Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #1

Jayco discontinues two more Pinnacle Floor Plans

Looks like Jayco has discontinued two more Pinnacle Floor Plans

The Pinnacle 35LKTS and the Pinnacle 36RETS are now marked "Dealer Stock Only".

Guess they were slow moving models, with the dropping of the Pinnacle 31RLTS and Pinnacle 34RLTS at the beginning of the year this only leaves 4 Pinnacle Floor Plans.

Wonder is Jayco is planning some Mid Year Models / Floor Plans to replace these or just wait until 2015 for any updates or new models.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #2

Are you ready to trade Rob? Not me, I have worked all of the bugs out of mine and I'm sitting tight.......I think!

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #3

Not quite yet Ed as our Pinnacle has been great and we really like it, but looking and watching, might trade in the next year or two if the right floorplan / package comes along.

Looking hard at a retirement dates in a few years, will probably look at trading again before we retire.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #4

Interesting walked thru a couple of 2014 models, floor plans I had not seen before, interesting. More unconventional seems to becoming the convention.

Pleased with my 36reqs, hopefully my full/part timer in the next few years.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #5

I just wish they'd get rid of the Schwintek slides anf go with hydraulic slides and levelers like the Montanas. I love, love, love that front living Pinnacle but my next RV will have hydraulics.
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

I am certainly no fan of the Schwintek Slide system.

The Bedroom Schwintek Slide on our Bedroom has worked flawlessly, the Schwintek Slide on our Large Kitchen / Entertainment Center slide is iffy and seems overloaded.
I think the Schwintek Slide System (if it is installed correctly at the factory) is ok for a smaller / lighter slide.

Of course Montana is using the Cable Slide system their Front Living Room Slides and some of their bedroom slides, not sure which evil is better, the Norco Cable System or the Schwinteck System.
For all its bad press, I think the Schwintek System is better than the Norco Cable System on a Small / Light Slide.

The Schwintek System on the large slide gave us problems once getting it closed but has worked since.
I did put better / tighter power connectors on the Schwintek Controllers and I always make sure we are level and on shore power before opening or closing the slides and they have been Ok.

We do not have the Jayco / Attwood Factory Leveling system but have installed the aftermarket electric Recio Titan Leveling System and have been very happy it.

Actually one of the reason for buying our Jayco 5th Wheel is the fact they do not use any hydraulic slides or leveling, never had a electrical leak on a slide / leveler or had any popping sound from the leveling system when the temperature changes. JMHO
Old 11-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #7

Rumor is Jayco will be showing some new Pinnacle Floorplans / Models at the Louisville Dealers Show is a couple of weeks.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #8

I wouldn't mind the electric slides if they had a manual emergency crank. The ones on ours are a real PIA to operate if there is a problem. Before the recall, we had lots of problems with slide motors so it is an issue near and dear to me.
Dual Pane Windows
Macerator system
Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #9

The other thing they should improve is the space available for the dinette. We have the free standing dinette and it isn't really usable if you weigh more than 150 lbs. Other companies have floorplans, especially Front Living plans, with much more generous space for the dinette.

I think our Jayco's cabinetry and general quality is good, but these few things really irk me.
Dual Pane Windows
Macerator system