Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #41

Well worth the trip. They take you on a tour of the factory from start to finish and when you get done you can check out the ones they have on display .
If it wasn't so far from NY I would do it all over again.
We love Jayco, we have a Eagle 27.5 HT 5th wheel and went cross country with it from April through May of this year, almost 7000 miles and no problems at all .
HUNTER9776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:03 AM   #42

We did the Open Range Factory Tour on 6/30 and the Jayco Factory Tour just this Monday. Both were fantastic. Open Range is in Shipshewana and does their tours Tues/Wed @ 3pm while Jayco does theirs Mon-Thurs @ noon in Middlebury about 8-10 miles away. You could easily schedule both in one day so you can do a fresh comparison. Just be sure to call Open Range to schedule your tour as they require advanced notice. You don't HAVE to call Jayco to schedule, but be aware that they use a trolley to transport guests to the factory and once trolley seats are spoken for, the tour is full for the day so it may be a good idea if you're making the day trip.

We've found pros/cons to both compared to one another but we're leaning toward the North Point 377RLMB simply because Open Range doesn't have that floorplan currently.

As stated, they have 1 of each line (towable) on display right at the Jayco Visitor Center. Also the front desk was very helpful with providing us with paperwork, given the North Point brochures weren't available at the time.

I have a personal preference for the Long bed, but that's just that. A personal preference. If the truck can handle the load, pick whatever floats your boat.

Good luck and Happy Campin!
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk peach View Post
Thank you so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated. This is such a big decision as you know. I am excited to switch to a 5r. I was nervous at first but everyone has told me that if I can pull a 34ft tt behind a 2500 Suburban. With the hitching in between. I can pull a 5r. I am a women and usually travel alone with my dogs. So I want the safest set up. So besides picking the trailer I also had to pick a new tow vechile. Ugh! Nail biting! To say the least.
I went from a 31RKS Jay Flight G2 to 36REQS and I will guarantee I will never go back to a TT. In my business, I've worked with many RV's on the Television and Satellite side and that is why I've bought Jayco. I know their are a lot on here that would disagree, but I converted my Pinnacle's pin box to a Goose-Box and I will never own another fifth wheel hitch. I have a long bed, crew cab Chevy 3500 dually and some spots in the campground I mainly visit are a little tight with the long, long truck, so the long bed is a necessity with my setup to being able to jackknife the rig if need be.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #44

fridge problems

First weekend out in our pinnacle and the fridge is down. 23 ft side by side Frigidaire showing 5y ce error code. Anything I can do or does anyone know a appliance guy in west tn/ky?
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #45

We just went from motorhome to a fifth just this spring. Went with jayco because couldn't find any bunk houses that we liked except for the jayco. Plus our motorhome was a jayco and had no very little problems little.
bluesquiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 AM   #46

Ordered truck last week! Ordered Chevy Silverado 3500HD 4x4 Crew cab. Standard bed. Diesel High Country. Can't wait to get it. Nervous. A lot of truck for a 5'2" women. Lol. Currently drive a 2500 Suburban.
Punk peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #47

Congrats on ordering the new truck. Nice choice. I'm sure you'll do fine handling it.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
First weekend out in our pinnacle and the fridge is down. 23 ft side by side Frigidaire showing 5y ce error code. Anything I can do or does anyone know a appliance guy in west tn/ky?
This sounds like one of the residential fridges. I did a google search and found this:
SY CE error

Good luck!
The internet is your friend (sometimes).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #49

Punk Peach, Congrats on the new truck and shouldn't be any problem for you. My dad always told me dynamite comes in small packages.

Deb, Dan & Missy (mixed breed rescue dog)
2015 Eagle Touring 28.5RKDS
1995 Ford Diesel
LoveCamping58 is offline   Reply With Quote