Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
Jayco quality control stinks

Picked up my new 345BHTS 5th wheel, love the floor plan, but (always a but) the factory failed to hook up the flexible duct work from the furnace to the trunk line for the heating system. My dealer did a walk thru with us and turned everything on, I heard it running but didn't check for discharge pressure coming out the floor vents. I discovered the problem when I got home, my dealer is 2 1/2 hours away from me so I fixed it myself about a 10 min job. We took her out on our maiden voyage last weekend and discovered the A/C wasn't blowing thru the vents very hard and the camper wouldn't cool down. I got on roof took A/C unit apart and found rubber roof material blocking 3/4 of the duct work on both trunk lines. I have miscellaneous trim pieces falling off. I called the dealer they have been very responsive and told me to bring it back, but I'm pretty far away. I could have bought any camper, I chose the Jayco because of there warranty and workman ship. I hope I didn't get a Monday camper. Has anybody else had these types of problems? I would love to talk to a Jayco rep if that is possible.

2015 345 BHTS 5th Wheel
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel
jtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Maybe the mobile snack truck showed up at break time. That's what I'm thinking happened to our TT when it was built. They never mounted my water pump and didn't put a hose clamp on the pickup tube from the tank. I fixed all that stuff myself. 10 minutes worth of work. I let the dealer know about it. They made it right.

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #3
I agree it shouldn't happen, but the dealer was supposed to check those air flows if they did a proper PDI.
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I agree it shouldn't happen, but the dealer was supposed to check those air flows if they did a proper PDI.
Yes, 110%!
Shame on them for not checking the systems out.
That said, sounds like your dealer is ready to step in. Too bad it's so far away. Good luck.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
Having all kinds of quality issues on my new trailer.
The trailer is dealing with ib but never again.
robertorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
Originally Posted by robertorman View Post
Having all kinds of quality issues on my new trailer.
The trailer is dealing with ib but never again.
Sorry to hear you've got problems, but welcome to the forum.
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Steve (std Poodle) & Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights 2015, 90 nights 2016)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
When I bought my previous trailer brand new a couple years ago it was the same story; lots of things to have corrected by the dealer. People are quick to blame Jayco for certain things, and rightly so that they should be inspected closely at the factory before being shipped out...

That being said, I place a more personal and deliberate blame on the dealerships for their lack of attention to detail on the PDI. We, the consumers, pay for a proper Pre-Delivery Inspection and often times it is barely done if at all. I gave my dealership royal **** for their multiple screw ups over the course of our transaction, and reiterated that they needed to do better in the future.

Part of me believes they like it when problems come up after delivery because they get business through warranty work which is paid for by Jayco...
2013 F-150 EcoBoost MaxTow
2013 Jay Flight 28BHS Elite

"My wheel lugs require more torque than your Honda makes!"
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:47 AM   #8
I picked up my 2015 345 BHTS on friday the 22nd and I had the same issues. The main AC is a 15kBTU and it was not blowing hard. Still is not but the second AC really packs a punch. I will need to see if there is any obstructions with the 1st AC.

As for the PDI, that was a joke. I found several things wrong from prep,cleaning,& mechanical.... They did a piss poor job and kept telling me "we'll make it right" the fact is I wanted it right when I got here. Thats why you needed 5 days to prep... There was so many things over looked.

I have it at the campground and going to bring many things over and start using it weekly so I will get to see if she holds up
CaveDiver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:50 AM   #9
I think all RV manufacturers and dealers are the same. They all have their problems. Production is just about at its highest level ever and things get overlooked. We went through a proper psi inspection so I thought and it still too me three trips to get all the problems worked out. We love our unit but did have some headaches. Fortunately though, Jayco is the only manufacturer that gives you two years to find all these problems. Our dealer has also been very helpful in anything needing correcting. Most of the time we have not even had to leave our unit. Our dealer is an hour away, but a small inconvenience to pay for all the happiness we are having. It does get better.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:51 AM   #10
All manufacturers have issues. They are trying to put out the product as fast as they can and they rely on the dealers to find and fix little issues like these. The problem comes when the dealers don't do a thorough job. Jayco has little control over the dealerships, since they are independently owned.

I think Jayco and the dealers hope that most customers don't check the little things, or decide to fix it for themselves... thus saving Jayco a lot of money. That being said, Jayco does have the reputation that they will authorize repairs.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote