Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1

Interested in information on 2010 Jayco Eagle 321 RLMS

Hi All,
I am interested in purchasing a 2010 Jayco Eagle 321 RLMS. Does anyone have any thoughts on this floorplan? That driver's side slide out seems to be a large chunk of real estate to slide out. Any issues with the size of that?
I currently have a 2009 Sundance 2900MK that I tow with a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel with a 3.73 rear end. I'm not happy with the quality of the Sundance rv. The Jayco seems to be a much higher quality. Also, being 6 feet tall, a mid-profile fiver is not for me.
How about my Dodge for towing this fifth wheel? Anyone have any experience towing one of these with the Ram I have?
Thank you very much for any info you can give me.
I hope to get some good feedback through this forum.
Mark
maldds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #2

I also have a large driver's side slide and the slide motor started failing while still in warranty. Jayco replaced it with a larger capacity motor and all has been good since. When I say the original motor started failing, it would stop intermittently when bringing the slide it. You would have to wait for the relay to reset and then it would come in a bit further. It would sometimes take 4-5 of these cycles to get it in. The motor never truly failed, but was basically undersized to start with.

You might want to check and see if the motor on the unit you are looking at has been upgraded if that was even an issue with the one you are looking at.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
Site Team

I looked at that unit in 2010. It was an impressive fp and I wanted it badly but was turned off by the 4 slide motors needed to open/close it. There must have been some concerns at Jayco also because they dropped it from the line in 2011. I wasa told by my dealer that they were going to look at the fp cause many did not like the no access to the bedroom when the monster slide was closed.

I ended up considering the 321RLTS ans the 351RLTS. I would nave no problems pulling the 321 with your present rig.

I have read 321RLMS owners post on here, hopefully you can get some first hand info on their experience. I almost bought a leftover 2010 model. Good luck and keep us posted.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #4

Well, someone else bought this fifth wheel. I'll keep looking.
Thanks for the info.
Mark
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #5

I owned a 2010 321RLMS. I had the following go wrong within the 1st year. Water pump, Kitchen table split, panel cutout for steps came loose and ripped flooring, Cabinet doors came apart and mega slide quit. Traded that unit in. Worst I ever owned , was a real lemon. That was my 4th Jayco Fifth wheel. I now have a 2013 Jayco Premier 351RLTS.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Site Team

We have the 2011 351 and really love the floor plan. Pulls like a dream.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #7

We have had very little problem with the new unit. Wintered in it this past winter and it really is a nice unit. We have had a lingering sewer odor (verified by selling dealership) that could not be found. Trailer is being returned to Factory Oct 14th for repairs. Like you said pulls like a dream. We are very happy we traded the 2010 in. The monster slide quit 2 days before we departed Corpus Christi on our way home. With a lot of help we got it in but had to take a 1900 mile ride home with the slide in . That was a real PITA. Ordered the new unit on the way home. The dealership had to return the 2010 for repairs to the monster slide. Glad we got rid of it.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #8

Our 09 Eagle 351RLSA has been great, love the floorplan.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #9

You all have verified what I thought may be an issue that I didn't want to deal with. Thank you so much for your input. I think I'll be looking for another floor plan. I think two smaller slides instead of one monster slide is a much better idea.
I'll keep you posted on what I do.
I'll probably come back to ask more questions on other floor plans.
Thanks again,
Mark
Old 05-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #10

I absolutely love, love, love my 321rlms. We have had so many compliments about it, I can't even say. We are at a permanent site, so we have no hauling issues - or things that might go wrong during hauling. I certainly think that plays a lot into any camper you are purchasing. This unit is unique and absolutely beautiful. We don't have to take our slides in and out until beginning of season and end of season, so that might make a difference to some - It reminds me of a home, rather than a fiver. We have bought an extended warranty, so just in case. We love it. It's beautiful
nyorker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #11

problems with mega slide

the middle bottom motor on our mega slide, by the stairs went out. I can't find the correct motor that goes to it theou lippert it's like they have a version close to it but it doesn't fit. Has anyone else had this problem or did you just upgrade the whole motor and trac. We need help! Lol
charli1524 is offline   Reply With Quote