Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

Led Awning lights

I have a 2014 40' Jayco Premier 5th wheel that came with led strips under the awing.
The light under the rear awing started to dim and went out. The other strips are OK The fuses are good. I don't have any wiring diagrams other than the switch on the control panel. I'm assuming it's 12V. Any suggestions
Bobbywires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbywires View Post
I have a 2014 40' Jayco Premier 5th wheel that came with led strips under the awing.
The light under the rear awing started to dim and went out. The other strips are OK The fuses are good. I don't have any wiring diagrams other than the switch on the control panel. I'm assuming it's 12V. Any suggestions
They have been known to fail and if you are still under warranty I would talk to your dealer ASAP as this should be covered for replacement.

Yes it is 12V.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #3

I have had both awning strip lights replaced on the same size trailer. One did not work the other was falling off.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #4

I know this was posted some time ago but I thought I would share anyways. LED light strips are dirt cheap nowadays. I bought several of them for different projects (kitchen cabinet under light, top of cabinet effects etc.) One 16' strip is enough to span the entire length of my awning. The LED strips are waterproof, come with 3M adhesive backing, multi function remote with dimming in virtually any color, on/off, pre-programmed scenes. Comes with 16ft weatherproof LED strip, controller, remote. I wire a fuse inline and into the trailer porch light. I have not wired this in just yet (hopefully this weekend) but a $10.99 on Amazon, cant go wrong. I have had these in my kitchen since December 2015 and used every day with no issues.

When I receive these lights, I run them full bright (all colors,RGBW) for 24 hours straight. I recommend adding a inline fuse from the controller to the power supply for safety (2A).

When I have time and can remember it, I will shoot some pics and post them.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #5

This issue sounds like a light strip issue, but thought I would throw this little tidbit out there just in case. I wanted to separate the front brow lights from my awning light strip on my 2016 293 RKDS. So I found where the awning light wire came into the camper. It was in back of the lower bedroom dresser drawer. The wires from the panel switch ran to the brows first and then fed to the awning, so I pulled a new wire through the basement from the switch panel to the dresser point where the wires went to the awning. Then when I was pulling the original wiring from the wall to cut and tap new one in to, OUT COMES A INLINE FUSE HOLDER!!! They had buried it where no one would have ever been able to locate it, unbelievable! I moved the fuse to the switch panel for the new wiring.
ExChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExChief View Post
This issue sounds like a light strip issue, but thought I would throw this little tidbit out there just in case. I wanted to separate the front brow lights from my awning light strip on my 2016 293 RKDS. So I found where the awning light wire came into the camper. It was in back of the lower bedroom dresser drawer. The wires from the panel switch ran to the brows first and then fed to the awning, so I pulled a new wire through the basement from the switch panel to the dresser point where the wires went to the awning. Then when I was pulling the original wiring from the wall to cut and tap new one in to, OUT COMES A INLINE FUSE HOLDER!!! They had buried it where no one would have ever been able to locate it, unbelievable! I moved the fuse to the switch panel for the new wiring.
Chief, maybe you should start a new thread titled Eagle LED strip mod, or something like that.
Probably everyone with a 2016 Eagle 5er would like their front stip on a seperate switch.
You hold the plan to make it more painless for the less savvy folk that need help.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote