Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #101
Site Team

This thread is starting to become argumentative and on the verge of brand bashing. If this continues we will have to close the thread.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #102

I consider a RV purchase as a major purchase in life, so with that said, I do my homework, not only on model and quality, but the dealer is as big of a priority as the manufacturer. Maybe I am in a lucky situation by being a couple of hours from the #1 Jayco dealer in the country in Buda, TX ( outside Austin ) that has reputation that I am sure of they've earned. Not all RV dealers are good, but by no means are they all bad. Crestview in Buda has a RV Park on property that after your purchase, you stay in your rig on their property to ensure you learn your rig, and if you have any issues, they are there to service them. There are laws that insures consumers from products that don't come up to standards, with that said, if there is really that major of a problem, I cannot see Jayco not stepping in and resolving the problem. Common sense tells me that if one properly pursues the right resolutions, that a successful and major manufacturer like Jayco, would not let a problem as described linger. I see bashing in my business and it seems I am now experiencing it in my relaxing enjoyment of RV'ing!!
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
Attachment 19825

Another awesome jacyo quality item. If this were a house, I'd be pissed!

Found the front slide room not operational, after checking the switch, breakers and fuses I went to the control module under the front. Found no power or status led. Chased the jacked up, black taped mess you call a harness and found that the wire screw grommet was barely on and the power lead came disconnected.

Glad I am somewhat mechanically inclined, this could have left us stranded.

Oh and our black waste knife valve leakes. Leaving us with a lovely down poor or sewer water before connecting the drain hose.

It keeps building up... Jayco is crap. I once read an article about dealer talking how awesome jacyo is, yeah that was a dealer. I would love to see their quality control efforts. I should find out how to get on the inside and review. This is messed up. I am referring to the issue after issues.

-Brakes not properly wired
-Front slide power lead not secure
-Laminate coming up
-Side slide make horrible noise and appears to flex like crazy coming in and out
-More doors than not, shut improperly due to alignment.
-Leaking knife valve on sewer, makes a lovely mess
- huge hole that isn't sealed in the underbelly cover (makes me wonder what was fixed afterwards)

Zero effort into retaining their brand name through quality and tons of put crap on it that makes it appear awesome.

Annoying
Our units must have been built back to back on a Friday afternoon. Ours is less than a month old. We've been on 2 trips with it. Here's the list so far;

Kitchen slide in a bind, or not installed properly, daylight on 3 corners of it. With a huge gap on the bottom corner where the TV is. Continues to pop screw heads off of screws holding gutter above slide. Wall seam moves in and out when slide is used.

Toilet drain continues to stop up. Even with water only. The first unclogging produced what appeared to be construction debris.

Step leading up to bath and bedroom is loose, allowing the flooring to curl up.

Bedroom slide gasket torn on lower corner. Daylight coming in along the bottom of slide when slide is out, even where it's in 1 piece.

Shower leaks.

Leveling system not usable, LR jack quit on 1st trip.

Water heater doesn't work on LP.

Nose cap has cracks on lower corner already.

Obvious lack of insulation in nose as advertised. I can see that it isn't there because the shelving in the closet is coming apart.

I've got the same hole in the underbelly. They tried to put some sort of tape on it, and it's already coming loose.

Duct tape used on kitchen slide seal in 2 spots.

Cable TV is very fuzzy.

Water line on water pump was kinked.

Black water tank gate valve cable was in a bind and would not shut all of the way.

Kitchen sink drain leaked.

It's ridiculous. I'm waiting to find out what Jayco is willing to do. They told me that they could replace the entire side wall on the kitchen side. That's unacceptable on a brand new unit. It should have been built right in the first place. We bought a Jayco because of the name and reputation. I'm really regretting our decision at this point. If I was ok with owning something that had to be in the shop all of the time, I would have kept the motorhome that we just sold.

Very frustrating, and extremely disappointing.

2015 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Hoosier6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #104

Ours was built on a Friday...picked it up April 6th, have been on the road since.. here is our list of problems

Bed wasn't as comfortable as we liked, got a new mattress.

Very happy

2015 Jay Flight 27 RLS

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #105

We just bought 26.5 ht 5wh. 2016. And when I try the large slide it has trouble going out then pops and goes. .?? Emailed jayco this morning
Wjbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote