Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #2621

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRVoyagers View Post
Just curious if anyone has done any mods to the dimmer switch in the master bedroom slide? That dang thing has the brightest little LED light that is positioned so that it shines right in my eye. Not sure how the thing comes off where I could disable the LED or cover the hole from the inside.
Black electrical tape. Still functions the same. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever invented.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #2622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_low View Post
Black electrical tape. Still functions the same. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever invented.
Where did you put it - on the outside or in the inside? I would prefer to put it inside if at all possible but not sure how to open that switch up (don't want to accidentally rip it off the wall).

How are you liking your 2019? So far I am loving mine but have had weird issues with both AC's.

Master the compressor got stuck on when the thermostat was set to off. Noticed about 8 hours after I had set the thing to off that when I entered the room I could hear the compressor still humming away but no fan and the coils were covered in about a 1/2 inch of ice. Had to shut it off at the circuit breaker and let the thing thaw out and have not had an issue since, but still do not know why the freeze sensor did nothing/why the compressor was stuck on.

Today the main living AC is cycling on and off like crazy and it sounds like the compressor is knocking with each start and stop - switched it to fan only for a bit and will see if the issue comes back later after giving it a break/wondering if it is frozen up since it has been a hot and humid couple of days.

Also, I was looking around mine today and noticed light coming up from the rear lower corner behind the kitchen slide - back by the couch down where the floor meets the wall behind the slide trim there is a hole with a wire going through it. Does yours have the same? Mine is big enough that I could probably fit another 2 wires through it. I am not sure how I am going to fill the hole as it also happens to be where the cable has a connector right before the wire comes to the outside underneath so obviously it will need some play later if needed.
WeRVoyagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #2623

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRVoyagers View Post
Where did you put it - on the outside or in the inside? I would prefer to put it inside if at all possible but not sure how to open that switch up (don't want to accidentally rip it off the wall).

How are you liking your 2019? So far I am loving mine but have had weird issues with both AC's.

Master the compressor got stuck on when the thermostat was set to off. Noticed about 8 hours after I had set the thing to off that when I entered the room I could hear the compressor still humming away but no fan and the coils were covered in about a 1/2 inch of ice. Had to shut it off at the circuit breaker and let the thing thaw out and have not had an issue since, but still do not know why the freeze sensor did nothing/why the compressor was stuck on.

Today the main living AC is cycling on and off like crazy and it sounds like the compressor is knocking with each start and stop - switched it to fan only for a bit and will see if the issue comes back later after giving it a break/wondering if it is frozen up since it has been a hot and humid couple of days.

Also, I was looking around mine today and noticed light coming up from the rear lower corner behind the kitchen slide - back by the couch down where the floor meets the wall behind the slide trim there is a hole with a wire going through it. Does yours have the same? Mine is big enough that I could probably fit another 2 wires through it. I am not sure how I am going to fill the hole as it also happens to be where the cable has a connector right before the wire comes to the outside underneath so obviously it will need some play later if needed.
I just put a small strip on the outside. Can't see it unless you are right up on it. My biggest complaint so far is that I don't get to use it enough. Seems like our summer schedule is busier than the school year. I haven't noticed any daylight under any of the slides and I checked it out really good after our first long pull. The biggest (only, really) gripe I have is that the carpet from the dinette slide has rubbed the finish off the base of the island where it makes contact.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #2624

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Yes thanks is that 3k on a one ton truck? Bet it rides nice all hooked up!
Yes, '17 Chev 3500HD CC SB SRW. Switched from a '11 F350 CC LB DRW last fall. Chev sits flat, Ford was tail down when hooked. Chev out tows the Ford and I only have the occasional rear end squirm when behind a dirty trailer (car hauler, tanker) and it may be more the tires than the SRW.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #2625

