Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #1

holding tanks

have new 377RLBH and just noted that beside the black and grey dump handles in the water bay, I have also a grey dump handle mounted under the trlr carriage on the left side. Is this for an additional grey tank?
fishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #2

I have a 38FLSA, I have 2 grey dump handles as well... one is for the galley grey water and the other is for the shower grey water... may be the same setup for you...
Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. When we empty the tanks in a couple of days, ill have to check it out. Since, there is two handles, I assume that there is a 2nd grey tank. wonder what the capacity of it is. Maybe the capacity of both(?) equals the 85 gal capacity of grey water.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #4

Yes, I think they total the two tanks for the capacity. A friends is setup this way and runs a Y between the two greys so you don't have to move the hose from one grey to other one.
Cumming, Georgia
Go Dawgs!
Amosmoses33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. There are the two dump handles, but only one discharge point on the trailer. I have to assume that the dump handle outside of the bay dumps into the same discharge line. Previous trailerhad two discharge points and it was a royal pain, even with a Y hookup. This should be a breeze. thanks again!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
Thanks for the info. There are the two dump handles, but only one discharge point on the trailer. I have to assume that the dump handle outside of the bay dumps into the same discharge line. Previous trailerhad two discharge points and it was a royal pain, even with a Y hookup. This should be a breeze. thanks again!
You are correct -- 3 holding tanks -- black(toilet), grey (shower and bathroom sink) and grey (kitchen sink). All three with separate pull handles but only one discharge point = one sewer hose.

Some people open both grey pull handles if camping with no hookup for sewer to increase total grey water capacity -- especially for the shower. This is controversial -- all do not agree that they want to mix the more greasy water from the kitchen with the bathroom grey tank. I have only done it once several years ago when in a county park with only a dump station. if you do it you need to have one of the Valterra shut off valves installed at your tailer discharge point.

Those valves are great even if you don't do the above since there is alway some liquid in the pipes that moves in transit and accumulates at the discharge cap.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #7

I have a 377rlbh. The one under the bunk slide is for the kitchen sink. The shower, bathroom sink feeds the gray tank beside the black tank.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #8

Thanks to the both of you. I appreciate the comments and now a bit more about this trailer. We are on a 30 day trip down to south Fl. If there is anything wrong or goes wrong, it should popup within 30 days. Can't thinkof a better way of checking out a new camper than take a 30 day, 2500+mile trip!! Will let you know how things turn out.