Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
I only see this senario at CG's with hookups. We camp at mostly dry campgrounds. They may have water spigots scattered throughout but no elec. Very rarely ever see that scenario. Every year we camp at the Metolious area in Oregon and the same older couple shows up in their Marathon MH. We're talking 1.5 million and up for those. We see them out and about all the time along with all the other campers there. Might have to do with the surroundings too. It's very scenic their as opposed to parking lot style RV parks.

During the spring and fall when the weather is not as nice out we tend to go to CG's with elec/water hookups. I see that scenario more often.

goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #12
Interesting post and something we picked on way back in the days we were still tenting. We're outdoor people. We still spend most of our time outdoors. The camp site itself is our living room, the fire pit our kitchen.

That said, every trip we see at least one large rig pull in, put out a couple of chairs, and even buy fire wood. They never use the chairs, or burn a stick of wood. The last one we saw left $25 worth of wood when they pulled out. If I wasn't leaving the same day that would have been a free fire night for us!

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #13
That's a big 10 4 !!!!!! Finally, very well said. Park, go inside n hide.
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #14
Having worked at campgrounds for a number of years, I can attest that the more expensive the rig, the less the folks will be outside. I don't understand it either...why bother "camping" when all your doing is parking...perhaps they like the idea of telling folks how many states or parks they have visited... even if they never really much more than just drive through. Sad at what they are missing, by not being involved in living life.
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #15
Maybe....just maybe, they stay inside because everyone is watching then posting their every movement, or lack of movement, on the internet.

We all do things for different reasons, and the inference here is if you don't immediately become the campground social butterfly that somehow makes you not a camper.

Who cares. Sorry not enough coffee yet......
2013 Ram Longhorn 3500 Crew Cab 6.7 Turbo Diesel, Aisin Transmission.
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 351 RSTS, Mor/Ryde Suspension and Pin Box, 17.5" wheel upgrade, 18k Pull Rite hitch.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #16
It's probably the amenities inside. At the last local RV show, we were touring through a large 5th. It had a HUGE big screen TV and 4 of those theatre style recliners right in front (and not much else). DW said something to the effect of "This is nuts!" to which another lady beside us said "isn't it! We just bought it!"

We had a VERY hard time supressing the snickering until we could get out of earshot. That is one camp site that I am sure never sees a camp fire, and the only nature viewing is in 1080p HD.

Some people are so unclear on the concepts...

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote