Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #1

Hitch Recommendations

Anyone pulling a fifth wheel with a Ford short bed PU? I have a 2011 F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost with 5' 7" bed. The SuperGlide 3100 by PullRight has been recommended, but in reading the PullRite information, I am not sure it will work with the 5' 7" bed. I have requested information from PullRite, but have not received a response. Just wondering which hitches are being used with the 5' 7" beds.

Also, while an factory option, the Jayco fifth wheel we found was not equipped with a Reese Revolution pin box. I had read that the units equipped with the Reese Revolution pin box have extra tongue framing and the use of a non-factory installed Sidewinder or Revolution type pin box will void the trailer warranty. Any thoughts on this topic?
Scott 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #2

From what I have read you will void if you add a sidewinder or revolution after market due to what you described above with reinforcement from factory. Also if you find or order with a sidewinder you will most likely not need the slider hitch due to the added clearence. Might be worth it to look at ordering a new one with it vs the cost of this with the slider hitch.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote