Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2015, 07:44 PM   #81

I apparently have not had any TV/ Satellite issues with any newer Jayco's. Never had any experience with a Primetime built unit, but I have had to do service work on KZ built rigs. I honestly cannot believe that there was such a serious problem was allowed to leave a manufacturing facility no matter who the manufacturer is. I have crawled on many different manufacturers roofs, been in many underbellies, many under body, walls and frames of many, many, many manufacturers. I can honestly say that I would never own a Heartland/ Thor built motorhome or trailer. I can honestly say I would never buy a Dutchman manufactured rig, never a Keystone built rig, never a Forest River. There is a reason I own a Jayco Pinnacle, yes it's a 2012, so I cannot be objective about the newer ones past 2014 because that is the latest year model Pinnacle I have done work on. I am going to say BS about the roof, my 2009 Jay Flight, my 2012 Pinnacle both have had a very solid roof. The factory wiring in both have been superior to any other 5th wheel, or travel trailer that I have serviced with the exception of DRV built units, but for the price difference, Jayco at least did it right, just not nearly as neat. My Pinnacle also has different colored coax for each location of TV's. The best wiring I have seen in a rig gets in a totally different category with the brand in Motor coaches like Prevost, Country Coach and Tiffin. I cannot see with the dealings that I have had with Crestview RV in Buda, TX that the problems that you guys have experienced would have ever happened at a reputable Jayco dealer. Maybe it's me, because I would rather take care of any problems with my rig, my vehicles, that I have never experienced an issue with service. It's more trouble to take it to the dealer than to spend a few minutes to repair minor issues myself. Also since mine is out of warranty, I would rather fix any minor or major problem myself than rely on an employee that is drawing a pay check that could care less about my rig. This way, I know it's done right and I don't have to worry about someone getting hurt by the job not being done properly. Also anyone with knowledge of a mass production assembly line, one would think there would be a number of the same model with the same problem built at the same time. Sound to me like something either broke, or was damaged during transportation. No matter what the problem was, the dealer you purchased it from should of replaced the unit unless they determined beyond a reasonable doubt the customer is at fault.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #82

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440351124681.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	19825

Another awesome jacyo quality item. If this were a house, I'd be pissed!

Found the front slide room not operational, after checking the switch, breakers and fuses I went to the control module under the front. Found no power or status led. Chased the jacked up, black taped mess you call a harness and found that the wire screw grommet was barely on and the power lead came disconnected.

Glad I am somewhat mechanically inclined, this could have left us stranded.

Oh and our black waste knife valve leakes. Leaving us with a lovely down poor or sewer water before connecting the drain hose.

It keeps building up... Jayco is crap. I once read an article about dealer talking how awesome jacyo is, yeah that was a dealer. I would love to see their quality control efforts. I should find out how to get on the inside and review. This is messed up. I am referring to the issue after issues.

-Brakes not properly wired
-Front slide power lead not secure
-Laminate coming up
-Side slide make horrible noise and appears to flex like crazy coming in and out
-More doors than not, shut improperly due to alignment.
-Leaking knife valve on sewer, makes a lovely mess
- huge hole that isn't sealed in the underbelly cover (makes me wonder what was fixed afterwards)

Zero effort into retaining their brand name through quality and tons of put crap on it that makes it appear awesome.

Annoying
Trackermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #83

I hope everyone that has major problems with their rig, Jayco or not, documents =everything=, with pictures, then sends the whole thing to their dealer =and= the manufacturer just before the warranty expires. Include problem, damage, DIY fixes, dealer fixes (including time to fix and dealer issues), repeat problems, incidental damage discovered after-the-fact, phone calls/letters to the dealer and the manufacture (with names, dates, etc. If you're lucky and live in a state like AZ, record the call; only 1 person needs to give permission to do so.)

I certainly hope that Jayco management has someone that monitors the various fora for stuff like this.

Lyle
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laknox View Post
i hope everyone that has major problems with their rig, jayco or not, documents =everything=, with pictures, then sends the whole thing to their dealer =and= the manufacturer just before the warranty expires. Include problem, damage, diy fixes, dealer fixes (including time to fix and dealer issues), repeat problems, incidental damage discovered after-the-fact, phone calls/letters to the dealer and the manufacture (with names, dates, etc. If you're lucky and live in a state like az, record the call; only 1 person needs to give permission to do so.)

i certainly hope that jayco management has someone that monitors the various fora for stuff like this.

Lyle
amen!
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #85

No offense, I agree with your message. But dealers are half the problem. They are like high volume and get the sale out the door. They don't check them thoroughly and I am not sure they care to anymore. Anything to save costs on labor and employees. It appears to me then do a simple quick check and not check it like an owner. And they do this sometimes one hour before you get it. To me schedule the pick ups 4 days out, go through it day 2 in case you need to correct anything. Not anymore, goal is turn around. They don't touch a thing unless you find it for them and a lot of times you have to wait for the first trip back. Which is awesome as they are usually backed up 4-6 weeks.

Owners just need to learn, do a proper inspection themselves. I myself need to take more time next time around.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
Attachment 19825

Another awesome jacyo quality item. If this were a house, I'd be pissed!

Found the front slide room not operational, after checking the switch, breakers and fuses I went to the control module under the front. Found no power or status led. Chased the jacked up, black taped mess you call a harness and found that the wire screw grommet was barely on and the power lead came disconnected.

Glad I am somewhat mechanically inclined, this could have left us stranded.

Oh and our black waste knife valve leakes. Leaving us with a lovely down poor or sewer water before connecting the drain hose.

It keeps building up... Jayco is crap. I once read an article about dealer talking how awesome jacyo is, yeah that was a dealer. I would love to see their quality control efforts. I should find out how to get on the inside and review. This is messed up. I am referring to the issue after issues.

-Brakes not properly wired
-Front slide power lead not secure
-Laminate coming up
-Side slide make horrible noise and appears to flex like crazy coming in and out
-More doors than not, shut improperly due to alignment.
-Leaking knife valve on sewer, makes a lovely mess
- huge hole that isn't sealed in the underbelly cover (makes me wonder what was fixed afterwards)

Zero effort into retaining their brand name through quality and tons of put crap on it that makes it appear awesome.

Annoying
What year and model do you have?
Old 08-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRat View Post
What year and model do you have?
Mine is a 2015 29.5 bhds, less than a month old.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #88

Manufactures are putting out units by quantity, leaving the dealers to fix issues that should never get past the assembly doors. Dealers are trying to sale unites with as little cost to them as possible, leaving the customer to find and sometimes fix manufactures problems. Placing the blame on a dealer is wrong. If the dealer service is backed up withe repairing manufactures defects the customer will suffer.

Doing a complete pre signing inspection prevents a lot of headaches, and return trips. I have always done a complete inspection and insured everything was corrected before even signing the first paper. Only once in the past four trailers did the dealer have a problem with this, causing him to lose a sale to the competitor.
notaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #89

Quality/Lack of

Look up the Jayco's video showing construction of a Jayco Jay Flight in 10.5 hours, if I recall properly. Then ask yourself about the quality.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaz3 View Post
Manufactures are putting out units by quantity, leaving the dealers to fix issues that should never get past the assembly doors. Dealers are trying to sale unites with as little cost to them as possible, leaving the customer to find and sometimes fix manufactures problems. Placing the blame on a dealer is wrong. If the dealer service is backed up withe repairing manufactures defects the customer will suffer.

Doing a complete pre signing inspection prevents a lot of headaches, and return trips. I have always done a complete inspection and insured everything was corrected before even signing the first paper. Only once in the past four trailers did the dealer have a problem with this, causing him to lose a sale to the competitor.
Fair enough, but I still believe it is a dealers responsibility to not deliver you ****. The get paid to fix warranty crap, we don't.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohok1 View Post
Look up the Jayco's video showing construction of a Jayco Jay Flight in 10.5 hours, if I recall properly. Then ask yourself about the quality.
And yet the Jayflight owners seem to be the happiest and most satisfied here on the forum with the least complaints per capita, lead all our polls in numbers owned, and Jayflights are America`s # 1 selling TT 10 years running.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #92

Quote:
No offense, I agree with your message. But dealers are half the problem. They are like high volume and get the sale out the door. They don't check them thoroughly and I am not sure they care to anymore. Anything to save costs on labor and employees. It appears to me then do a simple quick check and not check it like an owner. And they do this sometimes one hour before you get it. To me schedule the pick ups 4 days out, go through it day 2 in case you need to correct anything. Not anymore, goal is turn around. They don't touch a thing unless you find it for them and a lot of times you have to wait for the first trip back. Which is awesome as they are usually backed up 4-6 weeks.

Owners just need to learn, do a proper inspection themselves. I myself need to take more time next time around.
If a dealer has that attitude, then they =need= to get bad reviews and either clean up their act or go out of business. Yes, a dealer is likely to "get by", but we, as consumers, have to keep them on their toes, do a thorough PDI, then hold their feet to the fire to get stuff fixed or you walk on the deal, leaving them holding an RV that they may not want. I read on another forum about one couple that did their PDI over 2 days, 3 hours on each day. The dealer =thanked= them for being so thorough. It's ludicrous that the factories put out half-built crap and expect the dealers to finish it off. Now, if the =dealers= would start =refusing= to sign off on some of the junk that's delivered, it might shake the factories up and maybe that dealer might rethink carrying that line. Yes, I understand that a dealer may simply not be able to do that, either under a contract or the fact that something may be their biggest seller, but it might serve to wake up a mfr, or two.

Lyle
Old 08-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaz3 View Post

Good for you on a thorough PDI and good for you for walking on a deal.

Lyle
Old 08-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #94

Quote:
Fair enough, but I still believe it is a dealers responsibility to not deliver you ****. The get paid to fix warranty crap, we don't.
Actually, some mfrs =will= reimburse you for a minor DIY warranty fix. Was a post on rv.net not long ago about this.

Lyle
Old 08-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
And yet the Jayflight owners seem to be the happiest and most satisfied here on the forum with the least complaints per capita, lead all our polls in numbers owned, and Jayflights are America`s # 1 selling TT 10 years running.
I bought it because I beleived the same thing, however afterwards... I struggle to find any backing to such logic.

I was more sold on the name and realized the product wasn't up to par, at least not compared to what I thought it sold to me as.

I drank the kool aid, but the hardship, not many rv MFG's have a double over double. I wish they made more luxury rv for families. I expected more from a Jayco, than all these issues. What's the phrase.... Lipstick on a pig, oh but wait..they use plywood not OSB.. Cause jayco means quality... Ha, I'd like to have a talk with who made that video...
Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #96

After some initial issues, which Jayco took care of even with overnight shipping of parts, we have been virtually trouble free.

We are completely satisfied with the factory support and would not hesitate to buy another Jayco product.

Instead of jumping off the cliff show some patience and any problems will be taken care of.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
After some initial issues, which Jayco took care of even with overnight shipping of parts, we have been virtually trouble free.

We are completely satisfied with the factory support and would not hesitate to buy another Jayco product.

Instead of jumping off the cliff show some patience and any problems will be taken care of.
haha, no comment.. It's 2015, it's not hard to test what you built. Off a cliff not quite, but when RV mfg produce crap for consumers to deal with, it shows their shortcuts. I mean, I'd pay more to not have to deal with this stuff afterwards. but. Like I have time to spend two hours tracing wires cause they hacked it up, or 4 hours getting brakes fixed and almost causing an accident.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your logic when then build less than safe and quality products.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #98

Well, we picked up our 27RLS April 6th in Middlebury. It was made on a Friday for the record. We stayed two days in Middlebuty, everything worked great. We have been on road since then with zero issues. I have to wonder about some on here if they really own Jayco's or, sell another brand and come on to bash them. Also, some expectations are way to high for what your paying. I weight about 275 and have crawled around the roof several times, putting vent covers on, with not a single issue.. No where did the roof seem "soft". In fact, I was very impressed with the sealing job on the roof. So far after 150 days or so in the unit, I'm happy. We did replace the mattress which we had planned to do from the start.

Put us in the Happy Jayco Owners corner. I also toured several of the Jayco Factories, yes they can assemble a unit in a day, which is not hard when all the components are premade. Heck a high end car is assembles in hours...They are very efficient, and, quit professional. Do they make mistakes, of course who doesn't.? But I still like the 2 year warranty and yes, the SurPine 5/8" plywood floors and the wood truss roof with wood blocks in the truss's rather than a stapled on piece of tin.

Great value for the $. If your in Grand Rapids and really do have a Jayco you could easily drive to the factory in a few hours...talk to them face to face...hell take the unit with and show them what your talking about.. Have you ?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #99

Quote:
haha, no comment.. It's 2015, it's not hard to test what you built. Off a cliff not quite, but when RV mfg produce crap for consumers to deal with, it shows their shortcuts. I mean, I'd pay more to not have to deal with this stuff afterwards. but. Like I have time to spend two hours tracing wires cause they hacked it up, or 4 hours getting brakes fixed and almost causing an accident.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your logic when then build less than safe and quality products.
Well...according to your profile and signature you don't even own a Jayco product or any other for that matter...maybe I missed it.

The 2 year warranty by Jayco is one of the best in the industry and I used it early on to my complete satisfaction...haven't had to use it since early on.

I know many that have had problems but don't post on the Internet because the factory has taken care of any problems.

With that Jayco, IMHO, offers a safe and quality product that they stand behind and go out of their way to satisfy their customers.

That's the logic!!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:54 AM   #100

I am sure there are happy customers and others not quite so. I started this frustration due to the brakes and unsafe delivered nature of the RV. The other items, sure are subjective, but used this to compare my experiences with others I've owned.

To think I would come on here and rant, would assume I'm such a fanboy of another. Not so, maybe it's your dillusion of thinking these problems don't exist.

The second time I added input was after the faulty wiring. Which I showed a pic of. I'd those two items (I don't care what you say, should not be issues) were not to exist, I might not have been frustrated and left it alone.

But to think I was sold a trailer as jayco was quality, joke.

I wish that I were one of the happy ones that are on here.