Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #1

If you ordered on a 2016 form, did you get a 2017 with auto level?

I doubt we are the only ones who ordered Apr 19 from a 2016 sheet that listed auto level as included in the Luxury package. However it was built a 2017 AND the auto level, now an option, NOT in the Luxury package, was NOT built into our 321. Jayco surely would check if auto level was desired and NOT just leave it out of the build. Not sure who is at fault, but we are certainly NOT. If you had build issues let me know even private message. Thanks.

2015 Sierra 2500 SLT Duramax CC, Nav, Onstar WIFI, 20K Reese Elite
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #2

Tell the dealer you ordered it from or call Jayco Customer service direct.

Trying to get sympathy from people on any Forum is not going to take care of the problem you seem to have.

Good luck...

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:19 PM   #3

Dealer is talking to Jayco, just wondering if anyone else got stung by the options change in 2017 builds when ordering in April. Can't believe it is only US.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:04 AM   #4

If you ordered on a 2016 form, did you get a 2017 with auto level?

I ordered ours earlier in April. I want to say April 7th. Our sales lady knew we'd be getting a 2017 and told me what the option changes were verbally over the phone. My sales lady also emailed me a copy of the changes. Not sure why your dealer didn't have the information...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Not sure why your dealer didn't have the information...
X-2. Dealers get the new order sheets pretty fast.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:20 AM   #6

Like I said in my PM. Not having auto-level would be a deal breaker for me. I knew from reading here when I placed my order that option had been removed from the 2017 package. I specifically indicated that to my dealer multiple times to make sure that it was included in my build.

With that said, the guys that sell these things do not read every detail. They are focused on sales. Options on coaches change all the time, sometimes during a model year. Jayco specifically has a disclaimer to this effect in their brochure. What is a huge deal to one customer may be trivial to another. I happen to be a very detail oriented person. I do lots of research prior to purchasing something of this magnitude and generally speaking know more about what I am buying than the person selling it to me. I'm not putting this on you, but I certainly could see how some assumptions of what is included in the luxury package could be made by both a buyer and the seller. Unfortunately, this time it was the deletion of a significant option.

Because of this change, I was so focused on making sure I got auto-level that I overlooked the fact that the pull-out storage tray was also deleted. That was an option that I would have liked to have, I'm dissapointed that I missed it when placing my order. Fortunately I can purchase one and have it installed.... or I could play hardball and refuse delivery of the coach and have the dealer make the call on how he wants to handle it, but as another poster here routinely says "This is not the hill I'm going to die on..." I'll save that battle for another day.

I also had ordered mine with slide-toppers as an off-sheet option. Another here who tried to do the same was told both by his dealer and by Jayco directly that slide-toppers were not available from the factory on a 2017 355MBQS, and yet my coach was built with them. I was fully prepared for the fact that even though I ordered mine with them that the rig may show up without them and I'd be working with the dealer to get it done as it was listed on my order. Fortunately that was not the case.

I guess ultimately, it gets down to working this out with your dealer. The auto-level is a high dollar option and for me it would be a deal breaker. I would refuse delivery over the option being missing and wait for it. For me I would not even accept a reduction in cost for the missing option as it was one of the features that was a must have. I do agree that for a mandatory package, the deletion of auto-level is a significant portion of the cost of that option and I don't really see where they made up the cost difference by including something different and I find it somewhat misleading that the MSRP is stated by Jayco on the Eagle line with these options not being included in that figure and yet they are mandatory build line items.

I hope that your able to come to some resolution with your dealer, wheter its a reduction in cost that is acceptable to you, the dealer adding the option, or another substitute order with it included.

I don't really fault the dealer or Jayco as based on the materials available, it is pretty clear that the option was being removed for the 2017 model year. Whether your dealer knew that or not at the time you ordered is just speculation. I doubt there was some intent to deceive you.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #7

IIRC, It specifies either in the owners manual or somewhere else pertinent that Jayco is not responsible for changes in options or specification changes of model year changeover. I agree with the ones here who put the responsibility on the selling dealer because they are notified by Jayco of any changes to new production models and packages besides, it is absolutely the dealer's responsibility to know what the heck they are selling, eh?

It is always a good idea to go over your order with the sales personnel and get anything in writing specified on the purchase order (PO). An example I can provide is the fact that I ordered the 50 amp service option w/o generator and was not sure if the unit would come pre-wired for a generator. The sales rep. said Jayco includes generator pre-wiring so rather than rely on memory, I asked that such be included in the note section of the PO. Same went for them including full propane, a battery, and waste hose starter kit.

It is of my opinion under contract law that if the OP has a signed by both parties' contract (PO) specifying that the leveling system is included, the dealer is lawfully and legally on the hook to perform, not Jayco. I would try to amicably resolve this matter with the dealer and if the dealer doesn't resolve it to satisfaction, the OP can back out of the deal due to breach of contract. By golly, the OP could even go as far as taking this dealer to small claims court and most likely win in that venue for the dollar amount of the system plus installation. The latter remedy attempt may result in a bridge burning scenario when it becomes time for warranty or repair service if such dealer is the only convenient source for service or repair, however.
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #8

Everything we ordered was on our coach, except the bumper grill which after some thought is not a big deal. The auto leveler was included in our luxury package or maybe the dealer just made sure it had it. Heck we didn't know the exterior color of it till we picked it up, were expecting the off yellow exterior and ended up with the much better light gray.
b349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #9
K&B

Had order a 2016 , called said it would be 2017 , auto level was a option now , they would pay half if still interested. I think this was a fair deal.
K&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Like I said in my PM. Not having auto-level would be a deal breaker for me.
I guess ultimately, it gets down to working this out with your dealer. The auto-level is a high dollar option and for me it would be a deal breaker. I would refuse delivery over the option being missing and wait for it. For me I would not even accept a reduction in cost for the missing option as it was one of the features that was a must have. I do agree that for a mandatory package, the deletion of auto-level is a significant portion of the cost of that option and I don't really see where they made up the cost difference by including something different and I find it somewhat misleading that the MSRP is stated by Jayco on the Eagle line with these options not being included in that figure and yet they are mandatory build line items.

I hope that your able to come to some resolution with your dealer, wheter its a reduction in cost that is acceptable to you, the dealer adding the option, or another substitute order with it included.

I don't really fault the dealer or Jayco as based on the materials available, it is pretty clear that the option was being removed for the 2017 model year. Whether your dealer knew that or not at the time you ordered is just speculation. I doubt there was some intent to deceive you.
Rusty, dealer got back to me, not sure exactly who was at fault but he offered either to install the auto level or refund the option cost in 2017. Do you know the option cost on your order? Checking into other auto levels available. The Lippert Evolution 6 point hydraulic with pump on each jack, no hoses, easy install, sounds great. Are you satisfied with the 4 point electric? Dealer warns me that it is not that good, rather basic and slow. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:59 AM   #11

So far I am happy with the auto level system. I have used it at least six times and it has not yet failed to level the trailer and works within the limitations of the system. You have to use a little common sense in the sense that the system has to have enough stroke to function. For instance in my sloped driveway the front will run out of travel before the nose is level. This would happen whether using auto level or doing it manually and some blocks added underneath the landing gear solve the problem.

In respect to it being slow. I have nothing else to base it on but it takes a minute or two to go through the process. Certainly less than my wife and I using a level and trying to communicate to get it done.

It stabilizes the coach as I expected and again I wouldn't have accepted the rig without it.

It is listed as an additional 2399 option on my invoice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #12

I have not had any issue with mine leveling. Common sense on when and if you need to use leveling blocking prior to trying the auto system are a given. But it works well.
b349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
So far I am happy with the auto level system.

In respect to it being slow. I have nothing else to base it on but it takes a minute or two to go through the process.
That's when I work getting the water line connected.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote