this will do? I have looked at all the manuals and found nothing to explain its intended use. Thanks
Gilstandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Site Team

City fill is the setting for putting water in the tank when you are attached to city water.

Normal is for when you are boondocking w/o city water and using the water in your fresh tank and the on board pump.

Country fill is when you are pulling water into the water tank from a external supply using the on board pump.

Thats how it is on mine and I believe they are the same.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #3

Contact Jayco and they will send you a 2010 or 2011 manual that explains it very well. I have the same unit as you and was not real clear on this. The guy I talked to said the older manual was alot better and he was right. Hope this helps. It will show all the number settings for what they do.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #4

The trick for communicating with JAYCO (both email and/or phone) is to always have your trailer VIN NUMBER handy. We have found JAYCO to be the best support company out there...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
City fill is the setting for putting water in the tank when you are attached to city water.

Normal is for when you are boondocking w/o city water and using the water in your fresh tank and the on board pump.

Country fill is when you are pulling water into the water tank from a external supply using the on board pump.

Thats how it is on mine and I believe they are the same.
X2

Also City Fixtures is for when you are connected to a CG water supply.

This is how ours works too, and this is exactly how the dealer explained the valve operation.

Just look at the two numbers beside the different operations and turn both valve handles to match the numbers.

There is a diagram showing number 1, 2 & 3 position for the top valve and number 4, 5 & 6 position for the bottom valve.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #6

If I'm not mistaken the Country Fill setting would require use of your onboard pump to suck water in from an non pressurized external source. This is also how you get bleach into your fresh water tank when you are sanitizing it. You select the Country Fill settings, put the short length of hose that comes with your unit, or at least mine did, into a bucket with bleach solution, and then turn on the pump. It works nicely and rather quickly.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
If I'm not mistaken the Country Fill setting would require use of your onboard pump to suck water in from an non pressurized external source. This is also how you get bleach into your fresh water tank when you are sanitizing it.
That's what I use my country fill for. On a separate, but related note... My 1, 2, & 3, knobs were threaded on wrong with the arrows pointing different directions. To clarify, even though 1 and 3 were horizontal, one arrow pointed right, and the other pointed left. The easiest way to remember which position to follow for the diagram is whether the knobs were vertical or horizontal, no matter which way the arrow points. On the sewer system, this is different because there are three positions. Hope this makes sense.

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab, 6.7l Cummins Diesel, LB, DRW

May God bless America!
kroakjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
If I'm not mistaken the Country Fill setting would require use of your onboard pump to suck water in from an non pressurized external source. This is also how you get bleach into your fresh water tank when you are sanitizing it. You select the Country Fill settings, put the short length of hose that comes with your unit, or at least mine did, into a bucket with bleach solution, and then turn on the pump. It works nicely and rather quickly.
Exactly how I do it. In addition, that same hose can be screwed into the water heater to divert the draining water to the ground. Be sure to open an inside faucet.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #9

I have a different problem with this. Own a Jayco RV 26xs. The country fill works at home in so.Cal( approx 600ft elev) but when am in the mountains at 7000 feet the pump is not strong enough to suck water out of a bucket to fill the tank. I am dry camping so this is defenitely an issue for me. There is a spring valve just below the screen on the part you screw the hose to and it won't open. Any ideas? Do I need a stronger pump?
Car-los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-los View Post
I have a different problem with this. Own a Jayco RV 26xs. The country fill works at home in so.Cal( approx 600ft elev) but when am in the mountains at 7000 feet the pump is not strong enough to suck water out of a bucket to fill the tank. I am dry camping so :this is defenitely an issue for me. There is a spring valve just below the screen on the part you screw the hose to and it won't open. Any ideas? Do I need a stronger pump?
Car-los,

This doesn't solve your problem, but an alternative way to get water into your fresh water tank at elevation is Home Depot sells a Flotec Drill Pump for $7.33 on-line that attaches to a drill motor and water hoses.

You can use this to pump water into your fresh water tank from a bucket by putting the Utility Center on City Tank Fill (i.e., 1 & 6). You would need a couple of water hoses so you can connect the drill motor pump between the water bucket and the trailer's water input.

Note, if you try this drill motor pump, you need to lubricate it with vegetable oil each time you use it or you'll burn it out.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
The trick for communicating with JAYCO (both email and/or phone) is to always have your trailer VIN NUMBER handy. We have found JAYCO to be the best support company out there...
That is true if your unit is out of warranty. If your unit is under warranty, Jayco will not provide you squat! I have tried getting the cable wiring setup from them on my 2014 33.5RETS and that is their response. I finally figured most of it all out with a lot of trouble shooting that a schematic would have eliminated.
That being said, I still like Jayco the best!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #12

We are not so happy with Jayco. Our nex redhawk 26xs had mold under the floor and turns out the floor had been replaced before and a very poor job of it. Had to pull that floor when it std curling at edges then noted the mold. Turns out there was a leak in one of the lines that had probably been there all along. The TV wires were not spliced in one of the runs, the door gasket outside fell off, the drawers wouldn't stay closed, etc.We had it in the shop for 4months because Jayco dragged their fee approving the work and wanted to micromanage every step. After it was done went dry camping and again another water leak, country fill did not work, could not put LP in the tank(wouldn't take it). We would not buy another Jayco for sure. Also, I am a hobbiest wood worker and not impressed with the wood work in the house-cheap mold, drawers stick, etc. Wah,wah,wah...
Car-los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #13

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS Fifth Wheel RV Orientation - Thompson Family RV

Check out link above,I also have a 361REQS and the video was a good watch.It is for the Pinnacle but the valve panel is the same.
mainesmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesmoke View Post
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS Fifth Wheel RV Orientation - Thompson Family RV

Check out link above,I also have a 361REQS and the video was a good watch.It is for the Pinnacle but the valve panel is the same.
That is a nice video. At about 25 min he's discussing hooking up 2 batteries and I'm not sure I agree with his explanation. What it sounds like he is recommending is a connection for 2 6v batts but he doesn't say anything about 6v or 12v.
For those of you that watch this video I'd be interested in your take.

He also recommends lubing the slide-out rails which I recall my owner's saying not to do.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote