Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #181

Mine is also a 2013 and was covered by Jayco. Didn't see where you are the original owner or not, but they have not covered any that were not.
To the other posted question, by invoice to Jayco said $2100.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #182

I also had this problem. Became very tired of the weathered look and tried some Meguiar's paint care stuff that I use on my C7 Corvette to remove very minor clear coat marks and swirl marks.
My first step was to use an orbital polisher with a polishing foam pad and Meguiars - Mirror Glaze (fine cut liquid cleaner). This can be found at Walmart, or Auto Zone type places. Worked the entire front (in sections) with this fine cut liquid cleaner. Then I cleaned the pad and went over the entire front again with Meguiars - Mirror Glaze (#82 Swirl free polish). Last part is to hand wipe / rubb / polish the entire area with micro fiber towels.

Wow. The front end cap looks like new and I am very happy.

If you are lacking the ability to do this, I think a good paint shop could do this for you pretty cheaply.

Hope this helps, happy camping.
rsherman3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsherman3421 View Post
I also had this problem. Became very tired of the weathered look and tried some Meguiar's paint care stuff that I use on my C7 Corvette to remove very minor clear coat marks and swirl marks.
My first step was to use an orbital polisher with a polishing foam pad and Meguiars - Mirror Glaze (fine cut liquid cleaner). This can be found at Walmart, or Auto Zone type places. Worked the entire front (in sections) with this fine cut liquid cleaner. Then I cleaned the pad and went over the entire front again with Meguiars - Mirror Glaze (#82 Swirl free polish). Last part is to hand wipe / rubb / polish the entire area with micro fiber towels.

Wow. The front end cap looks like new and I am very happy.

If you are lacking the ability to do this, I think a good paint shop could do this for you pretty cheaply.

Hope this helps, happy camping.
How long ago did you do this? Most of the 3 step buffing/polishing processes only last 6-8 weeks before the fade returns.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #184

front panel fading.

A little more than a month ago. Still looks very good (like new). I will update again at end of season. Hoping for the best.
rsherman3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #185

I waxed and pwr buffed mine and it looked good for a while, now its back faded and getting worse. I also tried rattle can clear on it and that looked good for a few months but back to faded. The gelcoat is breaking down so nothing but a full paint coat will fix it. I bought mine used so didn't even bother trying Jayco and letting them deny me even though it was less than 2yrs old at the time. I also thought about a vinyl wrap but not sure how well that would work around the clearance light molded pockets.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote