Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #1

hitch height of 355mbqs

We are in the process of ordering a 355MBQS, which means I also need to order a hitch. I have a 2016 Silverado with the factory puck system and 8' bed. Right now it looks like I have 2 options, the Curt or the B&W. Any opinions on either hitch? Also, can anyone with a 355MBQS tell me what the height of the king pin is when the camper is setting level? The Curt and B&W hitches are slightly different in their height and amount of adjustment, just wondering if that will also sway me from one to another. Thanks
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco325bhqsoh View Post
We are in the process of ordering a 355MBQS, which means I also need to order a hitch. I have a 2016 Silverado with the factory puck system and 8' bed. Right now it looks like I have 2 options, the Curt or the B&W. Any opinions on either hitch? Also, can anyone with a 355MBQS tell me what the height of the king pin is when the camper is setting level? The Curt and B&W hitches are slightly different in their height and amount of adjustment, just wondering if that will also sway me from one to another. Thanks
Purchased the same unit from Camping World in Denver....they recommended the B&W...small & compact unit in the bed of my 2016 Ford F350 long bed. Works great for us (is expensive)
bodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco325bhqsoh View Post
We just took delivery of our 17' 355MBQS, and had the Reese Titan 16k slider installed in my 2016 Silverado 2500 crew cab standard box Dmax. I don't know the exact height of the pin box when level, but I can tell you that I have mine on the second to lowest adjustment on my hitch. (I thought it was pretty low) It tows great with no trouble, and we love the floorplan. Be mindful, we just received notification from our dealership that the wrong axles were installed on our unit, they were 6k instead of 7k. Be sure to make sure yours are correct. Hope that helps! -Matt
UncleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #4

how do I check my axles?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
how do I check my axles?

You should contact Jayco, they will be able to tell you if it falls under the recall with your VIN #.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMan View Post
You should contact Jayco, they will be able to tell you if it falls under the recall with your VIN #.
I will do that. Thank you.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #7

When was your camper manufactured? I just read under the recall section they were saying it was for units made in October. Think mine was manufactured last June. Think I'll still call Jayco like you said while mine is in the shop now for warranty repairs.

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
B&W companion 5th wheel hitch
Mark464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark464 View Post
When was your camper manufactured? I just read under the recall section they were saying it was for units made in October. Think mine was manufactured last June. Think I'll still call Jayco like you said while mine is in the shop now for warranty repairs.
You're correct, it's for units manufactured Oct 7-11 2016. There were only 30 units affected. I have attached the link regarding the recall.

2017 JAYCO EAGLE RECALL FOR SUSPENSION, REAR, AXLE, NON-POWERED AXLE ASSEMBLY PROBLEM #16V772000