Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
I agree. Something just doesn't sound right because Jayco has, in many cases, "bent over backwards" to satisfy customers. The letter from Jayco said that 17 Oaks needs to go through the selling dealer to have them REPLACE the item. As though, it was there originally but now, for some reason, it's gone. I agree with others who say that the problem just might be the dealer.
Totally agree. If I brought that to my dealer it would have a blind the same day, no questions asked. They'd worry about who was going to pay for it later but it wouldn't be me that's for sure.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
I would call Jayco and calmly explain the situation to them. The dealer sounds like a place I would not want to deal with.

If the other models have it, so shoukd you!

BTW, what dealer is this?

Murff
Crestview, Buda Tx, they say they are the largest Jayco in the US and I can believe it
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
Crestview, Buda Tx, they say they are the largest Jayco in the US and I can believe it
If this is how they treat customers, they may be so big, they do not care if they have repeat business.

They also won't be the largest Jayco dealer for very long.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #24

Trailer Life

I think I'd write to Trailer life - they have a regular feature where they print problems like this and intercede for the owners. I think they would LOVE to print this one :-).
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
Old 04-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #25

I don't know IF a blind was suppose to be there or not, but, everything said goes 100% against my experience with Jayco. We had an issue with our radio ( I think wiring ) Jayco sent to ME a new radio.. no questions asked. Then we noticed a small tear in one of our cushions on the dinette. They sent ALL new cushions, again no questions asked. And no dealer was involved. I'm not saying anything said on here is not true, but it goes totally against my experience.

I had several retail stores, and a mfg facility for almost 30 years. For about the last 10 I closed both of the retail stores and went wholesale only, because of the attitude of people, that everyone in business is out to screw them and they are always right. Maybe the blind was suppose to be there, or maybe mid stream they made a change and eliminated it because it was in a walkway and they had a door on the bathroom I don't know. But to rail against the mfg without any real knowledge of what went on is just wrong. Writing magazines, slandering them for not caring, only money hungry etc etc .. wow... would not make me want to do business with the public ever again.

I have no connection to Jayco except purchasing one of their lower cost units. They have always been responsive, friendly and have bent over backwards to try and keep us happy. To the many people I have dealt with personally that owned Jayco that is by far the typical response when asked how they liked Jayco it was always a positive response.

Go ahead take your shots, I'm a big boy. All this over a blind, which the factory said was not standard...Should the dealer handle this of course, either confirm that it does not come with a blind on that window or give you one and fight it out with the Jayco rep when he comes by. I think some just like to pile on a company and scream how those big companies are cheap, non feeling slugs, who only want the money and care nothing about their reputation or future... Really ? No chance someone just made an honest mistake ? Either at Jayco of at the dealer that said, yep, it should be there ?

Old 04-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #26

This seems like way more effort than it is worth.
I know people like to stand on principle, but I agree with those who say this probably isn't a battle to go to the mat for.
Just go out and get a blind or curtain or frosty contact film and fix the problem. And get in the practice of having people close the bathroom door when they are in the bathroom. Who wants the bathroom smell or the shower's moisture spread throughout the camper?

I've had several small things and even some not-so-small things "wrong" with my trailer (nearly everyone does) and I just fix them myself. It really isn't worth getting worked up about...and I'd really rather be out camping! Now big things (delamination, roof leaks, etc.) those are something to turn to your warranty on.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #27

I am not sure how that blind is supposed to mount to the window but are there any screw holes that one was mounted and got removed due to damage, etc. at the dealer or factory and lack of quality control forgot to replace it.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #28

Here's another thread about the same thing
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...ion-34720.html
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 04-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #29
jtw

I had my rig back to my selling dealer last fall for warr work, they gave me a hard time about everything, I would not take no for an answer and called jayco customer service, they were very responsive and contacted my dealer and had them do the necessary repairs. My dealer said no to the warr repairs before contacting the factory for authorization to do the repairs.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
17 Oaks: Just try to talk to a rep. from Jayco yourself and explain the situation in a correct manner and I am sure they will grant you the blinds. Good luck!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
Old 04-27-2016, 05:59 AM   #31

Close the bathroom door when your in there.. gee that was easy to fix...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Old 04-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #32

Something isn't making sense here... You're saying that other Jayco's of the exact same year and model have the blind, and yours doesn't?

Bypass the dealer and contact Jayco Customer Service directly, our experience with them has been that they bend over backwards to make it right. Your unit shouldn't be different than every one that they made.

The problem may be with how the dealer is interacting with Jayco.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 04-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #33

Final answer from Jayco.

Interesting in that the first reply stated it was a "design feature", now that has been changed.

"Hello Donald,

Don, based upon your actual order ticket your unit was built to spec. We at Jayco apologize to hear that you are displeased as we truly understand. Moving forward since your coach was built to order we only warrant manufactured defects which is a defect with the product which this is not the case your unit was built to spec. I will note this in your ticket file and you have a great day.

Thanks,

Anthony Rodriguez
Technical Representative-Retail"

So someone ORDERED this unit and did a delete on a window blind???? OK, I will rest my case, but I no more believe this than I believe ISIS chops off heads for peaceful purposes.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #34

Interesting,

So someone ordered to that unit specifically without that feature, and apparently backed out of the deal. So, the dealer was left with the special order unit, and sold it to you.

The dealer should have informed you that this was a special order unit before the sale, and it certainly should have been caught during the PDI.

Sounds like the dealer should make this right!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #35

I know that written documentation is normally the way to go but CALL THEM!
574-825-5861
Sometimes things aren't understood in an email. Worth a last try...

Old 04-27-2016, 12:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
ALL privacy windows come with blinds from the factory. Someone's blowing smoke.
Not so, the Seismic hallway window has no blinds, had to install myself. fought for one from Jayco and lost.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Old 04-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Not so, the Seismic hallway window has no blinds, had to install myself. fought for one from Jayco and lost.
May be true, but two dealers looked at other Eagle HT units and they all had a blind in that window.

1) I don't believe Jayco and that is a sad thing to lose faith this early in the ownership

2) They have made NO effort to resolve the issue other than go see a dealer, not is not resolving problems, especially since the dealer cannot do anything except sell me one.

If I were Jayco at this stage I was ask: What would you like for us to do to resolve the issue.

My answer: Sell me one, ship it to me and I will install it myself, thanks (this is what I told my dealer).

Jayco has NO desire to make a customer happy or even attempt to do so.

I own a company now and have started and sold several others over my 50+ years in business. I have 3 rules I follow that leads to the success I have had:

1) Customer Service

2) Customer Service

anyone want to guess rule 3?

3) Customer Service

Jayco: Got a problem, that's YOUR problem!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #38
Site Team

I would ask to see the build sheet from the dealer to confirm the blind was not ordered or was deleted originally.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
I meant Eagles.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 04-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I would ask to see the build sheet from the dealer to confirm the blind was not ordered or was deleted originally.
At this point in time its become OBE (Overcome By Events), I have already ponyed up the $68 bucks to buy one from the dealer and wife said she will install (she is very good at things like this, she is also an engineer) so its just move on .org and chalk it up to another company that cannot deliver on its promises.

There I was sitting is Mr Bill's office talking about hunting and the car I had on order. Mr Bill owned Bickerstaff Chev and it had been in the family for 3 generations. I was a young Captain stationed at Ft Benning Ga. Suddenly a Chevy comes sliding into the parking lot and you could tell by the way the guy got out of the car he was hot under the collar. He came into the room and UNLOADED on the car and everything else. Finally he calmed down and Mr Bill looked up and said: John, what did you pay for that Chevy? As he said that he reached into his desk drawer and pulled out and old style Check book, about the size of a legal sheet of paper.

John replied: I paid over $12,000 for that &()* car. Mr Bill began to write and then handed him a check and said: Here is $13000 that should cover it and I will have someone take you home. John looked at the check, said nothing and walked out.

I sat dumbfounded and said WOW, you lost a $1000 bucks. Mr Bill laughed and said naw. About that time in comes John, head down and sheepishly hand him the check and said: Sorry Mr Bill I know your mechanics can get it right. Mr Bill told him to pick out a car and go home he would call him when it got fixed.

What I learned that day a long time ago was the true meaning of customer service and I never forgot it...
Closed Thread