Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage

We finally took our Maiden Voyage this weekend in our new 2012 Jayco Eagle SL 30.5 BHLT. Overall, it was great.
We absolutely love the power awning, tons of storage inside and out, u-shaped dinette, super slide, and keyless entry. It is so roomy inside which really helped since the rain moved into the Nashville are Sunday. We were somewhat worried about the trip back to Birmingham on Monday (today) with the bad weather, however, this 5th wheel towed great - no problems in that regard.
**The biggest issue we had over the weekend was with the slide-toppers. They both held water and I had to let the slides in a couple of times to just let the water run off. I don't think that is normal. I didn't see anyone else pulling the slides in and out because of water. **
The only other issue we had was our 10 month old MinPin destroyed the screen in the door. Urrrggghhhh!!! My brand new camper. Hey, at least all he damaged was the screen. That will be easy to fix. He earned himself a ticket to his cage every time we left the camper after that.
BTW - we went to Nashville Shores just east of Nashville. If anyone would like to know about the campground and waterpark I can answer any questions.
PrellFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #2

Glad you had a good trip! Boy it was HOT in Nashville. We were there Friday and Saturday just down the road from you guys.

Would like to hear more about Nashville Shores/Waterpark - It is a 3.5 hour pull there and don't want to go if it is not good. I was going to camp in Nashville over the weekend, but the KOA was over $65 a night. I assume being right near Opryland has something to do with it.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #3

Nashville Shores

The campground was great. The office staff was very helpful. The campsites were roomy, level, and I think they all had concrete patio areas. All the sites had a fire pit. The majority of the sites had shade. There are sites directly on the lake where you could actually fish from your campsite. The bath house was clean.

The waterpark was very neat and nice. There was a lot to do. We did not eat or use the restrooms within the waterpark, so I cannot comment on that. The only issue we experience in the waterpark was the lack of enough tubes. So, just plan on renting yourself a tube ($7) to save yourself some aggravation. The waterpark was very clean and the lifeguards were very nice.

As far as cost, for the Labor Day weekend which included three nights full hook-uup camping (with cable) and two days of waterpark tickets for four people, we spent around $250. Not bad.

We will go back.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #4

That is not bad considering they wanted $65 a night at the KOA in Nashville for the same weekend. You picked a great weekend to be at the water park - it was HOT. Will put it on my list to consider. Thanks for the the review.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #5

For the screen door, I went to a glass place and had then cut a piece of smoke plexa-glass to fit. Now you don't have to worry abut the screen and yuo can keep the mail door open and still look outside. With 3 grandkids, I change many of screens until I put the flexaglass. It cost me around $100.00.Good luck
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #6

good idea about the plexi-glass - that's likely what we'll do