Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Inverter

Whats the easiest way to hard wire a 2000 watt inverter with on plug located near the TV. 5th wheel model 2016 321rsts.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #2

Your units floor plan is very close to mine... Take out the bottom drawer beside the pantry and see if there are junction boxes on the floor. That's where the wires come in from the slide.. They use different wire to come into the slide so it is flexible.
One of the regular white romex wires that joins in the junction box is for the tv and the plugs (maybe, depending how it's wired). You can check what's on the TV circuit by turning off the breaker.
The wires are going to come up to the breaker panel through the floor behind the wall panel in the garage. Most likely another junction box from the stranded flexible wire from the slide to another white romex.

I already had the inverter for the residential fridge in my North Point so all I had to do was connect the TV receptical wire under the kitchen drawer to the fridge's wire coming from the inverter.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote