Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to canula2
Fresh Water Tank

We have a 2012 351skts Fifth wheel. With our previous fifths we have been able to spout fill the fresh water tank. Never had to do it but carried a extra 7 gallon tank of water that we could just pour straight in if we needed to (gave us peace if mind). With this fifth there is a screen that keeps you from being able to stick a spout into the fresh water tank to pour extra in if we run low on an electric only site. Anyone know if I am missing something or if something can be done to change that.
2012 Silverado 3500

"Every day that I wake up is a good day"
canula2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

Could you cut a garden hose down to like 3 foot. Put a male hose on one end and use country fill? I think country fill uses pump and sucks it oit of container. Sure somebody else can tell me if im right!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #3

rickjp you are correct thats how its done
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #4

I have a water bandit; I just push it onto the spout hooks up to my 4 gallon portable water container. With that you could easily add a section of hose to fill the tank.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Use the "country fill" valve settings and put a short section of hose from the water source( 7 gallon tank) to the rig water hose input and run the pump until the water is pulled into the tank.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #6

Is it true that the "county fill" valve setting could also be used if you simply want to "gravity fill" your tank using a garden hose or similar pressurized water source? in other words no need to use the pump in that case?
IShootSharpStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #7

Believe you use normal fill that way. I do
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootSharpStix View Post
Is it true that the "county fill" valve setting could also be used if you simply want to "gravity fill" your tank using a garden hose or similar pressurized water source? in other words no need to use the pump in that case?
I have tried to gravity fill using the city fill and country fill settings and haven't had much success either way. City fill should work but due to small hose diameter and lack of pressure it takes forever. Your best bet is to use country fill and the pump. Rig a hose to your jug. I boondock quite a bit and use a 45 gallon water bladder. I use an auxiliary pump and city fill to save wear on the house pump.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
Site Team

It depends on how your rig is piped. Mine has a "city fill" option which is used to add water to the tank when I have a pressurized water supply.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #10

I looked at my 2013 Pinnacle owners manual this morning and discovered that there is zero mention about the Utility Center or any of its contents. I contacted Jayco customer service and they sent me a PDF copy of a 2011 Eagle Fifth Wheel owners manual, which does contain an excellent description and is the same setup that is used in 2013 Pinnacle units. According to that guide, the equivalent of 'gravity fill' is accomplished with the valves set to "city fill tank". Whether you are using a pressurized source to fill the water tank, or want to top off the tank using a portable water source "city fill tank" seems to be the right setting. I believe topping of the tank would involve a hose connection from the portable source to city water connection inlet and then let gravity do its thing or make use of the same setup with the valves set to "Country fill' and let the pump do the work.
If I had anything to complain about with the Pinnacle so far, it would be the owners manual. In my opinion they went a few steps too far in providing a very generic manual.
IShootSharpStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #11

I bought an electric water pump and set the valves to "city fill" and pump it into the tank, this saves the onboard pumps.
rbarker46 is offline   Reply With Quote