Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #1

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Question

This weekend we will be looking at a 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS. We currently have a Columbus 320RS which we love and I especially love the kitchen storage. I have noticed that there does not seem to be very many kitchen cabinets. Is there anything that we should look out for on the Pinnacle there are so many options on this unit I just have to look at it. Do you love the unit or is there anything that you wish it had that it doesn't?
ZanMan4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #2

We added washer/dryer and 5500 watt gen to ours. With the 2 of us there is plenty of space to store the food and cooking implements we use. The residential refrigerator will now be a must have if we ever trade this one. Never had it in 5 previous units but now it's the way to go.

I upgraded the tires before I left the sales lot. I went with Goodyear G614 tires. I added a Kayak rack on the rear. I did add spring assist to the three large cabinet doors above the TV because they would not stay open.

So far, we love it.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #3

We immediately replaced tires and mattress. Second AC is a must! Washer and dryer is great. Wish we had upgraded to dual pane Windows and 2nd awning. We did not do the generator. We put solar on roof and switched 12 volt battery to 4-6volt batteries. Be sure to purchase a good surge protector too. Love the FBTS floor plan!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

We are very happy with ours. I think we got all the available options except the washer and dryer, we just don't need them right now. But it does have the prep for them. The dual pane windows are a big plus in the summer, they do work. All the other options are useful for us also. It's always cheaper to add on items up front versus adding them later. I just ordered upgraded wheels and tires for ours, had that been an option when we ordered ours I would have got them too. Actually the pantry holds a lot more than it looks like it will. Good luck with it.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #5

There are a lot of little small spaces. Wife is too short to reach some of the upper cabinets so she keeps a small step stool handy. We didn't get the dual pane windows (our bad because we had them on the Cameo), we did get the second awning and slide toppers on all 3 slides. If you get the king bed, there is not much room for moving around it - now wishing we had gotten the queen! We did order upgraded tires and had bigger shackles added once at the dealer. It is washer/dryer prepped but wife uses that as storage.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #6

We got queen bed. Room to make the bed on both sides and nice night stands. We also extended hard flooring in living room. Switched couch w recliners to couch/bed w ottoman and theater seats.
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

36fbts

We also bought a new loaded unit love the floor plan however that is it ,reservations ,flights,dr appts work ,all pending yet after 5 months at factory service Tecs seem nice but they only have so much to work with quality control lacking did all the factory tours 15 units and go home just seems tough .i owned a body shop, dealership and repaired Rv,s since 1964 and quality was always a priority not just money,we were proud of whatever we did . Bring the factory people to service dept so issues can be corrected Thanks
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:49 AM   #8

Make sure to get the tire and wheel upgrade , we also love the outdoor tv I spend most of my time outside ,so it was a must for me . We had major slide issues for the first three months of ownership but they finally figured out what was causing the problem and we are up and running.
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Our furniture issues are a nightmare ,we want to do same update where did you get your replacements thank you
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #10

Thank you

Thank you everyone for the replies. It is not an easy decision, we want a quality built unit which I know all RV's have issues. We have always been lucky with our choices. The one we are looking at has the upgraded tires which is a must for me. I think the only option not on this unit is the washer and dryer which I don't want currently. I've had to upgrade the tires on the last 2 units we have purchased and it is an expensive item but a must. I'm 7 years from retirement and I wanted to get one last new camper before then and want one that will last the long haul.
ZanMan4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #11

Something that the wife originally wanted was the house refrigerator. Because we do not have a generator nor solar, she is now wishing she had gone with the propane 18 cu refrigerator. If you plan on pulling over in a truck stop or rest area to sleep in the trailer, the batteries will last about 3-4 hours. Something to think about - and something our salesman was not aware of.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote