Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #21

Picking her up Sat Morning.....
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
Picking her up Sat Morning.....
Congrats, keep us updated.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #23

Picking up my 2016 FLSA next Saturday! Can't wait
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #24

we bought our 38 FLSA in December. we really like it so far the front living room is my biggest selling point. it sits in a RV park on the lake side. so I have never pulled it yet. I would definitely recommend the unit. A+
Texas 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #25

Happy Camper

My wife and I bought ours (2015FLSA) in Sept15. We looked at many brands and believe Jayco is overall a superior product when compared to other units in the same price range. That is not to say there is not room for improvement in the quality department and I think if it were used as a fulltime unit that issues with durability in components would arise. We did not look at any new MS but saw a few used units. No doubt the Pinnacle is not on that level. If I had to replace it tomorrow I would easily buy the same unit. I have not had to involve Jayco in any repair issues yet so I can not speak about their support. I did make a few calls to the dealer on minor issues like trim coming loose. I did not like their answer on when they could get my trailer in for repair so I took care of them myself. I think that is a dealer issue and not Jayco.
Since we bought this unit we have found ourselves continuing to look at RVs, all brands and styles including DRV. Just a general infatuation, RVs are just fun. I have zero regrets on our choice and have not found any other style I like more.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #26

3 weeks ago we traded our 36' mobile suites in on a 36' Jayco Pinnacle.
I think Jayco's are built just as well if not better than mobile suites.
Good Luck with what you decide......
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #27

We have a 2015, it's a but more camper than we need, might be selling. If you're interested, let me know
marklesbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschmatz View Post
Hey All, so I'm seriously considering buying a 38 FLSA we are getting out of out 34 foot Mobile Suite witch was a awesome unit! Can anyone give me some feedback, I'm hoping the quality and workmanship is equal to the Mobile suite. I would be looking at DRV again if they offered a front living model
TIA
We too bought a new Mobile Suites in 2006.
5 months ago we traded it in on our Jayco Pinnacle that we really really like. I don't miss the MS at all. They are way too heavy and I didn't like the headroom in the bedroom.

The main problem we have had is the residential refrigerator in our unit. It stopped working after our first weekend we used it. HOPING to finally get it repaired soon.........

Honestly don't think you are going to miss your Mobile Suites.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:17 AM   #29

We've been in our pinnacle now for around 16 months now. We've had zero issues. Couple TSBs around upgrades to the landing gear, which a local dealer took care of. For the nitpickers...added a bead of silicon around the bottom of the shower door track. Loose fitting after a year on the exit side of the water pump that caused a leak. Don't care for the central vac system, the kick panel at the bottom of the stairs is nice, but the vac doesn't have the power to really clean the carpets at the far end of the coach. Bought a Dyson V6 like the '15 models came with. Problem solved. Completely satisfied with the unit and would buy again.
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #30

We purchased a brand new 2015 38 FLSA back in August. We love the layout and the comfort. However, we did take one short trip and came back with 13 issues that should all fall under warranty repair. I guess the real test of quality and satisfaction will come over time. If these repairs, are a one time deal, we will be greatly satisfied. But if they are an indication of what we can expect, we will be deeply regretting our purchase.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #31

What were some of the issues if you don't mind sharing.
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #32

Frustrated!

This was our second summer with ours. I love the upper living area but hugely disappointed in the jayco workmanship. We' have had broken slide out motors, , trim falling off, drawers falling apart. The list of repairs is long! Will never buy a jayco again!
marklesbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
What were some of the issues if you don't mind sharing.
Please see this link:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...-up-40386.html
Old 11-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #34

I second what Kevin and Beth said about the vacuum. I put in a Dyson as well.
The kick vac pan at the stairs is extremely useful though for quick kitchen and front door sweep ups.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #35

We own a 2015 Jayco FLSA. Absolutely fantastic. Yes, you will have some problems but what RV doesn't. We have made two long trips and have been very comfortable. We traded our 2004 HR Motor Home for this unit. Make sure that you are using a Silverado or RAM 3500 or Ford 350 DIESEL as your tow vehicle. Safe travels.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #36
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschmatz View Post
Hey All, so I'm seriously considering buying a 38 FLSA we are getting out of out 34 foot Mobile Suite witch was a awesome unit! Can anyone give me some feedback, I'm hoping the quality and workmanship is equal to the Mobile suite. I would be looking at DRV again if they offered a front living model
TIA
drv is like comparing a caddy to old falling apart pickup there is no quality or workmanship we are looking at a Drv next week
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #37
Lost in the Woods

Same thing here
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #38

I am not familiar with the term "DRV". Our 38FLSA unit is a "Front Living Room" and we love it. There are advantages and disadvantages to both Front and Rear Living rooms so it's the preference of the buyer. In our first year we had some problems with our unit but nothing that prevented us from enjoying it: the adage, "If it's mechanical or has testicles you're going to have problems with it" holds true here. Our Jayco dealer handled all of the warrantee work and did an excellent job. I contacted Jayco engineering a few times and they were always helpful. On the 1-to-10 scale I would rate it 8. I hope that this helps.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:48 AM   #39
Site Team

DRV is the company that makes Mobile Suites. Formally know as Doubletree. It was owned briefly by Sunnybrook.
DRV Suites - Luxury Fifth Wheels
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:19 AM   #40

Norty1, thank you for the answer on DRV. I have learned so much since joining the Jayco Owners Forum.

Tags
38 flsa, mobile suites