Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #11

I did not say this... (You say you do not want to pull the fuse/converter panel and check the wire connections behind the panel.) I said I did not want to pull down the paneling from the walls to see where the wires go. As for this... (I would bet when you replaced the main power feed you wiggled the wire which was loose and now it's not making a connection.) I replaced main power feed... The three wire 30 amp line that plugs into the panel box at the campground. It went from the Breaker box on the campsite to a connector box underneath the kitchen sink. There was only the three wires from the new line that I connected to the three wires at the connector box. I made a good connection. There were no other wires around it to wiggle.

mbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeards View Post
I did not say this... (You say you do not want to pull the fuse/converter panel and check the wire connections behind the panel.) I said I did not want to pull down the paneling from the walls to see where the wires go. As for this... (I would bet when you replaced the main power feed you wiggled the wire which was loose and now it's not making a connection.) I replaced main power feed... The three wire 30 amp line that plugs into the panel box at the campground. It went from the Breaker box on the campsite to a connector box underneath the kitchen sink. There was only the three wires from the new line that I connected to the three wires at the connector box. I made a good connection. There were no other wires around it to wiggle.
I originally understood it a little differently. I see you just replace the plug end on the shore power cord.

Still think you have a loose terminal behind converterbox. Not sure how you accrss is on your rig. On mine all I did was remove 4 screws, and carefully pulled it out. The wiring was a rats nest behind it. I just wiggled it out, used a flashlight, and tightened all the terminals. It was not to difficult, hardest part was the lack of light.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #13

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to understand what you mean about loose terminal behind converter box. To me the converter box is the device that converts power from 110 to 12 volts to run interior lights etc. My problem is not with the 12 volt system but with 110 volts going to all the receptacles and that just consists of breakers. On those breakers voltage is going in and voltage is coming out and going throughout the camper, except for the receptacle in the bathroom. There's not a bird nest of wires behind the breaker box is there? If you really think this is the cause I will take it out and look behind it. Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #14

Sometimes a junction box behind the converter. Or I suppose other places, not sure where that would be, but I have one behind the converter.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #15

Thanks. I will check it out next.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #16

I just call it the converter box, technically it contains the 12V DC fuses, 120V AC circuit breakers, the converter all in one box. The terminals is the location where each wire is connected to the box.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #17

Mine is not made that way. I have a box with circuit breakers. Then I have a converter box that is in another place and simply plugged into an outlet. I have 6 circuits in the breaker box. One is the Main, then AC, Water Heater, Kitchen Circuit, Microwave and General Circuit running all receptacles, and everything works except the bathroom ground fault (new problem) and the outside receptacles (which haven't worked in years).
Old 07-18-2016, 03:44 AM   #18

Finally found it. I requested a schematic from Jayco and they sent it. There were two problems. A receptacle to the right of the sink and counter looked good but had a loose connection, and the wires for the outside receptacle which comes from the bathroom were stuffed down in the wall... never hooked up.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeards View Post
Finally found it. I requested a schematic from Jayco and they sent it. There were two problems. A receptacle to the right of the sink and counter looked good but had a loose connection, and the wires for the outside receptacle which comes from the bathroom were stuffed down in the wall... never hooked up.
So the outside outlet never worked in 16 years?

TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh
TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #20

The Camper is new to me. The previous owner had it for ten years and the outside receptacles never worked with them.