Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #1

JT strongarms or ultrafab eliminator install questions

Hi all

Interested in purchasing one of these systems. I'm going to install myself on my 2010 Eagle 351 RLSA. Has anyone tried this install? Were there any modifications to be made? I consider myself very handy and can accomplish most tasks. That said, my trailer is at a campground 120 miles away. Just want to be prepared before I go.

Feel free to chime in on your opinion on these systems, as well as the steadyfast. The research I've done so far seems to have these systems pretty equal. If so, price will be the deciding factor, unless the install is a major undertaking.

Thanks

Don
2010 Jayco Eagle 351RLSA.
scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #2

I installed the 6 pack JT's on my unit and it took 3 drill bits and a whole lot of patience. If you have power jacks and a bike rack in the rear you will need to make some modifications to get them installed at the right angles. You need a good power drill or a few spare batteries for your cordless.

Probably a full days work but the unit is rock solid once you have them installed and dialed in right.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

I installed the Plug It Right Stablizers on our Pinnacle.
www.plugitright.com/RVStabilizer.html
They offer just the front stablizers or the front and rear stablizers and are lower cost than some of the other brands.
Easy install, took about a hour to install with a battery drill using a nut driver.
All hardware suppled with self tapping screws that worked great with no drilling needed.
Our Pinnacle is rock solid after the install, much better than the tripod we had our our previous Eagle 5th Wheel.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote