Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

Just Took Delivery....

...of our Eagle HT 23.5 RBS. After 4 month of anticipation, the pick-up day finally came. Orlando RV did a good prep job and made a couple of minor adjustments to a few things we found during the inspection. Our only unresolved issue was that the rear receiver hitch was missing (brackets present, but no bar), which I am currently trying to work out with RVdirect. I can't believe the improvement in workmanship between out old Kodiak TT the the Eagle HT (no soft spots in the floor, no staple heads sticking up, the sofa is actually bolted to the floor, etc.). The unit hooked up without issue and pulled without any issue and we immediately headed to the nearest state park.

Since we have not owned a fifth wheel, I need a little practice learning how to back up. My first attempt at backing into a campsite took a while, thankfully the campground was not crowded. By the time we got home, I could easily back the fifth wheel into the narrow storage pad next to the house. In fact it was much easier to back than the old TT. Already looking forward to the fall and cool weather.

My concern about the turning radius and the short bed supercrew was short lived when we had to make a 180 degree turn to leave the dealer. At about 80 degrees, I had at least 6" of clearance from the cab and could have gone to a full 90 if needed. Backing in at the house, the pad is up a small hill. With the fifth wheel higher than the truck, clearance was not a problem in this situation. Bed rail clearance is about 6 inches and when down to about 4" when backed up the hill. I chose the B&W Patriot hitch and pre-set it back to the rear-most position over the axle and ordered the Reese Revolution pin box on the fifth wheel.

So much more storage than the TT. We typically travel very light, but all compartments in the TT were filled with only one small hanging ward closet. Now we have three hanging closets all bigger that the one in the TT. When we got home I heard something running, it was the water pump. Not sure how it got turned on, probably while turning off the water heater, but could barely hear it under the dinette seat. The pump in the TT would wake up the dead. I will have to pay close attention next time we are out.

My one complaint so far is the height of the control center. I am 5'8" and have to fully extend my arm to reach the switches. It could have been located a little lower somewhere else. There is also one switch that I can not find out what it controls. It is a single switch to the left of the porch light and ceiling light switches. I thought it might be a step light, but if it is, the step light is not working.

The official photographer got caught up in the excitement and neglected to fill the memory chip, but here are a few showing the turning radius. More pictures on the next outing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jayco1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	8344

Name:	Jayco2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	8345

Name:	Jayco 3.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	8343
Scott 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #2

VERY nice....:drooling:
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #3

Looks really nice!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

Nice 5th Wheel, we bought ours from RV Direct in Orlando too.
No problems with sales or delivery.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #5

Just Took Delivery....

Very nice, congrats and happy camping!
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #6

Could it be the scare light outside? Mine isn't marked, in fact none of my lights are marked, so I marked them all with labels.
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Nice unit. I really like the Eagle HT line....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #8

Just Took Delivery....

Very nice indeed
Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. I really want to hit the road and head out west of the Mississippi. However, it looks like short local trips this summer and fall. May make it up to North Carolina in the fall, but no further.

Yes, the unknown switch is for the scare light. I only tried the switch in the daylight and the door was blocking the view of the light. In fact, I didn't even notice the light up there. Went out tonight and flipped the switch and saw a faint light come on then looked around the door and saw the really bright light. Yes, the labels are a good idea.

The documents that came with the Eagle indicate that the converter is a Progressive Dynamics. I had replaced all of my previous converters with a Progressive Dynamics converter equipped with the Charge Wizard. It is nice to see the upgraded converter with the Charge Wizard feature.

I did learn today that I need to replace the dinette storage access panels below the cushions with a thicker sheet of luan plywood (or loose weight). It is difficult to reach the overhead bins without stepping up on the dinette seats. No serious damage, just embarrassed.

Does anyone else have a 2013 Eagle HT 23.5 RBS? If so, can you PM me I have a question?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #10

Looks great! Like the colors.
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #11

Jayco Came Through!!!

Yesterday, I received a freight shipment containing the hitch receiver and wiring harness that were missing when we picked up out fifth wheel back in June. There apparently was some confusion between Jayco, the dealer and myself regarding the hitch and if it was standard on my model or an option, but it was worked out to my satisfaction and I have to commend Jayco for stepping up and handling the situation.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #12

I am sure you will like your new camper. I have a 2012 23.5RBS, but I am jealous because I like the new decals better. The only problems I had was a bolt pulled through the floor on the entry step which was repaired under warranty and the airbed for the fold out has a seam that leaks and Jayco and the maker of the mattress refuse to cover it under warranty. I glued it shut with some GOOP and it seams to be holding for now. Enjoy your new camper!
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #13

Kudos on the new trailer! Enjoy.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

Nothing beats the feeling when taking delivery of a new camper. Congrats and enjoy !!!!
Now with Firestone AirBags
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #15

Very nice. Congrats.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #16

Congrats on the unit, very nice. I am sure your going to have years of great outings ahead with that set up.

2016 F350 PSD
2010 Jayco 30.5 RLS
Bearles is offline   Reply With Quote