Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #1

Hot Water Heater replacement

Looking to change out water heater with a on demand propane one in a 2012 Pinnacle. Not sure what direction to go. Would like any in put.

Thanks
Cheryl Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #2

There is pros and cons of doing one.A friend installed one in his and although its endless hot water it seems to really suck down some propane and getting the temperature set can be a task. He now has to go full cold and gradually open hot water to get a descent temperature.Im sure others will chime in with their advise but from what I saw so far im not interested,I have a family of four and as long as showers are staggered a bit we never run out of hot water.

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

I would have gladly sold mine to you. I took it out shortly after I got the rig. Several things I didn't like about such as having to use propane and not the parks power. Also found the temperature adjustment way too fiddly and having to waste a bunch of water trying to get the temp right. Documentation says to go full hot to get proper flow and then adjust the flame for correct temp. Never got it to work right so put in a regular 6 gallon DSI water heater.