Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #1

Jayco 375BHFS - more questions

375BHFS owners, what kind of problems have you seen with this unit?

Also how stable is the unit when setup without any other kind of stabilization? King pin stabilizer or JT strong arms or ???

Thanks,
Josh
jlp16au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #2

Problems have only been as it pertains to components, nothing in the frame or finish work. Slide sync issues, but resolved under warranty.

Without stabilization of some sort all campers are going to rock. Nothing comes from the factory "rock steady" unless you option somthing. I did not go for the auto level due to issues with the manufacturer at the time. Jayco has since changed vendors.

I added a mid unit pair of scizzor jacks and landing gear support arms. It makes a huge difference, especially with a unit this long.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. I have 3 kids under 9 and they can really shake one when they get going. I would like to know the best options for stabilizing one with the 6 point level system.

Can anyone with the factory 6 point level system let me know what additional stabilization they have done?

Thanks again,
Josh
jlp16au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #4

Lippert makes weld on tabs for the foot pads (if you're referring to the Lippert Level-Up 6 pt system) where you can install the JT Strong arms. We had a 40' rig with the 6 point, and it was all BUT stabilized with our kids running around. King pin stabilizer does not do very much in my opinion. We tried it, but didn't help much with what was going on in the bunk house. Most people I know have created their own version of the JT Strong arms, or diagnal and longitudinal bracing, secured from the jack pads to the frame. It doesn't get much better than that. You can do a google image search for homemade 5th wheel stabilizers and come up with all kinds of stuff. We sold ours when we got out of full timing, but will be doing our own homemade version of the JT's in the near future.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #5

Agree with 3'senough. I have a king pin stabilizer and added a 2nd set of stabilizer jacks (put 1 in front of and 1 behind the axle.) I can still feel a little movement, but it's not too bad. One thing I noticed on our initial shake down was we stayed at a state park and our pad was concrete. The camper with just the front and rear stablizers was rock solid. My seasonal site is gravel so I'm not sure I will ever get it as solid as I would like.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote