Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

Low point drain question

New to this forum and to the Jayco community. This is our third camper but first fifth wheel. It's an 2014 Eagle 31.5 RLTS. Inside the compartment with the 3 drain levers is a panel marked "low point drain". Behind that panel I found nothing. Do I need to look further? Below the bathroom is 2 drain pipes without any caps or shut offs. Also, below the port side slide out is another 2, what appear to be drain hoses but they don't have caps or shut offs either. What are they? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

First of all, welcome to the JOF!. The drain pipes below the port side slideout might be overflow tubes for your fresh water tank. The two under your bath might be low point drain tubes. The actual valves to open or close would be located under the sink at the bottom near the floor behind a panel, that was the way it was in my previous Flagstaff. If your owners manual doesn't explain it, contact Jayco as they're pretty good at getting back to you. Good luck in your hunt.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #3

On ours we have a fresh water pet cock drain underneath the rig...rear door side.

The low point drains are in our front storage area and you have to take panels off to access them.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #4

Congrats on your 31.5. I winterized mine today for the first time. Manual talked about hooking hose up to City Water connection and then inserting hose into RV antifreeze container. I tried that with no luck. Went home to sleep on it and then realized that there is an access panel at the rear of the trailer on the side of the table under the window. Slid the panel back and there is the clear winterizing tube! There is a valve to turn off the water supply and a valve to "turn on" the hose. 2 gallons later I was winterized! I did see the two low point drains near front of trailer under bathroom. I will look again under sink to see if there is a valve to turn on there to let water drain. But I feel like I am all pinked up at this point and should be safe.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas111 View Post
Congrats on your 31.5. I winterized mine today for the first time. Manual talked about hooking hose up to City Water connection and then inserting hose into RV antifreeze container. I tried that with no luck. Went home to sleep on it and then realized that there is an access panel at the rear of the trailer on the side of the table under the window. Slid the panel back and there is the clear winterizing tube! There is a valve to turn off the water supply and a valve to "turn on" the hose. 2 gallons later I was winterized! I did see the two low point drains near front of trailer under bathroom. I will look again under sink to see if there is a valve to turn on there to let water drain. But I feel like I am all pinked up at this point and should be safe.
Looks like you got it.

After draining the low points we access the area you talk about turn the valve hook up a couple of bottles of anti-freeze and get pink in all areas including the sink. We do these in sequence to make sure all areas get pink.

After all this we do put some anti-freeze directly into the potty more for seals and tank.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #6

Low point drain question

Make sure you didn't forget the hot and cold side of the outside shower!! That's an easy one to forget.
rotjovi2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #7

Did the shower last! But did remember it.
I am already waiting for Spring!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
New to this forum and to the Jayco community. This is our third camper but first fifth wheel. It's an 2014 Eagle 31.5 RLTS. Inside the compartment with the 3 drain levers is a panel marked "low point drain". Behind that panel I found nothing. Do I need to look further? Below the bathroom is 2 drain pipes without any caps or shut offs. Also, below the port side slide out is another 2, what appear to be drain hoses but they don't have caps or shut offs either. What are they? Thanks in advance for your help.
We have the same model as you but 2011. There are two pipes that are right behind the 2nd axle toward the middle of the unit. Those are over flow drains for your fresh water tanks. The pipes that are close together behind your storage are supposedly low point drains. I say supposedly because I never drain them. 2 gallons of antifreeze has always done the job of winterizing. I can winterized in less then 10 minutes without trying to drain it. We sometimes use the unit a couple of times in the winter. Winterizing is no big deal if you just pump until everything turns pink!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote