Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #1

Looking for feedback on a new unit...

Hello all, I haven't been here in about a year because the husband found a fifth wheel he just had to have, the bad part......its a 2013 Keystone Cougar! so we traded my beloved Jayco in for it. He liked the floorplan because it had a 2nd bathroom and at the time Jayco didn't have a model with that, but now they do! yay! so I'm trying to talk him into trading the Cougar for a 2014 Jayco Eagle 34.5BHTS......so I'm looking for any input anyone might have good, bad, or otherwise on this model. One of my key points in trying to get him to trade is that Keystone only offers a 1yr. warranty and it is up in July so going back to a Jayco, (which we've had 3 of before and loved!) will give us a 2 yr warranty, and in comparing our rig to the Jayco it just doesn't stand up to the quality.....so wish me luck maybe if I get good feedback I'll get him convinced!.............Thank You!

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 (gas)
2013 Keystone Cougar (for now )
elstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #2

Wishing you luck convincing him to go back to Jayco !!!!

Yep, I would agree the Jayco Eagle is a better RV than the Cougar.

Better warranty, better construction, better craftsmanship, better RV IMHO !!!!!
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #3

Hello. Glad to hear you're looking at the same model I just purchased. I posted many pics in the pics forum. Please view them and if you have any questions, message me. We just took our first outing and love it. This is our fourth trailer and I have no regrets. Just tell your husband OUTDOOR KITCHEN!! He will be hooked.
Tgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #4

Good luck to the OP in convincing the DH to come back to Jayco.

Oh...any questions should be put up here, thats what these Forums are for, and not behind the scenes. That way other people can learn also.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #5

Keystone?.......(I'm just kidding)

It's all camping....
Attached Images

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #6

I know right! we started with a 1974 Jayco pup, then a 2010 Jayco pup, then a 2011 Jayco Hybrid 23j, and when I thought we were gonna trade to a Jayco Eagle....he found this dumb Cougar. It is all camping but I really liked all of our Jayco's better......I've sent for some booklets on a few diff. models, he's starting to come around, now he thinks he wants a Seismic so when we retire we can take the golf cart with.....sounds good to me as long as we go back to Jayco.....
elstonian is offline   Reply With Quote