Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #1

Looking at Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel

We are looking to upgrade our 5th wheel for retirement. Looking very seiously at the Pinnacle. Would appreciate any comments about this camper from owners. Thank you.
murray5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum! I haven't owned a Pinnacle but I do own an Eagle FW and I love it. I have owned other brands but came back to Jayco for several reasons. The Pinnacle is their top of the line towable and I am sure a wonderful trailer. If I were looking for a full time trailer tomorrow for retirement it's probably the only trailer line I'd look at. Good luck in your hunt!
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #3

Ordered the 38FLSA at the end of July and took the plant tour on Tuesday and we are looking forward to it's arrival. DW fell in love with the floor plan as soon as she walked in which was the same thing that happened when she went in our 08 SENECA. We looked at the 2015 SENECA and that "wow' factor wasn't there.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Ordered the 38FLSA at the end of July and took the plant tour on Tuesday and we are looking forward to it's arrival. DW fell in love with the floor plan as soon as she walked in which was the same thing that happened when she went in our 08 SENECA. We looked at the 2015 SENECA and that "wow' factor wasn't there.

Good luck.
thanks for the info Grumpy. (that sounds like my Hubby too!!!) I was looking at pictures of the 38FLSA, and the 38FLFS. Haven't seen either in person. We have a small Jayce dealership in our area. Not sure what they will have in stock. Yours is the one with the stadium seats in the front living room? Is the furniture comfortable? We went to a larger dealership (not Jayco) some seate and couches are very comfy. some are like sitting on a board with covering.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #5

All the furniture was very comfy and the theater seats are also recliners. That was one thing that negated the SENECAS no more recliners in any of the models. We opted for the queen bed option as well since that is what we have at home. It gives you more room to make the bed and also get in and out.

Here's a link to the one our dealer had on the lot so there are more pictures than what JAYCO shows. We would have bought this one but I wanted the gen option and this didn't have the prep.

http://www.colerainrv.com/rv/dayton+...innacle+38flsa
Old 09-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #6

We have the 2013 Pinnacle REQS. No major complaints thus far. We found the 2 recliners to be too big and clumsy and 1 was located where if you sat in it you couldn't see the TV screen. So we got rid of them and put 1 EURO recliner in their place and used the additional space for some storage shelves. We felt with the large couch, the EURO recliner and the 4 dining room table chairs, the 2 recliners wouldn't be missed. We were right.
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Ruth View Post
We have the 2013 Pinnacle REQS. No major complaints thus far. We found the 2 recliners to be too big and clumsy and 1 was located where if you sat in it you couldn't see the TV screen. So we got rid of them and put 1 EURO recliner in their place and used the additional space for some storage shelves. We felt with the large couch, the EURO recliner and the 4 dining room table chairs, the 2 recliners wouldn't be missed. We were right.
Have the same rig,The EURO recliner sounds like a good idea. Put about 6,000 miles on last winter . Watch the two long hanging lights the thumb screw at the top can come loose and swing together. $65 each to replace. I ended up putting blue lock tite to hold them in . Overall good sound rig!
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #8

We have taken ours to Florida and spent the summer in Alaska last summer in it having put over 20K on it. The only issues we've experienced is having a slide seal adjusted (dealer) as was leaking and having to repair the street side front landing gear (self- was to far from a dealer). The amenities of the Pinnacle along with our Directv make it a very nice home away from home!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #9

Thinking ahead to retirement and upgrading from my Eagle, which we love, to the Pinnacle. Like the 36 FBTS. But curious as to the differences in quality and materials. Interested in your thoughts and experiences. Thanks all.

FireCapt564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #10

We have a 2013 Pinnacle 38FLFS, it is a great 5th wheel. Having the living room up front is really different and I like the extra room. I also like the rear bedroom, which is also pretty big. One thing to watch, it has fairly heavy pin, I had to move up from a Ram 2500 to a 3500 DRW. But it pulls great.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #11

Quote:
All the furniture was very comfy and the theater seats are also recliners. That was one thing that negated the SENECAS no more recliners in any of the models. We opted for the queen bed option as well since that is what we have at home. It gives you more room to make the bed and also get in and out.

Here's a link to the one our dealer had on the lot so there are more pictures than what JAYCO shows. We would have bought this one but I wanted the gen option and this didn't have the prep.

http://www.colerainrv.com/rv/dayton+...innacle+38flsa
I have noticed that what my hubby calls the basement. Outside storage is not as big as some. Do you think it will be big enough to hold folding chairs and such??? Also, it looks like there is a tv jack in the corner of the hutch, I hope I am right about this since breakfast is my time to watch the news. Do you know for sure about this?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #12

There is room for folding chairs, that compartment is approximately 24" wide and 36" to 40" tall. If you don't go for the geny there is the large storage area in the front as well. Also there is a antenna jack and 110v plug in the kitchen hutch.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
There is room for folding chairs, that compartment is approximately 24" wide and 36" to 40" tall. If you don't go for the geny there is the large storage area in the front as well. Also there is a antenna jack and 110v plug in the kitchen hutch.
Thank you very much for the information. We drove to Columbus yesterday. Dealership had a pinnacle. But not the one that we would want to order. Very impressed with what we saw. Congratulations with your purchase. Keep us informed. We will probably order for an early spring delivery.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #14

Grumpy,

How long ago did you order? We placed our order for a 38FLSA on August 2nd, and were just informed it could be pushed back until the middle of Oct. Jayco is siting the full body paint option as the delay. Any input?
Fitter48093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #15

Our order went in July 31 and I have not gotten a delivery date, but actually we're in no hurry since we are also waiting on the truck we ordered which will be produced on 9/15, We were just at the plant on Tues and they started a PINNCALE run and they have another run scheduled to start on the 11th. We did not order the paint, but it could very well be the problem. Jayco recently bought the company that did their painting and with the volume of MH's (ENTEGRA's in particular) they could be backed up. Not sure how many days they run one model, but they average 10 units per day and that incudes the overlap of models. I did not see any "pre body paint" units waiting, They may be making an entire run at one time since they all get primed (grey) front caps and not the gel coat version.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #16

Thank you for the reply, Hopefully it will get here in time to make a trip or two. We just picked up our new truck a few weeks back.
Fitter48093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 AM   #17

We have a 2011 Pinnacle 35 LKTS and love it. No issues with ours except we need to use it more.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #18

As most brand new rigs there will probably be some issues...ours was no exception. Jayco warranty is outstanding and they are quick to react.

We love our floorplan as we travel about 10 months of the year and storage was a high priority especially since the wife crafts and brings along a lot of 'tools'. Pantry is awesome and sealed the deal.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #19

We bought the 2015 Pinnacle 31RETS and we love it. Lots of space and my wife loves the counter space.
2014 Dodge Ram 2500, Diesel

TEBechtold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #20

If anyone is looking for a good deal on the Pinnacle, look at Camping world's supply in Byron, GA. We are at the Good Sam Samboree in Perry, GA and they have a display Set up. Camping world has a 2013 left over that the price is cut close to 50%. I think it was marked down to around $44,000. That is quite a discount from around $75,000. Could have my numbers wrong but check them out online.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote