Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
If we could have kept our house and also full timed we would have done so. Not financially viable in our situation. The house and expenses that go with it were limiting our ability to "enjoy" life. It came to the decision of stay where we were in a nice house that we were beholden to for the foreseeable future or get out and try something new. Will I miss my big garage and my shop? Oh yes I will, and many other things around here as well.

We were either going to stay here in our comfortable bubble and live out the rest of our days and wondering "what if" or we were going to jump and hope the water wasn't full of sharks. We may be crazy, and we may be making one of the craziest mistakes ever, but we won't know if we don't try it.

Working EMS I remember so many elderly patients I'd get to talk to and a very common theme was always given about regrets and life. A vast majority of nursing home and ER patients that gave me sage advice said "do it now, there may not be a tomorrow". Lots of "I wished we had traveled", or "Don't get comfortable because you'll be my age wondering where it went".

Sink or swim we are going for it. They make more houses, they make more things to buy again if I need them one day. What they don't make yet is more time, and that is something I'm tired of wasting. YMMV

YES![emoji322][emoji322].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
What is heat on demand? We just got the unlimited data plan from AT&T. How is this any different? Being full time like you we will be home schooling online and it will use a lot of data

Heat on demand water heater. Runs off propane and it is awesome! Whenever we have visitors we don't have to worry about running out, however it is very sensitive to people using the kitchen water stealing your hot water...

We homeschool also, my wife also video chats people a lot for work. We ALSO have the ATT unlimited plus plan lol. The problem with that is the 10GB tethering limit per device. If its not a device on the plan, the internet isn't unlimited. My daughters iPad is on the plan, but my sons isn't, when we are on the road he can tether to hers, but only up to 10Gb which isn't that much when you stream netflix on long drives like we do. By all means use what you've got first, when we first got it ATT didn't offer tethering to unlimited plans at all.

We are probably going to ditch ATT soon anyway... After seeing how good this T-mobile hotspot works in rural environments I'm probably going to move to them literally tomorrow. They just started a promo today to pull people from Verizon and ATT by letting us keep our phones and they pay them off. It hurts my wallet to pay $300/month for 3 unlimited devices!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansbass1 View Post
Heat on demand water heater. Runs off propane and it is awesome! Whenever we have visitors we don't have to worry about running out, however it is very sensitive to people using the kitchen water stealing your hot water...

We homeschool also, my wife also video chats people a lot for work. We ALSO have the ATT unlimited plus plan lol. The problem with that is the 10GB tethering limit per device. If its not a device on the plan, the internet isn't unlimited. My daughters iPad is on the plan, but my sons isn't, when we are on the road he can tether to hers, but only up to 10Gb which isn't that much when you stream netflix on long drives like we do. By all means use what you've got first, when we first got it ATT didn't offer tethering to unlimited plans at all.

We are probably going to ditch ATT soon anyway... After seeing how good this T-mobile hotspot works in rural environments I'm probably going to move to them literally tomorrow. They just started a promo today to pull people from Verizon and ATT by letting us keep our phones and they pay them off. It hurts my wallet to pay $300/month for 3 unlimited devices!

So t-mobile works in rural areas? I can't imagine. They have always been so spotty

Old 05-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #44

Check them out, blew my mind also. I live between dallas and Houston and was at ATT's will until now. T-mobile has always pushed the other carriers into uncomfortable spots. Hell, they're the reason all the other carriers brought back unlimited data lol

