Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #1

Lippert 4 point level system

I have the Lippert 4 point electric leveling system. When I try to auto level it never stops and says success. It will continue to analyze and slowly lift each leg. I can stop it and look at level, when I do it shows it us level front to back AND side to side, why can't the system sense this and stop trying to level. Is there someplace I can take the sensitivity a little lower?
snickers104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #2

It takes a long time for auto level to work. How long are you giving it?
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #3

It will go and keep going until the tires are lifted....
Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #4

It does lift tires off ground. Usually with mine it grounds all jacks then goes front, back, then front and back again, then lowers the middle jacks (I have the 6 point system) and then goes all the way around one more time and then displays success. Takes approx 5 to 8 minutes. I love the concept but execution is awful. I hold my breath every time I use the darn thing. If you have a smart phone LCI has an app and you can access trouble shooting and manuals. I don't know if there is a sensitivity adjustment or not.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #5

I don't feel comfortable lifting my 5ver's tires off the ground. Don't think it should work that way.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #6

It's designed to do that. You may just want to not use it then. Motor coaches get lifted off the ground by jacks when leveling.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #7

Dont know.....I agree motor homes get lifted, but I'm sitting on a pretty level concrete site and it tries to lift the tires......when I stopped it, it showed level, before the tires came off the ground. If I didn't stop it, it would have lifted all tires.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #8
jtw

You may have to reset the auto leveler, put a level inside on the kitchen floor, manually level your camper the following is Lipperts zero leveling procedure
1. Turn on/off button off
2. Push front button 10 times
3. Push rear button 10 times
4. To memorize this level condition press enter
5. unit should say level set (or something like that)
6. The controller will then turn off
If you have a smart phone get the free Lippert app and it will tell you everything you need to know
Old 05-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #9

Thanks....will get the app and try this
Old 05-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #10

My advice is call your dealer and have them check it out for you. Peace of mind anyway. I'd also review Lipperts web site. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #11

Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #12

Mine has tried to lift the wheels and has a few times. When I bring it back to the dealer for punch list I will have them zero it. Have you tried it from the remote? I have been wanting to, but like you am a bit nervous of how hi it might go!
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRed View Post
Mine has tried to lift the wheels and has a few times. When I bring it back to the dealer for punch list I will have them zero it. Have you tried it from the remote? I have been wanting to, but like you am a bit nervous of how hi it might go!
My system does not try to lift the wheels off the ground and I do not believe the Lippert electric system is designed to raise the unit, only to level it. It always completes its levelling cycle in under a minute.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #14

unless you are leveling your rig with blocks under the wheels, the leveling system must lift at least one side of your trailers wheels off the ground or it would never level. The system is not made of stabilizing jacks on four corners, it is designed to lift and level.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
unless you are leveling your rig with blocks under the wheels, the leveling system must lift at least one side of your trailers wheels off the ground or it would never level. The system is not made of stabilizing jacks on four corners, it is designed to lift and level.
I have the ground control 2.0 system on my unit and I auto levelled it and all four tires are on the ground here on my seasonal site in WV. On the way to GA the two wheels on the door side were off the ground and the two wheels on the curb side remained on the ground in a site in SC. While in GA for the winter on the first site all four wheels were off the ground. So it depends on the site if any wheels come off the ground. The more level the site the less likely for the wheels to leave the ground. The Lippert manual says no wheels sound be off the ground. My selling dealer said it was fine for all four wheels to be off the ground. So I guess it is a matter of picking your poison.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk