Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #1

Fresh water fill

owner of 2011 jayco eagle 37RLQS is there some modification I can make to fill the fresh water tank faster than using the factory inlet. maybe changing the factory drain valve to a hose bib as the drain hose is 1/2 inch and closer to the fresh water tank. It now takes around a half hour to fill the tank with people waiting in line it is kind of tiring. Thanks
hammerz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #2

You didn't say why it took so long to fill your tank. I have a 31.5 RLTS and it will take any amount of water that you can give it thru a hose. 10 gallon a minute at least. Is your problem that it is air locked?? Meaning that the water belches back at you when you have a high volume of water entering your fill spout. If this is the case, you need to be looking for kinks or obstructions in your vent tube or even possibly your fill pipe. I can put 80 gallon of water in ours in less then 10 minutes.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #3

Not saying we had the same problem as you do but I would pull off the tiny vent screen (if your model has one like mine) that is located at the side of the fresh water gravity fill and check for obstruction. Ours was filled with silicon glue.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela1948 View Post
You didn't say why it took so long to fill your tank. I have a 31.5 RLTS and it will take any amount of water that you can give it thru a hose. 10 gallon a minute at least. Is your problem that it is air locked?? Meaning that the water belches back at you when you have a high volume of water entering your fill spout. If this is the case, you need to be looking for kinks or obstructions in your vent tube or even possibly your fill pipe. I can put 80 gallon of water in ours in less then 10 minutes.
Thanks for the quick replies. But my fifth wheel does not have the gravity fill. The fresh water fill goes thru I guess you could call it the utility panel, which has the inlet for the garden hose and then thru a series of valves that do everything that needs done. I've taken the back panel off and all the valves with what looks like 3/8 tubing which is why it probably takes so long.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply. My fifth wheel does not have a gravity fill. The garden hose connects to I guess you could call it a utility panel from which a series of valves direct it to where it needs to go. I've taken the back panel off to inspect what is back there, all the valves appear to be connected with 3/8 tubing which must constrict the flow causing the slowdown.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerz3 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. My fifth wheel does not have a gravity fill. The garden hose connects to I guess you could call it a utility panel from which a series of valves direct it to where it needs to go. I've taken the back panel off to inspect what is back there, all the valves appear to be connected with 3/8 tubing which must constrict the flow causing the slowdown.
I finally took the plunge and removed the fresh water drain valve, installed 90 degree elbow and about 9 ft. potable water hose so it reaches other side of trailer, fabricated a bracket and installed a hose bib. I now use this valve to directly fill water tank, it has cut the fill time from about 40 minutes to about 17 minutes
Old 03-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #7

Where is the gravity fill connectionon the 31.5 RTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela1948 View Post
I have a 2014 Jayco Eagle 31.5 RTLS. I can't for the life of me find the gravity fill connection.

Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
vivusCraig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water