Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
TLG

Location of slide over controller

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36FBTS. Among a host of other issues, last trip had trouble getting the large kitchen slide with refrigerator in. This is a schwentick slide. I can't locate the over ride controller for the slide. There is one in the storage compartment directly under the bedroom, but I assume it's for the bedroom slide. Anyone with this unit know where the other controller is located? Thanks, Tom
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

I have a 2017 FBTS and have a controller in the cabinet inside the half bath. I just assume that is for the refrigerator slide. I too have one under the bedroom in the basement.
JeffPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
TLG

Thanks. Thats where its at. Not sure I would have ever found that sucker unless I fell of the commode. Last trip I noticed the slide had torn a piece of the rubber seal on the bottom. Also, had trouble getting the slide in. We ve had numerous rv s over the years, and they ve all had issues, but this one is really starting to be a pain. Seems like every trip a new issues comes up.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #4

Pinnacle 36FBTS Main Slide Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLG View Post
Thanks. Thats where its at. Not sure I would have ever found that sucker unless I fell of the commode. Last trip I noticed the slide had torn a piece of the rubber seal on the bottom. Also, had trouble getting the slide in. We ve had numerous rv s over the years, and they ve all had issues, but this one is really starting to be a pain. Seems like every trip a new issues comes up.
Did you do any override of the controller to get the slide in? We cannot get the same slide to go out. It is now crooked and will not move.
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
TLG

The controller should be flashing a code. If i remember right, the instruction for over riding it are on the controller.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #6

I have 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA with Schwentick slides. I would assume our controllers are the same. I found the information on the controller and error codes that was included in my Jayco RV pouch to be useless. If you go to Schwentick's website, you get a more complete manual on the controllers and how to troubleshoot issues. I believe you slide operates on 2 motors (1 on each side of the room) and both motors are controlled by the same controller. There are several possibilities that can cause the sides to not be synchronized. The trouble shooting guide will help with that. One thing you want to check on the controller if you have been pushing the reset button. There are 2 small dip switches just above the reset button. This dip switches control the direction of the slide motors (forward and reverse) They should be set the same. You may have accidently moved one of the switches when pressing the reset button. I had this happen on mine which caused one side to go out while the other came in and it would get stuck and not go all the way out or all the way in. I had to play with the extend/retract operation to get the sides at approximately the same position and then correct the position of the dip switch. Once the dip switches are in the right position, you need to run the slide all the way out until the motor stops and then all the way in until the motor stops so the synchronization of the motors will be reset.
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #7

Hope this helps.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...-schwintek.pdf

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote