Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #21

I know there were quite a few changes to the way they packaged things in 2017 jay flights vs the 2016 models. Things like kitchen skylight, 5 way remote and rear ladder being offered a-la-cart for 2017 vs being part of the elite package in 2016. I've also noted that interior color schemes can vary as well from year to year. In my particular model the appliances went from black (2016) to SS (2017). They also changes the cabinetry from raised panel (2016) to mission style (2017). None of above the mentioned items are show stoppers for me, but some folks get upset with the littlest of changes.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #22

Good news. We have come to an agreement on how to proceed. First. my dealer has now confirmed we'll be getting a 2018. It will likley be built towards the end of May, they will know more soon. More importantly the dealer has agreed that once we have details as to the changes for the 293RKDS, including color changes, standard features, and options and so on, we will decide to either 1. accept the 2018 build as ordered, 2. accept a 2018 build but with changes, or 3. cancel our order with a full refund of our deposit. I'm very satisfied by this outcome as it is fair and equitable for all.

Thanks again to everyone for voicing their thoughts.
Doubleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #23

Great, that's how it should be! I'd get it in writing though!!

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Great, that's how it should be! I'd get it in writing though!!

Earl

I have it in writing. Such a simple thing Earl. It's hard for me to believe that it's not SOP for orders taken during model year changeovers. Oh well, all's well that ends well.
Doubleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
...None of above the mentioned items are show stoppers for me, but some folks get upset with the littlest of changes.
As expensive as RVs are, one should get exactly what they ordered so I can't blame someone for getting upset over changes no matter how seemingly little someone else may think they are.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
As expensive as RVs are, one should get exactly what they ordered so I can't blame someone for getting upset over changes no matter how seemingly little someone else may think they are.
I agree they should, but unfortunately, there's always the risk that things may change depending on availability of outsourced components in which the industry relies heavily upon. Not only for new model year, but Jayco's disclaimer also makes it pretty clear that they reserve the right to change items mid model year and without notice. That's why it's always good to get in writing that you may refuse the unit if it's not exactly as expected.