Battery Box

Just wanted to suggest that y’all check your battery boxes...I had 3 12volts on the upper shelf, which collapsed on me on our last trip. I finally got in there today and ripped out what was left of that shelf. Many of the rivets were corroded with rust causing it to fail. I have AGM batteries, so never had a battery leak or spill over. So I couldn’t tell you what the cause was...nothing else has rust, just where the rivets were?? Here’s the pic of the after.
Attached Thumbnails
4C941D22-BF03-4171-ADB4-FBC80598852B.jpg  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #2626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Just wanted to suggest that y’all check your battery boxes...I had 3 12volts on the upper shelf, which collapsed on me on our last trip. I finally got in there today and ripped out what was left of that shelf. Many of the rivets were corroded with rust causing it to fail. I have AGM batteries, so never had a battery leak or spill over. So I couldn’t tell you what the cause was...nothing else has rust, just where the rivets were?? Here’s the pic of the after.
My batteries sit on the bottom of the battery compartment. The shelf above the batteries couldn't hold the weight of one battery.........very flimsy.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:27 PM   #2627

Somebody here had 3 batteries on each shelf. I forget who now.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Somebody here had 3 batteries on each shelf. I forget who now.

I think he was from Canada and had a lot of solar.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #2629

I only have two.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #2630

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I only have two.

Lol! I think it was Tiju??

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:37 AM   #2631

Quote:
Different model but my top battery tray was tearing at both front corners. I bent it back into shape and made a brace out of aluminum angle and have it pop riveted into place.
Bouncing down the road and me lugging the battery in/out has taken its toll. Root cause is flimsy materials.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Different model but my top battery tray was tearing at both front corners. I bent it back into shape and made a brace out of aluminum angle and have it pop riveted into place.

Bouncing down the road and me lugging the battery in/out has taken its toll. Root cause is flimsy materials.

Oh, I definitely agree that it’s flimsy material...I just don’t understand the cause for the rust.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:40 AM   #2633

Quote:
Oh, I definitely agree that it’s flimsy material...I just don’t understand the cause for the rust.
I would think the combination of acidic fumes from the charging battery and road moisture that can come up through the bottom would cause rust. I took the shelf out of mine and put in a wooden floor to use it as storage. My shelf was spot welded and even though it is galvanized metal it still had some slight rust at the welds.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #2634

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Dan, your batteries look perty there, wired exactly like my three. However, I’ve never seen black cables used for positive, nor white cables used for negative. Is that from the factory or dealer?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #2635

Mine are black and white too.
I have no red
Old 08-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #2636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Dan, your batteries look perty there, wired exactly like my three. However, I’ve never seen black cables used for positive, nor white cables used for negative. Is that from the factory or dealer?
That was from the dealer...I just kept them that way since that's all I've "known" since I've had the 377. It's really not hard to remember...unless things change as I get older! Lol!
Old 08-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #2637

As a side note today, my DW and I attended the Midwest RV Supershow in Elkhart today and although there were lots of rv’s, not a single North Point, Pinnacle, or Designer 5th wheel was on display. Just 3 or 4 Eagles way in the back, but plenty of Jayco tag alongs. Event was scheduled for last weekend, but canceled due to the weather. Mostly sunny today, but they had rain Thurs, and again heavily yesterday and the field today was a muddy mulch mess. Almost every RV was mudded up inside. One Eagle had sunk down in the soft ground and the bottom fold out step was level with the icky ground! After tomorrow, when those rigs all get moved, I don’t want to even think about all that clean up.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 08-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #2638

Quote:
That was from the dealer...I just kept them that way since that's all I've "known" since I've had the 377. It's really not hard to remember...unless things change as I get older! Lol!

That’s very interesting. It’s color coded to AC residential wiring. I didn’t recall seeing anything like that today at the Elkhart RV show. My feet are tired. We both walked 3 miles today at that event.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #2639

I pulled my battery shelf out, and that narrow space is where I mounted a cord reel for my 30a umbilical. Mounted my four 6v golf cart batteries in the larger nose compartment, and built a vented box around them.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #2640

Hi Tom. My 2016 just cracked as well. I could do the fix myself and have the fiberglass fixed by my buddy. Is there any way you could get a copy of or drawing of what the fix is so I can do it. You can email it to me at bradsampson@outlook.com
Did you ever get this cracking issue fixed???
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote