Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #1

Just found out...

Yesterday I received an email from rvdirect letting me know our 2012 365BHS is offline and released to shipping. It spent Tues & Wed in the "shortage lot" so whatever was missing must not have been too major. Now if they would come on and get it to Des Moines already.......
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #2

Either way... How exciting! So does that mean the tt is soon to be "Driveway Camping"?

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

My new 5er came off line 0n the 16th of April and has been in Des Moines for over two weeks. The EARLIEST I could schedule my PDI and delivery is May 11th. That is almost a month after being built. We were hoping to have it for a couple weekends before our first trip. Oh well. I hope you do not have to wait as long as we do.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

healthi,
She's going to be towed straight from Des Moines to our permanant site which has sat empty since 2/29/12 when the tornado destroyed our 2011.
highlife,
Did you question that turnaround time at all? I find it hard to believe they are that far behind for a PDI. Rebecca won't like me much at all if I get quoted a 2 week delay.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #5

Jrmay25, I vaguely remember your post about the tornado in March (I was heading 'out of town' for a month and was pretty much offline after that tornado). I'm really happy that your family has a new replacement on the way; just in time for Summer! Post some pics once your new 5er is cozy and snug in it's new site
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Thanks Healthi. We're exited to get our new one and get everyting settled back in. I will definately post some pics once I get word it's pickup time.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
healthi,
She's going to be towed straight from Des Moines to our permanant site which has sat empty since 2/29/12 when the tornado destroyed our 2011.
highlife,
Did you question that turnaround time at all? I find it hard to believe they are that far behind for a PDI. Rebecca won't like me much at all if I get quoted a 2 week delay.
I asked if I could get it any earlier and was assured that they were very busy and backed up 2 - 3 weeks.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #8

I just sent her an email and am anxiously waiting for a response. If this is the case I'm going to be pissed because "their competition" guarenteed me I could take delivery from them within 3 days of the unit coming offline. Went back with RVDirect because they treated us right on our 2011 but sure hope I don't end up regretting my decision.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #9

highlife4me,

You were spot on. Told today it's probably going to be another 3 weeks before I have a pickup date. I've got the phone number to the tech at their pickup lot so maybe I can call and beg, plead or bribe him..
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #10

I know the feeling. Maybe you will bet lucky. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #11

Wow, that is a long wait, but it is the busy season for RV Dealers. I guess it is good for the RV industry that sales have picked up.

When we picked ours up from RV Direct in Orlando it was off season in November and we had to wait a week for PDI and pickup.

It was our first time dealing with RV Direct and the whole process from the sale though the PDI when very smooth with no surprised or issues.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #12

We are driving to Albany to pick up our camper this Saturday, May 12. There was a few week wait from when they received the camper and when they had a Saturday open for us to go get it. We are very anxiously waiting for this weekend to arrived. Went to the registry today, plates and registration is all set.

We have a 3 hour drive so we plan on going up on Friday night!!
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #13

Mine came in and I didn't even get an email when it came off the line or shipped. I got a email 5/1 saying "Your camper has arrived at or Orlando dealership". After I asked could I pick it up on 5/5 I was told "Booked". When I commented that there was a bottleneck, I got the "we are very busy speech" not to mention a defensive and combative attitude. Long story short. It's on their lot just shy of 3 weeks before I can get it. Done with them.
will_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #14

I was able to pick up our 2011 just a couple of days after it arrived in Des Moines. However, to their defense, it was a January pickup. I understand things are much different in May than January. will robinson, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels like "they are doing us a favor by selling to us." Completely different attitude than I run my operation but it apparently works for them. I'm not going to ***** too much as this is the 2nd unit I've bought from them in 2 years but think I may try out their competition on my next one.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #15

It was a bit annoying to find out that we would not be able to pick up the camper for weeks after it had arrived. Basically, we paid the a camper that we could not take home with us.

BUT - We are trying to stay positive and think of all the fun we will have in it once we get it!! Three more sleeps and that baby is ours!!
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #16

safetylady,

Your on the short end of your wait now! Congratulations, and I know your gonna love it. I just sent back all my financing paperwork this afternoon, so hoping to get some sort of a timeline early next week. I know they said that Jayco is or at least was running about a week to a week and a half behind with their off-line deliveries. Hell I'd even be willing to drive to Middlebury and pick it up myself if they'd let me. Hopefully they come through for me within the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #17

Sorry to hear but good to know about the backlog at this time of year. I'll probably get my next unit from RV Direct and the last thing you want to do is wait another 3 weeks after the long wait for manufacturing! I guess timing is everything.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #18

If you have the option I would recommend ordering in the late fall to early winter. I was able to pick our 2011 up the same week it arrived in Des Moines. RV Direct's competition assured me I would be able to pick the unit up within 72 hours of it being released to shipping. But they were about $400.00 higher for the same unit spec'd identical so I went back with RVD.
Told today that it's probably going to be the end of the month.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #19

Jrmay25,
I will be picking ours up tomorrow afternoon. If I see your new rig in the lot I will let it know that you already miss it. The wait sure sucks, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #20

highlife4me,
Let them know if they can bump the 365BHS that's coming in next week and headed for Missouri ahead of the rest, I'll tip them very well.

Enjoy your new unit and safe travels.