Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #1

Question Low point drains jayco 2001 model285

Hello I'm a new owner of a eagle model 285. I'm winterizing for the first time but I'm noticing something about a low point drain do I have to drain this I've been googling for info and that how I came across this site. Still can't figure it out how I'm the world do I drain it help!!!!!
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #2

You open LPD's first to empty water lines. Drain fresh water tank next. When empty, close these 3 valves and begin winterizing (compressed air to blow out lines and run rv antifreeze into all lines and drains. Would recommend you watch Youtube videos on how winterize.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #3

Okay but what do I do to get them to drain will turning the three knobs drain them or what I do drain them
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer View Post
Hello I'm a new owner of a eagle model 285. I'm winterizing for the first time but I'm noticing something about a low point drain do I have to drain this I've been googling for info and that how I came across this site. Still can't figure it out how I'm the world do I drain it help!!!!!
Are you also asking where they are? I found it odd on my 2013 Eagle that they call the fresh tank drains "low point drains", not "fresh water drain". What I would call low point drains would be at the lowest point in the plumbing system. Mine are behind a small cover in the cargo area. There are two quarter turn and pull up valves that dump whatever is remaining in the pipes onto the ground.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #5

Thanks so far the only knobs that turn are next to my hot hot water tank I still have to open my slide out to get to water pump maybe they near there
Old 10-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer View Post
Thanks so far the only knobs that turn are next to my hot hot water tank I still have to open my slide out to get to water pump maybe they near there
From what I'm told here, Jayco is very good about responding to requests for schematics, wiring and/or plumbing. Might try that route. Could need the info in the future.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #7

We have two points with "low point" drains, one at the fresh water tank and two on the passenger side of the cargo bay as noted by Cosmik. I got tired of taking the two screws out of the little panel, and trying to get them back in the same holes, so I just put two mirror hangers, little ones, on the bottom and one on the top. Now when I wish to take the panel off, I just swivel the upper hanger to the side and remove the panel. Now, we'll see how long that set-up lasts, although I did attach them with little bolts and nuts to see if I could make them last longer.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #8

In my x20e, the low point drains are located under a panel in the base of the bathroom sink cabinet.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #9

If your 285 is like my 285RKS the low point drains are located in the right foward comprtment. They are opened by pulling straight up, not by turning.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote