Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #1

Going to look at this 5th wheel today

2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh - Camping World - GRW1339191 Just a couple of questions for you 377 owners out there. Is this a good price? And any of you have any experience with the Girard gen-2 tankless water heater? The unit seems to have all the bells/whistles I'm looking for, slide covers, extra awning etc. Of course, I may have to get this truck to tow it. New 2017 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW Lariat 4WD Crew Cab 8' Box Crew Cab Pickup in Martinsville #H7108 | Ray Skillman Hoosier Ford Thanks, Terry
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #2

I have the same RV as you're looking at. I opted to skip the tankless system because I saw a lot of people having issues with them. (There is a thread here if you want to take a look.)

Overall I like tankless systems for home use. I just want to make sure I get one that works as expected before I put it in the RV.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #3

The price of $59,995 from listed MSRP of $88,105 is about 31.9% off MSRP.
People here on the forum say you should get at least 30% off MSRP, so to me it seems like a good price based on that.

Maybe you can negotiate them down a little more or have them throw in some free bees to sweeten the deal.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #4

Seems like a fair price. Mine is similarly equipped but without the tankless water heater.
That'll be one sweet combo once (errr...if) you get it.
You know you're going to get them both [emoji3] lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPayne View Post
I have the same RV as you're looking at. I opted to skip the tankless system because I saw a lot of people having issues with them. (There is a thread here if you want to take a look.)

Overall I like tankless systems for home use. I just want to make sure I get one that works as expected before I put it in the RV.
I was a service advisor in an rv dealership for 2 years. Trust me,stay away from the Girard tank less water heater,nothing but trouble. I had customers actually make us remove them and install a 6 gallon conventional water heater before taking delivery.
kreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #6

Boy was that one nice camper! I think it had all the options including 3-30lb propane bottles? and some kind of built in surge protection device?. Took my wifes breath away [good sign]. They actually had 2 of the 377's on the lot and the one we looked at had the 10 gallon water heater [which I prefer] instead of the tankless. Fit and finish was good. It took all I had not to make an offer. Maybe sometime soon as we love that floorplan. Our current Eagle is 36ft and my wife asked me if the NP was longer which it is but I told her because of the hitch location the length behind the truck would be pretty much the same.
On another note, the first question that the salesman asked was what I was towing with. Yes, he actually asked that. It seems in the past they've encountered some liability issues with selling trailers to people with incapable tow vehicles--imagine that. He said they won't sell a trailer to someone unless their tow vehicle was within certain specs. I was kinda impressed at that point. The sales manager joined us when we discussed my F-250 as a tow vehicle. I told him I'd be under the pin weight by at least 700lbs but unless I loaded the camper with 3K, I was fine with GCVWR which I am. I asked him if he would allow me to tow this NP off his lot with this truck and he said yes. He seemed more concerned with GVCWR than pin weight for some reason. [Yeah right]. Woo hoo, gotta get some airbags and hello Northpoint! Ok not really but don't think I'm not tempted. I know my F-250 can handle this trailer safely but the rear suspension would take a beating. Maybe I'll just add a leaf spring/overload as someone else on here asked. I figured best case scenario it'll cost around 65K to upgrade truck/trailer with current assets. Oh well, it's just money. BTW, this was at CampingWorld of Indianapolis.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #7

Make sure you post pics of the new camper! [emoji3]lol

I mean, if you get one! Ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #8

Going to look at this 5th wheel today

Good luck on the trailer. I think you'll find it has 3x 40lb propane tanks. That is what mine came with.

Use the weight as an excuse for a new truck. My DW was thinking it would be better to have a dually for something that large before we even took delivery. How can you argue with logic like that?