Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 08:48 AM   #1

Looking at 377 rlbh

First post, it looks like a very active forum which is nice to see. I already have seen a lot of helpful info.
We are currently looking at the 377 rlbh, we were set on the OR 376 fbh, however our kids happen to walk in to the Jayco while we were at the dealer and showed us it and we like the layout much better.
I have read all that I could find on here and saw some of the issues.
My question is for those of you that have purchased or are in negotiations, what are you able to get them down to in price, disregarding the trade in. The marked price at the dealer here was 66k. I just wonder how much I should negotiate down to.
Also, I see the issues with the auto level. Coming from a 38' toyhauler with just electric jacks in front and crank in the rear, it seems like people are expecting an auto-level like a Class A that will lift it off the ground. I see it as a convenience of not having to hold a button or crank down the jacks but still having to level side to side. Now I haven't used them yet and maybe I will be on here ranting too.
Thanks for the help.
jammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:22 AM   #2

Just purchased the 377rlbh last week. The floor plan is wonderful. That price is about the going rate I have seen. You may get to haggle a little but I would not expect too much. This is a desirable floor plan and the inventory isn't all that great yet. The leveling system on mine went out immediately on our return home from the dealer so needless to say that system does not impress. Love the looks and the floor plan so I will work through the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 pains I guess. I was aware it was an issue going into this so I'm not surprised. I was told they have a TSB on how to fix many issues with this system, I have no idea why they don't just issue a recall and fix them all. If you have any other questions I would be happy to help you! Good luck and we will see you on the road!
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
Just purchased the 377rlbh last week. The floor plan is wonderful. That price is about the going rate I have seen. You may get to haggle a little but I would not expect too much. This is a desirable floor plan and the inventory isn't all that great yet. The leveling system on mine went out immediately on our return home from the dealer so needless to say that system does not impress. Love the looks and the floor plan so I will work through the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 pains I guess. I was aware it was an issue going into this so I'm not surprised. I was told they have a TSB on how to fix many issues with this system, I have no idea why they don't just issue a recall and fix them all. If you have any other questions I would be happy to help you! Good luck and we will see you on the road!
Thanks for the info. If you find the TSB can you forward it here? Also, I noticed as I was looking at lists of packages that many of them came with a safe and remote control for awning, level up, etc.. Did yours come with these options. I didn't check when we looked at our local dealer.
jammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammis View Post
Also, I noticed as I was looking at lists of packages that many of them came with a safe and remote control for awning, level up, etc.. Did yours come with these options.
Yes ours has all of those. I think that stuff is all part of the mandatory packages every one comes through with. If you go to the Jayco website and click price and build the Northpoint, Luxury and some other package automatically is selected. That TSB is just rumor I've heard on the forums, I haven't talked to my service advisor yet but will let you know what I find out.
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:02 AM   #5

Check rv direct. I got a quote for about 57k.
Cgelmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 AM   #6

Welcome to JOF!

Not quite an apples to apples comparison as it's Eagle vs. North Point, but we recently ordered an Eagle 323LKTS that listed for a similar price as the unit you're looking at, and we were able to get the dealer to come down about 20%. They also included a 16k Reese hitch as a "trade" for our current hitch.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
Do you by any chance know the length and width of the sofa bed in the mid bunk room when it is fully open to be used as a bed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #8

We just picked up our new 377 RLBH last week and we're loving it so far! No issues with auto-level (yet). Only issue so far is one of the footrests on the theater seating chairs won't stay in, but I haven't looked at it deeper yet.
I'm a pretty intense negotiator and got a full 40% off MSRP for our unit, configured as we wanted (we ordered it to our configuration). PM me if you want further details on our configuration, how we negotiated, and where we ended up buying from.
A couple things I will say that really stand out so far is the heat pump, fireplace and how quickly the coach heats up and stays warm. We were not all that excited about the fireplace at first, but now that we have it and use it we LOVE it! It's attractive but also kicks out the heat.
The heat pump - wow - it's a very inexpensive option to add it (less than $300) and it's AMAZING! I can't believe how much heat it kicks out and how fast the coach heats up. Weather so far has been in the low 40's - upper 60's and it's been very comfortable in here at the low temps. So far I'm a believer in the Jayco Climate Shield. Hands down I recommend getting the heat pump option.
Feel free to PM me with any 377 RLBH questions on our experience with it so far.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgelmini View Post
Check rv direct. I got a quote for about 57k.
I used a quote from RV direct to land our 38FLSA for about 60% of MSRP.

A great tool for those looking to buy, I wouldnt buy from RV direct, I certainly did use them as a negotiating tool to get the best price on our wonderful Jayco 5'er.

Ours booked at just over 103K MSRP.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post
I used a quote from RV direct to land our 38FLSA for about 60% of MSRP.

A great tool for those looking to buy, I wouldnt buy from RV direct, I certainly did use them as a negotiating tool to get the best price on our wonderful Jayco 5'er.

Ours booked at just over 103K MSRP.
That's the exact strategy I used and ended up at 40% off MSRP as well. Some dealers will play ball, some won't, but it's worth it to play the game.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddirkse View Post
That's the exact strategy I used and ended up at 40% off MSRP as well. Some dealers will play ball, some won't, but it's worth it to play the game.
We found that most of the dealers we talked with would play ball, the ones that did't we just dropped from our list of perspective purchase points.

We started with 10 or so dealers, and ended up with 2 that then competed to get our business.

Not a short, or easy process, but totally worth saving over 40K on the FW.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote