Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #1

jayco landing gear problems

I got home from camping trip this weekend and was jacking up camper when it stopped going up or down. After some investigating I figure a steel shaft about 6 inches long broke in the center that ties both sides to the motor. I got part of it out but cant get to the part inside the tube. Any suggesstions would be apprecieated.
mikemtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #2

What year and model do you have? There are shear pins in the landing gear and if there is any above normal strain like too high or binding it will give. You can buy the pin and replace but you need to get the parts diagram for your model to confirm the #. Should be a $30.. part if your motor is spinning and nothing further is wrong.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #3

And if it is a shear pin, you can probably temporarily replace it with a low quality 1/4" bolt and nut. (low quality so it can still act as a shear pin if necessary)
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #4

I have a 2005 jayco designer and the landing gear will not raise or lower, the black part dropped down any ideas as to how to fix it??? I pulled the bolt from c clap and it still will not go up inside? The motor is turning everything seems to be working Please help!!!!
mguent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguent View Post
I have a 2005 jayco designer and the landing gear will not raise or lower, the black part dropped down any ideas as to how to fix it??? I pulled the bolt from c clap and it still will not go up inside? The motor is turning everything seems to be working Please help!!!!

Not sure what you mean by black part ? On some of the 05 designers just inside the door where the gas bottles are you will be able io see the on the left the gear box and motor check to make sure the bolts are in and holding this part up also about 3 or four inches down the shaft heading to the other side their is a 1/4" screw or shear pin on this use a nylock if you have to replace . I would suggest pulling the tanks to get a better view . I REALLY DONT LIKE WORKING ON THIS UNLESS ITS ON THE TRUCK OR BLOCKED REALLY WELL ON THE FRAME . I had to replace the pin that came out not the gear. I do know you may have to time the two sides to make sure they are close before you put the shear pin in . Hope this helps
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote