Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #21

I have talked to Screwby on the phone and he lives 15 minutes away from the Dealership. He has volunteered to go over and look the 5th wheel over for me and let me know what he finds. I am sure that he is also following this thread.

One of the Best things I really like about Individuals on this forum, and others is that we all help each other out.

I really appreciate what he has offered to do, and it takes some of the Nervousness out of the Situation.

Thanks Screwby and everyone else for any input.

Greg
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
gman03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #22

We have purchased 2 trailers from CW of Greenwood/Indpls because of price. As we all know, CW is the "Walmart" of the trailer world. They make their profit on volume so they can sell for much less. Both sales transactions for us were flawless and both trailers delivered with all options ordered. The PDI on our current Eagle was interesting to say the least. We started on the outside with the awning and the service tech told me the pitch wasn't adjustable [as I was looking at the 5 hole adjustment on the Carefree awning] and instantly I knew more than the tech about my trailer. Do your homework and be prepared on the PDI. We were up there a couple of weeks ago looking at a NP 377 RLBH. The salesman I spoke to in advance had the slides out when we got there so we could give it a thorough looksee. Will we buy there again?, probably. Service, probably not unless catastrophic. Good luck in your purchase.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #23

Happy to help! Was great talking to you in person the other day. Same reason I stay on this forum, I've been saved hours of headaches from threads here.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #24

I love the layout.
The bedroom is so much bigger with the second door to the bathroom. I always hated layouts like that and thought it was dumb. It's not. I don't think I want another trailer without the second door.
I find it hard to believe they discontinued it. The 381 is pretty good too but the double sink is a little much for a "trailer".

THe storage in the bathroom is huge. We use it for my kids clothes.
Storage in the kitchen is massive. We still have some empty cabinets.
I'm not a fan of the other layouts because of their lack of counter space.
The extra counter against the wall is the best. It always has stuff on it.
I don't know what we would do with out it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #25

You will love the 6 point leveling system once you get used to it. Instructions on how to use it are labeled on the inside of the propane tank door which is right beside the 6 point control panel. Just read and follow instructions and it is a piece of cake to operate. The only time I've had problems is when I try to do something on my own and override the system - that only leads to "what the heck have I done now and how do I get it fixed?".
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I love the layout.
The bedroom is so much bigger with the second door to the bathroom. I always hated layouts like that and thought it was dumb. It's not. I don't think I want another trailer without the second door.
I find it hard to believe they discontinued it. The 381 is pretty good too but the double sink is a little much for a "trailer".

THe storage in the bathroom is huge. We use it for my kids clothes.
Storage in the kitchen is massive. We still have some empty cabinets.
I'm not a fan of the other layouts because of their lack of counter space.
The extra counter against the wall is the best. It always has stuff on it.
I don't know what we would do with out it.
I agree, we have the 2 doors to the bathroom on current floorplan, and also feel that it makes the bedroom bigger especially on this one with the bigger slide and wardrobe.

I talked to a few contacts that I have at Jayco, and the 315rlts is going to be a 2018, and as of now they do not have any new floor plans under 40 ft coming out which is what my problem was. Our campground has a maximum length of 40 ft. Glad that this one is only 39ft 11 inches. It justs makes it.

The kitchen buffet counter and island were the main reason for upgrading to this unit

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Pittman View Post
You will love the 6 point leveling system once you get used to it. Instructions on how to use it are labeled on the inside of the propane tank door which is right beside the 6 point control panel. Just read and follow instructions and it is a piece of cake to operate. The only time I've had problems is when I try to do something on my own and override the system - that only leads to "what the heck have I done now and how do I get it fixed?".
Thanks for the information, I am sure that I will have a couple of those moments. Have watched a couple of videos already and downloaded the LCI App.

Thanks for the help.

Greg
Old 03-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #28

We have same unit. We love it. Going on our first long trip with it in a couple days. Love the 2nd bathroom door and linen closet in bathroom, 6 point level system and cabinet/counter top by refrigerator.
A couple issues to look for that we had issues with that hopefully be resolved after summer trips. We have a major floor squeak/creak in front of the refrigerator and to right of island. Very annoying as this is where alot of time and travel is spent. More noticeable when slides are out. Also, the wall at the bathroom sliding door is bowed. With sliding door fully open, look down the end of wall from top down to make sure is is straight.
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
We have same unit. We love it. Going on our first long trip with it in a couple days. Love the 2nd bathroom door and linen closet in bathroom, 6 point level system and cabinet/counter top by refrigerator.
A couple issues to look for that we had issues with that hopefully be resolved after summer trips. We have a major floor squeak/creak in front of the refrigerator and to right of island. Very annoying as this is where alot of time and travel is spent. More noticeable when slides are out. Also, the wall at the bathroom sliding door is bowed. With sliding door fully open, look down the end of wall from top down to make sure is is straight.
The DW and I are amazed that this unit wasn't popular enough to stay in the lineup.
We couldn't deal with any less counter space.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #30

Thanks for all the Input and help.

For those that have the 2016 North Point 341RLTS when you are hitching up. Is there room between the tailgate and the trailer, and about how much?

On my 2011 Jayco 321RLTS We were able to walk around back there and it is 88 1/2 inches from the storage door to center of pin on pinbox. What is the distance on the 341RLTS?

I have also attached what the outriggers on the Fridge slide look like on this 5th wheel. It looks to me that they have been upgraded and should hopefully be strong enough to not bend.

Thanks Screwby (Eric) for the pictures

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
510617218.jpg   510617186 (2).jpg  
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #31

It's really tight.
A slight angle 15/20 degrees and you'll hit.
Bigger angle you're ok.

75" to centre of pin.

Those are the upgraded supports. I haven't read anything (yet) about them bending.
I don't no think they will.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #32

Anytime man! Good looking trailer, makes my 23rb look like a shack lol
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #33

Quote:
It's really tight.
A slight angle 15/20 degrees and you'll hit.
Bigger angle you're ok.

75" to centre of pin.

Those are the upgraded supports. I haven't read anything (yet) about them bending.
I don't no think they will.
Klassic,
Do you have a short bed or long bed truck? If short bed do you have a slider hitch, and have you had to use it?

I have the Reese Elite series hitch with slider and a short bed GMC. On my 2011 Jayco Eagle 321RLTS I never had to use the slider. Was always able to get anywhere I needed to go without using the slider portion.

I agree, I love the Floor Plan a lot more than the 315RLTS that replaced it.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Anytime man! Good looking trailer, makes my 23rb look like a shack lol
Thanks Eric,

I started out with a 2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B, then a 30 ft Jayco Quest, Then 2 Jayco Eagle 298BHS, and then my current trailer in my backyard 2011 Jayco Eagle 321RLTS, and now I get my Retirement Trailer the 2016 North Point 341RLTS. It took 16 years to get to this point, and will most likely be my Last RV, or maybe not LOL

A 23B is a Great starting out trailer. You and your family will have a lot of good memories, I know that we do.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:56 PM   #35

I had a 2012 F350, and now a 2017 F350. Both short boxes.
Same hitch as you. The trailer will hit on extreme angles. Angles you probably wouldn't do while driving.
I never used the slider with my SOB, but I started using it again when I got the NorthPoint...when I sense I might need it.
I don't use it when I know I won't hit that extreme cab hitting angle backing up, but I don't know what will happen if the truck and trailer are on different planes and twisting in opposite direction. Since I have the slider, I use it in those cases.

On another note....when I use to pull my 2009 CedarCreek, I rode level. When I got the NorthPoint (empty) it pushed down just a little bit more. Once loaded and ready to camp I could feel the 2012 light on the steering and could see I was out of level, plus a lot of chucking. I put on Timbrens and all was good again.
Now my 2017 F350 I am 2" too high. Truck looks good, but trailer is nose high. I think I and going to lower the springs in the mounts to the next hole, that should raise the trailer an inch.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #36

Just got back this afternoon from picking up my New 2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS. Boy what a long ride to pick up a camper. We have done around 400 miles or so before driving to Rhones RV in PA, but 1000 miles each way is a lot of driving for a quick 5 day trip.

During the walk through we came across a couple of issues that we will have taken care of back here in NH, Did not have time to stay in Indianapolis, IN waiting for them to be corrected.

1) Fireplace fan does not work.

2) Fan in the Frigidaire convection microwave is extremely loud.

3) 1 MCD shade does not lock in place, and 1 is the wrong size.

4) The sinks do not have covers for them, are they supposed to. My 2011 Jayco Eagle 321RLTS has the solid counter sink top covers

Will take some more time this weekend to use and check things out further.

The good news is it tows really good, and has about 6 inches of clearance between the truck and the trailer and rides level. Would like a little more room between the truck tailgate and the trailer, but it is what it is.

I was amazed at the battery setup, It came with 6 group 27 Interstate Deep cycle batteries, do they all come with 6 batteries?

We dry camped last night at a Home Depot in Buckhorn, PA could not find a hotel with a big enough parking lot. Ran the furnace since 7:30 last night till around 7 this morning. Battery meter would drop down one bar when running, and right back up to full after blower shut off.

I met up with Eric yesterday before driving back to NH. It was great to meet you in person, and thanks again for your help. If you and your family head out this way, please let me know so we can hookup. I have a seasonal site at Mi-Te-Jo Campground in Milton, NH

Thanks to everyone else who has replied to this thread, and helped with the process.

If anyone knows someone looking for a 5th wheel, I now have 2 in my backyard
Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #37

HOW ARE THE BRAKES!!!!!!??
Mine stink. Tom's are poor, Jasum's stink.
I pull at full on my controller, trailer still pushes the truck stopping

Were those nasty vacuum screws poking out ?

Yes ther should be two sink covers. We only ever use one, if one is to be used.
Because the faucet needs to be aimed over an open sink when towing. Sometimes the handle turns itself on.

Congrats! Enjoy that nice layout and counter space. We still haven't filled all the cabinets.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:08 AM   #38

Quote:
HOW ARE THE BRAKES!!!!!!??
Mine stink. Tom's are poor, Jasum's stink.
I pull at full on my controller, trailer still pushes the truck stopping

Were those nasty vacuum screws poking out ?

Yes ther should be two sink covers. We only ever use one, if one is to be used.
Because the faucet needs to be aimed over an open sink when towing. Sometimes the handle turns itself on.

Congrats! Enjoy that nice layout and counter space. We still haven't filled all the cabinets.
The brakes were fine, running the controller on 6 1/2 to 7 and could feel the trailer tugging on the truck a little bit when applied going down hills. I also have an Exhaust Brake on my truck which helps a lot on the hills.

There are 2 screws poking out a little, maybe a 1/2 inch. There are 4 screw holes so I plan on putting in 2 more screws and cutting the heads off with a multi-tool

I was pretty sure that their should be sink covers, so how much does the faucet turn on when towing? Will have to keep a eye on that, I assume it does not let to much water out due to only being pressurized by water pump.

The space is why we decided to travel for this Floor plan. Going Full-Time next fall, and figure that we need to bring 3 seasons of clothes with us.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman03842 View Post
Just got back this afternoon from picking up my New 2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS. Boy what a long ride to pick up a camper. We have done around 400 miles or so before driving to Rhones RV in PA, but 1000 miles each way is a lot of driving for a quick 5 day trip.

During the walk through we came across a couple of issues that we will have taken care of back here in NH, Did not have time to stay in Indianapolis, IN waiting for them to be corrected.

1) Fireplace fan does not work.

2) Fan in the Frigidaire convection microwave is extremely loud.

3) 1 MCD shade does not lock in place, and 1 is the wrong size.

4) The sinks do not have covers for them, are they supposed to. My 2011 Jayco Eagle 321RLTS has the solid counter sink top covers

Will take some more time this weekend to use and check things out further.

The good news is it tows really good, and has about 6 inches of clearance between the truck and the trailer and rides level. Would like a little more room between the truck tailgate and the trailer, but it is what it is.

I was amazed at the battery setup, It came with 6 group 27 Interstate Deep cycle batteries, do they all come with 6 batteries?

We dry camped last night at a Home Depot in Buckhorn, PA could not find a hotel with a big enough parking lot. Ran the furnace since 7:30 last night till around 7 this morning. Battery meter would drop down one bar when running, and right back up to full after blower shut off.

I met up with Eric yesterday before driving back to NH. It was great to meet you in person, and thanks again for your help. If you and your family head out this way, please let me know so we can hookup. I have a seasonal site at Mi-Te-Jo Campground in Milton, NH

Thanks to everyone else who has replied to this thread, and helped with the process.

If anyone knows someone looking for a 5th wheel, I now have 2 in my backyard
How was Rhone's? That's where I ordered my Jayco.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #40

It's like a big cup of water spilled.
But it will be a lot of water if you accidentally leave the pump on with water in the tank.
The covers are nice. They fit really well, but are heavy.
You answer about your brakes will be shown to my dealer.
If you go under the rig exploring, and remember, can you take a picture of your axel tag for me please.