Old 05-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
If we could have kept our house and also full timed we would have done so. Not financially viable in our situation. The house and expenses that go with it were limiting our ability to "enjoy" life. It came to the decision of stay where we were in a nice house that we were beholden to for the foreseeable future or get out and try something new. Will I miss my big garage and my shop? Oh yes I will, and many other things around here as well.
We were either going to stay here in our comfortable bubble and live out the rest of our days and wondering "what if" or we were going to jump and hope the water wasn't full of sharks. We may be crazy, and we may be making one of the craziest mistakes ever, but we won't know if we don't try it.
Working EMS I remember so many elderly patients I'd get to talk to and a very common theme was always given about regrets and life. A vast majority of nursing home and ER patients that gave me sage advice said "do it now, there may not be a tomorrow". Lots of "I wished we had traveled", or "Don't get comfortable because you'll be my age wondering where it went".
Sink or swim we are going for it. They make more houses, they make more things to buy again if I need them one day. What they don't make yet is more time, and that is something I'm tired of wasting. YMMV
Amen, I am in the same frame of mind and trying to make the decision of do I let these things go and live a life full of memories and adventure or a life full of stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #46

Madjoker -trying to upload a few pics from our current setup but there seems to be an issue with the attach photo feature- it is just me and the misses - and we are not really pack rats - seems like we still have a bunch of unused space and we are still moving things around.
Also, to add to the wifi discussion - we use the Verizon mifi with unlimited data and have not had any issues.
I will attach pics as soon as I can
Summitstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitstev View Post
Madjoker -trying to upload a few pics from our current setup but there seems to be an issue with the attach photo feature- it is just me and the misses - and we are not really pack rats - seems like we still have a bunch of unused space and we are still moving things around.
Also, to add to the wifi discussion - we use the Verizon mifi with unlimited data and have not had any issues.
I will attach pics as soon as I can
Now worries, I appreciate you trying. What I had found funny was we got the 377 as an upgrade from our 34' travel trailer which seemed to have a spot for everything, and I find myself struggling at times to figure our where to put these same things in the 377. [emoji15]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #48

Hi Ashfamilyof3, We just did what you are about to do. Not the same FW. We sold the house after we received the trailer and currently living in it near home till we get all the loose ends tied up. So far only small minor things to deal with such as drawer slide off on one side of drawer and a small leak on water connection under galley faucet. Only a bad gasket which I took care of myself as well as the drawer slide. Was not hard at all to make the transition. Enjoy the smaller living space and will soon enjoy the rest of the country. TV pulls the 5er just fine. Barely know it's back there. Get from 10 to 13 mpg at a max speed of 65mph. First thing to do before we really get started is add a 2nd 52 gal. fuel tank from Transfer Flow for those far in between fuel stops out west. The main thing to make full timing work is that both of you have to want to do it. Hope it all works out for you all. Happy camping.

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #49

Wampuscat, by chance did you get the Pinnacle at Steve's in Lacombe?
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Wampuscat, by chance did you get the Pinnacle at Steve's in Lacombe?
BigJohnD, Yes we did buy from Steve's RV. Excellent people to work with.

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #51

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Hi Ashfamilyof3, we have been full timing in our 377RLBH since 5/27/16, and have been loving 99% of it. Mainly the wife's idea as she is older than me and has worked at a state park and has witnessed the happy full time people who come thru day after day. We pull it with a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie dually 4x2, 6.7 CTD. We have installed disc brakes and by far the best mod one can make on a trailer this size (16500 GVWR). I have no children, but my wife has 1 and she has 2. They are staying with us in Gatlinburg right now for 7 days and everyone has plenty of room. It's been a lot of fun living and traveling 14,038 miles with this rig. On 8/27/16, upon pulling out of a campsite in MO, we accidentally clipped an Escalade with our left rear fender and didn't know it for almost 200 miles. We pulled into a convenient store for ice, we walk out and see the damage. "Who hit us?" An officer was already on the scene writing an accident report for another party at the time. No one saw anything. For 3 days we waited for access to camera footage at the diesel island, then my wife gets a Facebook msg saying we hit them at the rv park. Amazing how FB can locate people. 15k Damage to the Escolade and 2k damage to ours. You MUST be aware of tailswing in the 377 as the bumper is 13' past the second axle, and turning the truck at a 45deg angle relative to the camper will result in nearly a 36" swing out! Plus be aware of your 13'4" height if you have the master ac unit. The day before the accident, right before the campground, we went under a railroad trestle with 13'6" clearance. I said we are 13'3", that was what the 377 brochure said. I missed that opt ac part!

You will enjoy the 377 no matter where you go. Just announce to the rv resort reps your length and height and you should be fine.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #52

Quote:
We are close to taking the plung on this rv. I love the layout and all the features however it is a huge rig! Any full timers out there in this big of a fifth wheel? Have any advice? Concerns? Do you mind pulling that big of a fifth wheel around the country?

We just put the deposit down on our new 2018 Northpoint 377. Funny thing I couldn't find an 2018 already built so we were going to go with the 2017. The lowest I could find on price was $61,900. I was in the process of calling to put the deposit down when we looked one more time and an 18 showed up only 2 hrs from us! I called and they are giving it to us for $4000 less than the 17 from the other dealer. I'm so glad we waited! Now to figure out all the changes for 18. Does anyone have any info?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:43 PM   #53

Quote:
... Now to figure out all the changes for 18. Does anyone have any info?
Check out this post Northpoint 2018 Changes it may give you a lot of information you're looking for.

Hope this helps and congratulation on your new FW
Old 06-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #54
CTP

Full timing families

Quote:
We just put the deposit down on our new 2018 Northpoint 377. Funny thing I couldn't find an 2018 already built so we were going to go with the 2017. The lowest I could find on price was $61,900. I was in the process of calling to put the deposit down when we looked one more time and an 18 showed up only 2 hrs from us! I called and they are giving it to us for $4000 less than the 17 from the other dealer. I'm so glad we waited! Now to figure out all the changes for 18. Does anyone have any info?

Congratulations! We ordered an '18 and pick it up on the 24th.
We're going to have it in the driveway until 8/1 and then we start full timing.
This is our first camper and while it's big, we've learned many lessons from friends who have done TT and small 5'ers. I feel this will be a great camper for
A full timing family of 5.
Our plan for a Tow Vehicle is an '18 Ram CTD 3500 Crew cab long bed dually with an Anderson Hitch.
Do it right the first time and do it safely.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
Check out this post Northpoint 2018 Changes it may give you a lot of information you're looking for.

Hope this helps and congratulation on your new FW

Thanks I will check that out.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
Congratulations! We ordered an '18 and pick it up on the 24th.

We're going to have it in the driveway until 8/1 and then we start full timing.

This is our first camper and while it's big, we've learned many lessons from friends who have done TT and small 5'ers. I feel this will be a great camper for

A full timing family of 5.

Our plan for a Tow Vehicle is an '18 Ram CTD 3500 Crew cab long bed dually with an Anderson Hitch.

Do it right the first time and do it safely.

We plan to go fulltime first of August too! I'm so glad we were able to get the one we wanted! Sounds like the same as yours. We got the latte interior. What color is yours. Wish I could see more pictures. Do you have any of yours?

Old 08-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #57
CTP

Quote:
We plan to go fulltime first of August too! I'm so glad we were able to get the one we wanted!
How's the full timing going Ashfamily?
We've settled in quite nicely at our full time spot.
Quite a gem here in S. Miss. We have a great spot in the campground with a nice view of the lake.
Kids love the camper and the loft and bunk rooms are perfect for our 7 & 5 year olds.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3825.JPG   IMG_3812.jpg  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #58
CTP

Quote:
We got the latte interior. What color is yours. Wish I could see more pictures. Do you have any of yours?
We chose the cashmere color. We're both very pleased.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3556.jpg   IMG_3569.jpg   IMG_3555.jpg  
Old 08-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
How's the full timing going Ashfamily?

We've settled in quite nicely at our full time spot.

Quite a gem here in S. Miss. We have a great spot in the campground with a nice view of the lake.

Kids love the camper and the loft and bunk rooms are perfect for our 7 & 5 year olds.

Oh I wish we were at that point already. Things are moving slower than expected its looking like September.