Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #1

Lippert Linc Quick Camp Remote - DOA

When we picked up our '17 28.5BHXB last weekend, the walk-through went fine, until the tech went to show us the operation of the Lippert Quick Camp remote, to control the slides, etc.

Even though the remote had been plugged in/ fully charged, it was completely dead. Also tried operating it (w/ charger plugged in) with two different chargers, no dice.

So, the dealer is ordering us a new remote, which should show up in a week or so.

The tech explained that the "pairing" process of mating up a new remote, involves gaining physical access to the control/receiver module, which is located behind the back wall of the kitchen cabinet, adjacent to the entry door. (four screws to remove the panel).

I really would like to avoid taking the trailer back to the dealer 60 miles away for this "pairing" process, I am certain that I am capable of doing this myself, with the proper instruction. (But, I could not find any of this topic covered, in the Lippert manual for the Quick Camp system). The tech said that "Yeah, you will have to call Lippert, and they will walk you through it"...Not exactly confidence-inspiring....

So, has anyone here been through the process of replacing a Quick Camp remote? Other than "pairing" it to the receiver, do you also have to re-program anything, or, does all of that configuration info reside in the receiver/control module?
Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #2

Just paired mine, the remote was mia when I picked up my camper, its as simple as pushing the sync button on the remote and pressing the button on the receiver. You can find instructions on the internet. (Google lippert sync) there are a couple of sites that I found that had pictures that walk you right through it. If you have the auto level system on your rig that requires an extra set up, also found from google, if I can find the sites I used I will post them for you. As far as configuring it's just a matter of figuring out which command works which function (kinda hard to explain you label the buttons but the first button is going to operate what ever function is wired into the #1 slot on the controller so you have to match your label to the predetermined function)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #3

Thanks Hoppy! I understand what you are saying, makes sense. I don't have auto-leveling on my unit so, its just the slides and lighting I guess. Hopefully Jayco will have labeled what functions (wires) are connected to each port, on the control unit....
Old 10-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #4

Mine were labeled on the controller, even if they are not its as simple as pushing the button and see what slide operates. (Awning, outside light).

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0307.pdf
This is good for pictures, but do not start out at the top of the instruction sheet, you have to do the configuration before setting your pin, or you will spend hours scanning the internet trying to figure out how to get back to config. screen. (Don't ask how I know this) That's when you find this site
https://www.etrailer.com/question-139422.html

This one has a good write up to compliment the pictures from lippert.
Hope this helps. Good luck