Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
Site Team
We are not going to let this be a Facebook debate. Calm it down folks!

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 03-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #12
We need Like buttons on this site. Similar to those used by FB. Do some folks worry too much, or maybe it's that I just don't worry enough..

Old 03-31-2016, 05:05 AM   #13
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post

Perhaps I can help you understand something about Social Media. When the criminal element needs to find out personal details about you, they mine your social media. When a local (to you) criminal wants to know if you are out of town, leaving your home and valuables vulnerable, they use Social Media.

Social Media is giving your personal information away, to anyone with a good amount of google knowledge on their hands.

As a professional in the Security industry, I'd walk away from your social media, and use a more traditional method of keeping up with friends or like minded people. (this forum is handy for that).

Are you really willing to trade even an ounce of peace of mind for whatever advantage you might see in a social media platform? - I'm not.

Take care.
KC, no offense but what do you think this is????? Anyone can join this site and sit here and lurk and make up things about themselves and their rigs. If the criminal has the intent, he will know whether you are home or not. I have a huge storage shed in back of my two acres where my unit sits. That's like an advertisement as to my being home or not. I do have four video cameras running though, just in case. It is unbelievable all the things the criminal mind can come up with. If they would put half that effort into a law abiding job, think how much better the world would be. You are right though, plenty of criminals use whatever social media is available to learn all they can about you.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #14
Maybe people need to post more pictures on the forum?

2007 29 BHS
Closed Thread