Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #1

HDMI to TV in 377RLBH

Maybe I am missing something simple but how would I hook up the HDMI output from a DirecTV box or a Blu-ray player to the TV in the living room? I am not seeing an input on the receiver or a way to route the cable from the overhead unit to the TV.

What am I missing?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #2

Which TV model is it?
Old 04-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #3

All the wiring from the stereo to the television goes thru the wall space between the fireplace and the pantry. You'll need to remove the stereo to access the hole in the sidewall and the connections on the back of the stereo. The connections to the tv are difficult to get to. The easiest way is to remove the fireplace. It is only held in with 4 screws. Have the tv halfway up and you can get to all the connections. Also, once you have the fireplace removed, you'll see all the wires from the stereo.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #4

We can reach around carefully and in the back on the left side our furion has HDMI ports. You have to go in blind, but with practice I can gets the blueray player and my kids WII pretty quickly.
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #5

What head unit is in your 377, the diagrams I have looked at I can't find one that has an HDMI input.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #6

I will check it out tomorrow and send you more details. Ill snap a photo if I can get back at the correct angle. This is right on the tv. Then we plug the aux line into the furion stereo.
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Old 04-04-2017, 03:57 AM   #7

Yea I saw the extra one on the TV, it's a matter of getting an HDMI from the overhead compartment down to the TV with having a cord dangle down.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #8

THAT I have not figured out yet. I plan in the future to open the side and take a look at the stereo, and fish a line through along side the ones already there.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #9

Ok, lets try this again since I timed out and it dumped my reply to you!

And I apologize for not posting pics, but I wanted to get you the info.

So start by removing the radio. The trim ring can be gently pried off, giving you access to the mounting flange. Remove the screws and the radio is free to be removed. There should be two plugs, an antenna, an HDMI plug, and a set of red & whites RCA plugs that will need to be disconnected. Just note where everything is plugged in so that you can put it back the way it came out. And be prepared with a bag of zip ties to straighten out the mess of wires that Jayco didn't bother to organize. You'll see an access hole in the back of the cabinet where Jayco fished wires down the outside wall.

Then, raise your TV an inch or two so that you can grab and manually raise the upper closeout panel that's above the TV. That should give you access without having to remove the fireplace. Behind the TV is a large brown panel, and there's a screw on the right that, once removed, will allow you to pry the panel back a few inches. This will give you access to the lower access hole from the factory.

At that point, its just a matter of fishing the cable from top to bottom.

The HDMI connections are on the left side of the TV, or at least HDMI 2 & 3 are. Not sure on HDMI 1. It might be mounted on the side of the TV, and if so, would be in the way when raising/lowering the TV.

Hope this helps! Sorry about the pics! Magnolia Tom will tell you without them, it didn't happen! lol

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #10

Lol! JetTech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:12 AM   #11

When fishing the HDMI cable through the wall, you will find that there is a turn in the wires, I found that out the hard way when I ripped the end off a coax I taped my HDMI to. If you have a wire fish, you should be ok. Otherwise I used a fishing line and a nut to drop through but man was it a pain to get to without taking the fireplace out! Take Tom's advice and remove it, I was too stubborn.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #12

I would run several pull strings when you do it. Than if you ever need to pull another cord, the pull string is there.

I will need to do this on my 293RKDS if it ever ships to the dealer.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote