Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #1

info and or opinions on 325BHQS

Hello everyone, just registered here today. We are looking to upgrade to a Jayco 5th wheel, specifically the 325BHQS. Just wanted to ask here some opinions from current users. What are the pros and cons? At the moment we are convinced of a couple of options we want, the theater seating, auto level, Mor ryde pin box and the residential fridge. We do at least 1 long trip a year (several thousand miles over a couple of weeks) and I think the RR will work well. I do have a question on the sink in the outdoor kitchen, does it have it's own gray tank? We have looked at some similar floorplans from competitors (Grand Design 323BHS, Cougar 336BHS) both of those have an outdoor kitchen and the sink just drains into the outlet pipe, no tank at all. Once you have filled the pipe you have to dump, seems like a real pain if you don't have full hookups so I was curious is if the 325BHQS is similar. What do current owners think of Jayco quality, it seems better to me than Forest River or Keystone products and I like the 2 year warranty. Thanks in advance for any info.
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #2

We just got back from our first long trip with our new 325. Absolutely loved it! The outdoor sink does have its own tank, it does have its own discharge pipe that you have to hook up to seperate but thats the only downside. The unit does have a lot of storage space and space in general for the family. Anything else you need to know just ask
jhclark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

Thanks jhclark. Do you have any of the options I mentioned such as theater seating, auto level residential fridge? Is yours a 2016 or 2017? We are considering ordering because of the options we want. There don't seem to be many on the dealer lots, and we like the outside color and the outdoor kitchen of the 2017 model better.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #4

We went with the party sofa for added sleeping for friends. The little couch does recline. I love the outside collor and kitchen (fyi there arent wooden cabinets in the outside kitchen it's powder coated steel looks great) I didnt go with the auto level and glad I didnt, the jacks they have on it are stable as he!!. We went with the 2017 btw
jhclark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #5

We are debating between the dinette with theater seating and the super sofa. Our only concern with the super sofa is that alot of times the kids have friends over and they are playing games at the table in the dinette. What can you do in that situation? Do you bring extra chairs of some kind?
Old 09-07-2016, 11:41 PM   #6

We don't have that exact coach but instead a 355MBQS. It's not exactly the same but the basic layout in the kitchen living area is the same in regards to the location of the door to the super sofa or the dinette/theater seats.

Initially we were going with the super sofa but once I saw it in person and looked at how the tables work we soon realized that was not a great solution and was going to be a hassle. We are big people and there was no reasonable way to set up the tables and then get in and out of the sofa, it was going to be a big issue and frankly I didn't find the pole tables to be all that sturdy. They have to be set up taken down all the time.

We ended up going with the free standing dinette and the theater seating option. Our floorplan also has another 3 person couch along the back wall. So there are tons of seating options.

The 325 was on our short list and was one layout we really considered but once we started looking at how much seating we wanted and extra sleeping options for the daughter and her friends the 355 offered so much more.

In any event the party sofa looked good on paper, not so much once I sat in a unit with everything set up. The dealer had done us a favor by pointing out some of these subtle differences and asked us to think about how willing we would be to deal with them in the long run.

There have been a few time where I wondered if the U shape dinette would be better than the 4 chair stand alone table that we went with but we do have the option of moving those chairs around at will and to be honest the two that are stored under the bed have not even come out yet.

Anyway, just some things to think about.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #7

We have the same fiver, just bought in mid July. As you said, they are hard to find. We had to go to a camping world almost 3 hrs away, closest we could find with the floor plan and options we wanted.

2nd Ducted AC
Moryde
12cu ft fridge
2nd awning on slide
4pt auto leveling

Wanted the table and stand alone chairs, but that's the only thing we sacrificed. Ours has the theatre seats with dinette/bed. Love the theatre seats!

Very very happy with unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco325bhqsoh View Post
Thanks jhclark. ....snip snip Do you have any of the options I mentioned such as theater seating, auto level residential fridge?
I this a typo? I never heard of a "auto level residential fridge".
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I this a typo? I never heard of a "auto level residential fridge".
It appears he forgot a comma between auto level and residential fridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 09-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #10

Thanks for the info bud man. I think we will be ordering one later this month or next month. Dealer was telling me to order by the end of the month or the price will go up about $2k, cause it will start to be next years model. The 2017's have been out for several months now, will they start with 2018's already, or was he just feeding a line of salesman BS?
Old 09-10-2016, 04:34 AM   #11

We have a 2015 325 bhqs and love it. There is plenty of room for our grandchildren. We have the 2nd A/C, 2nd awning, Revolution pin, theater seating, dinette and 2" receiver. Ours came with the deluxe package which included the 4 point auto level. As mentioned before the outside kitchen does not have its own tank but, you could add a wye and connect to other drains. We've added JT Strong arms which helped the side movement. I'm not sure but I don't think they offer the deluxe package anymore.
Engoff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #12

They must have added a tank for the outside kitchen in 2016 because ours has one. We even have a tank level monitor in the outside kitchen.
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 09-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco325bhqsoh View Post
Thanks for the info bud man. I think we will be ordering one later this month or next month. Dealer was telling me to order by the end of the month or the price will go up about $2k, cause it will start to be next years model. The 2017's have been out for several months now, will they start with 2018's already, or was he just feeding a line of salesman BS?
I seriously doubt that they will be starting 2018's in October of 2016? I think they usually start building the new year in around May of the previous year. So 2018's would start to build in May 2017. But I may be wrong....
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 09-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #14

Hi bud man, I was thinking the outdoor kitchen had its own tank because the 2017 we looked at had a tank monitor in the outdoor kitchen itself just like you said. Pretty certain we are going with the 325, just have to figure out where to buy. Thanks