Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #31
There are, I think, a number of extra fuel tanks you can buy and put in your truck. I struggled with the small fuel tank in my old 2003 GMC CC Duramax/Allison with a short bed, but my 2012 GMC CC Duramax/Allison combo has the 36 gallon tank and I really like the extra 10 gallons. Took a trip to fish and sightsee a couple of weeks ago here in the mountains of Wyoming and, overall, up/down/ with the trailer and boat/with the boat/ towing nothing, we go 13 mpg overall with an Eagle SuperLite HT 26.5 pulling a Crestliner Superhawk 1900.

jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #32
Well after a lot of searching and reading comments here, thank you, and personally talking to people we had an American Tank 65 gallon installed in the bed on Thursday. Little more expensive than some but like what it does.

This is not a transfer flow tank or gravity fed. We have a switch in the cab to select main or aux. The engine will run on either and and the truck fuel gauge reads the level for whatever tank you are running on. You can also switch tanks on the go.

Why 65 gallons? Not for range in one day but for the overall trip. We get to choose the fuel stops better for the size of our rig, obviously less fuel stops and being able to plan ahead for better fuel prices.

No more having to worry about 'geez I need to stop pretty soon for fuel'....now we have more piece of mind in our travels.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote